"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:03 am

Any scans, preferably translated, out on it?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:13 am

Jackalope89 wrote:Any scans, preferably translated, out on it?
Nothing has leaked out as of yet, just text from people who have it but I assume we should get something any minute now.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:13 am

sintzu wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Maybe they're both there but the leaker hasn't said so or they're going to split them up like they did with Vegetto and zamasu in fighterz.
I’m hoping its the former. Maybe if this is just a 2 character pack, it will either be Majuub paired with Super Baby Vegeta 2 or Pikkon.
I think Majuub is more likely as he was part of the Baby arc and even fought him. The 2nd pack will most likely be androids 19&20 as they'll be the only major characters left unplayable in some form in XV.
I disagree. I feel like the Androids aren’t requested enough to be a top priority. I can see Pikkon, Caulifla, Kale, Kafla, Toppo, Ribrianne, Master Roshi and maybe even General Tao before Androids 19 and 20.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:21 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:I can see Pikkon, Caulifla, Kale, Kafla, Toppo, Ribrianne, Master Roshi and maybe even General Tao before Androids 19 and 20.
If we're going to get any DB characters it'll be Kid Goku and King Piccolo. In terms of Super's characters they're possible but wouldn't they want to save them for XV3 as using them now won't leave much if anything to market XV3 with. If we do end up getting a super pack then Toppo and Kefla will be the most likely 2.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:19 pm

sintzu wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:I can see Pikkon, Caulifla, Kale, Kafla, Toppo, Ribrianne, Master Roshi and maybe even General Tao before Androids 19 and 20.
If we're going to get any DB characters it'll be Kid Goku and King Piccolo. In terms of Super's characters they're possible but wouldn't they want to save them for XV3 as using them now won't leave much if anything to market XV3 with. If we do end up getting a super pack then Toppo and Kefla will be the most likely 2.
We already have a Kid Goku and King Piccolo is basically Piccolo. Roshi has been brought back into prominence with the T.o.P and out of any DB villains that they could have had in DBL, they had Tao. Knowing that DBL uses assets from XV2, maybe it will go both ways.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:54 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:One new DLC character revealed in V-Jump, Super Baby Vegeta 2. Comes "this summer", so I imagine next month will show another character and they'll come out at the end of July as a pack of 2 characters.
About bloody time. I honestly am surprised he wasn't in the initial roster considering all of the other GT representatives in the game.

Fingers crossed for Rilld too.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:34 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:One new DLC character revealed in V-Jump, Super Baby Vegeta 2. Comes "this summer", so I imagine next month will show another character and they'll come out at the end of July as a pack of 2 characters.
They need to give him a unique quote with Black.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:09 pm

The only 3 GT characters I feel are needed now are

Majuub - (New attacks he can bring in game - Blazing Barrage Palm, Lighting Arrow, Chocolate Kamehameha)
Oceanus Shenron - (new attacks she can bring in game: Air Shattering Energy Ball,Mighty Hurricane Fury,Cyclone Wall,Whirlwind Spin)
Meta Rildo - (new attacks he can bring in game: Deadly Metal Needles,Metal Breath,Deadly Crush,Hyper Meta-Rilldo Punch)

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:04 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Only one? Thats strange. Even when it was just a 2 character pack, they always revealed both characters at the same time.
Like I said, it's probably a pack of 2 characters, so they reveal one this month and one next month.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:22 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Only one? Thats strange. Even when it was just a 2 character pack, they always revealed both characters at the same time.
Like I said, it's probably a pack of 2 characters, so they reveal one this month and one next month.
Yeah. I’m just saying that that would be a strange method compared to their norm.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:37 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Yeah. I’m just saying that that would be a strange method compared to their norm.
Not really, they divided character reveals for Packs 5 and 6 between two issues of V-Jump, so doing one this month and one next month fits.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:42 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Yeah. I’m just saying that that would be a strange method compared to their norm.
Not really, they divided character reveals for Packs 5 and 6 between two issues of V-Jump, so doing one this month and one next month fits.
Are we going to get 2 packs or just one ? I know we talked about getting 2 but I don't remember if they announced 2 or if we were just assuming we'd get 2.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:01 am

sintzu wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
Are we going to get 2 packs or just one ? I know we talked about getting 2 but I don't remember if they announced 2 or if we were just assuming we'd get 2.
Just my assumption.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:22 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Yes but only because the extra packs had 4 characters. They still ended up revealing 2 characters per v-jump scan.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:54 am

I wish we could get some scans.
AnimeNation101 wrote: Yes but only because the extra packs had 4 characters. They still ended up revealing 2 characters per v-jump scan.
Splitting them up makes more sense though, since they'll have a character to talk about every month. FighterZ does the same thing.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:41 am

It's here, what's it say?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:54 am

Rinsankajugin wrote:It's here, what's it say?

Easily my most anticipated character. :clap: :mrgreen: Hopefully each pack (assuming there's 2) will have 4 characters each like the previous 2.

Does anyone think he'll get story missions ?
Last edited by sintzu on Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:57 am

Finally he's here and it looks glorious! Sad they only revealed one new guy, though.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:07 am

Draconic wrote:Finally he's here and it looks glorious! Sad they only revealed one new guy, though.
It's easy to build up hype by showing just one character as people will anticipate the next one like they did with fighterz so next month we'll get whoever else is part of this. Personally I think it'll be Uub.