"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:05 am

Is it just me or is it becoming extremely unlikely that Saiyan and Namek Saga villains are not going to be in the game?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheGodfather93 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:13 am

I wish I got accepted into the beta. As it is I don't even want to watch any YouTubers' videos on the game because I'm salty at not being able to play it.

I get that it's just a closed beta, and it might be petty of me to think this way, but dammit, I really wanted to play it. January seems so far away.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:59 am

AgitoZ wrote: It's understandable that GG and BB games don't have one as those games are very niche and the audience for them doesn't particularly care.
Central Fiction and Xrd Revelator received HUGE backlashes from their fanbases upon not getting English dubs. The problem is, as you said, they're niche and the wave was only as big as the bases themselves.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

AndyAvenue91

Post by AndyAvenue91 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:26 am

Simere wrote:Longer trailer with new SSB footage and the Kaioshin stage
The Kaioshin stage looks incredible!
FortuneSSJ wrote:When it comes to stages, I would love to have Beerus home and Hell from Fusion Reborn. Both are among my favorite locations of the franchise.
I would love both of these, particularly Hell though, I always had a soft spot for that stage after Shin Budokai - Another Road.
Xbox GT: Andy Avenue
IG: andyavenue91

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:35 am

I want a trailer of Yamcha and Tenshinhan. I wanna see them in action.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:04 pm

Is anyone else thinking the weird little things floating in tanks when we see Android 21 are what become the dark clones we get of the characters? Maybe something similar to Cell, but each one is only made from the DNA of a particular person rather than combining them?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:42 pm

Tenshinan looks way too good, and Yamcha looks great as well. I'm very hyped at the possibility of doing well with underdog characters such as the Earthlings, something that isn't usually possible in other games. Android 21 continues to look cool as hell, and they treated us with an extremely high resolution picture of Toriyama's design.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:55 pm

Well, the Earthlings seldom miss fighting games of the franchise but I get what you mean. A smaller roster like this where each character is giving the care to maximize each flaws and strenght in gameplay? Definatly, "high resolution"!

The trailer can`t come fast nough.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:09 pm

Can't wait to see the trailers, specially Yamcha, by the description he seems like the type of character I'm going to love.
If they repeat what they did at Gamescom we probably will only get their trailers at the end of the Tokyo Game Show.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:30 pm

Olympian wrote:Well, the Earthlings seldom miss fighting games of the franchise but I get what you mean. A smaller roster like this where each character is giving the care to maximize each flaws and strenght in gameplay? Definatly, "high resolution"!
Yeah, the magic of competitive fighting games, lol. In P4AU Margaret and Elizabeth are equal to other characters at least in gameplay (they have cool KO'd poses though) and Rise and Marie are fighters.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:47 pm

How Akira Toriyama Designed Android 21
Namco Bandai created the game’s story and decided what kind of character Android 21 would. “We basically said what the character was, such as her gender and her personality,” Hiroki explained. “We said what kind of character we wanted, and gave Toriyama the plot. Then, he was able to freely draw the character.”

Essentially, Namco Bandai created the framework, and within those parameters, Toriyama designed Android 21.

Namco Bandai was operating under parameters of its own. While working on the game, the developers would show art and footage to Toei and Shueisha (instead of working with directly with Toriyama). The anime studio and the manga publisher would then check the game to make sure what the developers were doing suited the characters and the Dragon Ball universe.

“There were small things that were rejected or changed, such as them saying that Freeza or Cell wouldn’t say this or that or some slight changes to how Goku would act.”

While Android was designed for Dragon Ball FighterZ, Hiroki said she would be happy if the character became popular enough to make the leap to the Dragon Ball anime. We’ll have to see about that.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:03 pm

While Android was designed for Dragon Ball FighterZ, Hiroki said she would be happy if the character became popular enough to make the leap to the Dragon Ball anime. We’ll have to see about that.
Oh, it sounds… promising (?).
So, Toriyama does not participated, except designing #21.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:11 pm

If it's hard enough for Mira and Towa to appear in the TV series, let alone Android 21... :(

But hope is the last one to die. :) I want the three of them in the series right now!
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:14 pm

Rewatched the extended story trailer. Did Krillin die again?
Here on 0:32: https://youtu.be/aQKjNSK1eRE
If watch frame by frame.

UPD: Goku gameplay profile by TGNAnime: https://youtu.be/O4Jo3ME9Qhw

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:02 pm

How Dragon Ball FighterZ look when played by a Guilty Gears (Another ASW game) veteran: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWUwPm34v48
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:07 pm

Akira Toriyama had one job and he freaking nailed it!!
Android 21 couldn't look any better and the fanbase reception to her has been insane, even for this fanbase who always reacts quickly to these things.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:40 pm

Really hoping Yamcha is the trap rushdown figther the game deserves :twisted: wind parry for the win.

Ten will likely be a charge type. I wonder who gets to use Solar Flare thought. It became a Kuririn signature of sorts since the Namek arc and he`s improved it massively but Ten created it. Should both have it? Ten his standard SF and Kuririn his own Super version with different hit properties? Similarly how the Kamehameha should be differenty used by characters of the same school, I guess..
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:49 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:How Dragon Ball FighterZ look when played by a Guilty Gears (Another ASW game) veteran: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWUwPm34v48
I can already tell I'm gonna get my ass kicked in 90% of my online matches. :(

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:59 pm

That`s how you get better. The power of training :D

Just noticed this after reading the detail on another Forum but that`s doesn`t seem to be the Saiyan Saga Gi Yamcha is wearing. It looks more like the 2008 movie Gi that he had under the civies. Which, in a nice twist, likely makes this the Yamcha we would have got for the TOP if he had been invited.

Totally Super.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:09 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I can already tell I'm gonna get my ass kicked in 90% of my online matches. :(
At least, you can online. My internet is so shit… But still I'll wait the game. I doubt I go to online anytime. I want, but more likely I can't.