Death Battle: Goku vs Superman 2

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Death Battle: Goku vs Superman 2

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:52 am

rereboy wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: Well you don't need to put him in a fight. Just have him standing there wiping out all of them in an instant xD
He is never stated to be omnipotent and even if he was, the "higher tiers of DC and marvel" have characters stated to be omnipotent.

Being the strongest in the DB franchise with none surpassing him doesn't automatically mean anything when we compare to other franchises. That would be like saying that since there are no humans stronger than Buffy in the Buffy franchise, there couldn't be any humans stronger than her in marvel and DC when there obviously are.
There's also no point in putting him against someone overwhelmingly stronger or overwhelmingly weaker than him in a video because that would be a pointless video... you have to have a fight between comparable opponents. And if we don't know how he fights or what he does, how can you animate that fight? You can't.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:50 pm

rereboy wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: Well you don't need to put him in a fight. Just have him standing there wiping out all of them in an instant xD
He is never stated to be omnipotent and even if he was, the "higher tiers of DC and marvel" have characters stated to be omnipotent.

Being the strongest in the DB franchise with none surpassing him doesn't automatically mean anything when we compare to other franchises. That would be like saying that since there are no humans stronger than Buffy in the Buffy franchise, there couldn't be any humans stronger than her in marvel and DC when there obviously are.
When did i ever say he was omnipotent? Now you're putting words in my mouth dude. Not once did i ever say he was omnipotent. That said, Zeno can wipe out "anything" he wants and this automatically includes the whole marvelverse. Toriyama's rules, (my rules) except for TOAA ofcourse. I don't care what anybody says.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:32 pm

Zeno has no fighting feats at the moment. While him able to wipe out universes is pretty powerful, there are Marvel, DC and Image Comic book characters around that powe or if not above it. Zeno seems like that he might be around IG level in the Marvel universe.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:25 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:Zeno has no fighting feats at the moment. While him able to wipe out universes is pretty powerful, there are Marvel, DC and Image Comic book characters around that powe or if not above it. Zeno seems like that he might be around IG level in the Marvel universe.
Eh, there are tons of characters I know of that can destroy or create infinite universes, not just a dozen or so. That makes them infinitely more powerful than him by default. And there are even characters above those. Take Mem Aleph from Shin Megami Tensei, or the Guardians of Time from Doctor Who for example. But putting them in an animated fight video wouldn't really work that well either.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:54 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:Zeno has no fighting feats at the moment. While him able to wipe out universes is pretty powerful, there are Marvel, DC and Image Comic book characters around that powe or if not above it. Zeno seems like that he might be around IG level in the Marvel universe.
IG thanos lolstomped eternity, and eternity can not only destroy the entire multiverse (infinite universes), but also REMAKE it. So, he's not IG level yet, not even close.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:02 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: When did i ever say he was omnipotent? Now you're putting words in my mouth dude. Not once did i ever say he was omnipotent. That said, Zeno can wipe out "anything" he wants and this automatically includes the whole marvelverse. Toriyama's rules, (my rules) except for TOAA ofcourse. I don't care what anybody says.
Being able to wipe out anything in the way you are describing implies omnipotence (at the very least in regards to destruction). So, no, I'm not "putting words in your mouth".

As I've explained, your notion that he can wipe out whatever he wants doesn't work because he is not omnipotent and even if he was stated to be so, he would be so only so within his own franchise, with marvel and DC also having characters in their franchises stated to be omnipotent.

Finally, just because a certain franchise says something, like Buffy being the strongest human in her franchise, it doesn't automatically mean that there can't be stronger humans in other franchises.

If you don't "care what anybody says", that's your problem and, unfortunately, that just shows more about your stance than anybody else.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:26 am

rereboy wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: When did i ever say he was omnipotent? Now you're putting words in my mouth dude. Not once did i ever say he was omnipotent. That said, Zeno can wipe out "anything" he wants and this automatically includes the whole marvelverse. Toriyama's rules, (my rules) except for TOAA ofcourse. I don't care what anybody says.
Being able to wipe out anything in the way you are describing implies omnipotence (at the very least in regards to destruction). So, no, I'm not "putting words in your mouth".

As I've explained, your notion that he can wipe out whatever he wants doesn't work because he is not omnipotent and even if he was stated to be so, he would be so only so within his own franchise, with marvel and DC also having characters in their franchises stated to be omnipotent.

Finally, just because a certain franchise says something, like Buffy being the strongest human in her franchise, it doesn't automatically mean that there can't be stronger humans in other franchises.

If you don't "care what anybody says", that's your problem and, unfortunately, that just shows more about your stance than anybody else.
It doesn't imply omnipotence. In fact i'm not even sure you fully understand what omnipotence really means. All it reveals is that he has an extremely high destructive capacity. Enough to give him his own death battle. We know more than enough about him now. Give him some respect dude, that's no way to be talking about the mighty Omni-King!!

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:44 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: It doesn't imply omnipotence. In fact i'm not even sure you fully understand what omnipotence really means. All it reveals is that he has an extremely high destructive capacity.
Sure, if that's all you had claimed.

But you didn't just claim that he is the strongest in Dragon Ball and that he can destroy multiple universes of the DB franchise.

No, you went from that to "he can wipe out anything, including everything in other franchises", or, in other words, you went from that to basically saying "he has no limits".

And the best and most accurate way to describe having no limits is regards to power is omnipotence. In this case you were at the very least implying omnipotence in regards to his destructive abilities.

Maybe instead of claiming that others don't understand what omnipotent means, you should reflect yourself on what it means so that you don't confuse being the strongest in one franchise with being able to wipe out everything, including everything from other franchises.
GodVegetto91 wrote: Enough to give him his own death battle. We know more than enough about him now. Give him some respect dude, that's no way to be talking about the mighty Omni-King!!
More than enough reasons were already stated for why it isn't so.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:12 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
rereboy wrote:

It doesn't imply omnipotence. In fact i'm not even sure you fully understand what omnipotence really means. All it reveals is that he has an extremely high destructive capacity. Enough to give him his own death battle. We know more than enough about him now. Give him some respect dude, that's no way to be talking about the mighty Omni-King!!
There are plenty of characters in fiction that have been stated to be capable of destroying universes and some have actually been shown doing it. That doesn't mean they all need their own death battles. Death Battle isn't about finding the most powerful character ever its supposed to just be a fight of popular fan theory fights. And the characters usually have a decent bit of back story and feats to try and figure out a conclusion on, or at least stretch out the video.
Also like it has been said we don't know enough about Omni-King. All we know is that "Omni-King doesn't fight but is extremely powerful" (probably not a perfect quote). So for all we know he might not even be strong in the traditional DB sense. He might actually have a low power level but his position lets him decide the fates of the DB universes. We need to actually see him do stuff before they could really have him do a Death Battle. As it is now Omni-King might as well be a character from a one page, one panel comic/manga that says "this is Omni-King, he is very powerful, he can destroy universes" and its just a picture of him. Heck I can make a character like that
--
This is Bob.
Bob is very powerful.
Bob used to oversee 18 universes.
But one day Bob got mad and now there are only 12.
<picture of Bob>
--
So who wins?

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:31 am

Super Saiyan Blue Vegito vs Superman :lol:

But seriously you know it's going to be discussed to death in the YouTube comments and there's going to be videos on it.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:10 am

apex_pretador wrote:
IG thanos lolstomped eternity, and eternity can not only destroy the entire multiverse (infinite universes), but also REMAKE it. So, he's not IG level yet, not even close.
Thanos fought the universal Infinity. Not the true Infinity that spreads across the multiverse. The IG was presented as a big deal back in that story but nowadays its limit is universal.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:33 am

Why won't this fucking thread die ?
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:07 am

nickzambuto wrote:
apex_pretador wrote:
Thanos fought the universal Infinity. Not the true Infinity that spreads across the multiverse. The IG was presented as a big deal back in that story but nowadays its limit is universal.
Infinity?

Anyways, there is one and only one eternity. 616 eternity IS multi-eternity. And it was 616 eternity whose power haas been used to destroy / remake the multiverse.
Also, beings below eternity level have shown multiversal power level.

Current IG is a joke compared to classic IG.
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:57 am

Bullza wrote:Super Saiyan Blue Vegito vs Superman :lol:

But seriously you know it's going to be discussed to death in the YouTube comments and there's going to be videos on it.
You do not have to bump this thread every time a new character is shown.

In fact, you do not have to bump this thread at all.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:34 am

apex_pretador wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:
apex_pretador wrote: IG thanos lolstomped eternity, and eternity can not only destroy the entire multiverse (infinite universes), but also REMAKE it. So, he's not IG level yet, not even close.
Infinity?

Anyways, there is one and only one eternity. 616 eternity IS multi-eternity. And it was 616 eternity whose power haas been used to destroy / remake the multiverse.
Also, beings below eternity level have shown multiversal power level.

Current IG is a joke compared to classic IG.
Lol, typo. I just lost all credibility so I concede.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:58 am

Bullza wrote:Super Saiyan Blue Vegito vs Superman :lol:

please let this thread die.

Namek freeza is a good match for superman for all intents and purposes, but if you really want to do it, you can make a case for Superman soloing all of DB, DBZ, DBS, DBGT so let's not get into it.
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:35 pm

The debate never dies!

Apparently Whis is something like 271 trillion times the speed of light based on him flying across the universe in like 3 hours, though it was actually 2 hours 45 minutes. Also Beerus is apparently three quarters of the speed of Whis based on on how it took him 80 seconds to fly to the dinosaur planet whereas it took Whis 60 seconds.

How fast is Superman in comparison to that?

Recently there's also been Vegeta blowing up that other dimension and Black ripping through time and space so they're getting there.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:07 pm

Dear god let this worthless thread die!! :evil: