DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:57 pm

Eddie wrote:The only character I had difficulty understanding was Bubbles. Damn monkey! I couldn't quite make out that release date. :D
Everything Bubbles says are words of wisdom. Sadly the translator was on break . . . :roll: :lol:

Onikage725
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Onikage725 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:22 am

Here's what I was suggesting-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuI1jhM0e7U
vs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXsdVjC8Tpc

The second clip showcases DBZA's current inspiration. If you compare the two voices, they are similar. Just, the second version sounds like someone imitating the first one, with a touch of Homestar Runner, and perhaps suffering from a cold.
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

hui43210
Not-So-Newbie

Post by hui43210 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:16 pm

Have you guys seen that a lot of trolls are telling toei about your new account trying to get you banned since they do not like you. What if those F*&@%ers succecd?

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:27 am

hui43210 wrote:Have you guys seen that a lot of trolls are telling toei about your new account trying to get you banned since they do not like you. What if those F*&@%ers succecd?
Wow. There's always some assholes out there with no life wanting to ruin everyone's fun for no gains whatsoever.
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:48 am

JAPPO wrote:Wow. There's always some assholes out there with no life wanting to ruin everyone's fun for no gains whatsoever.
Yeah, and then there's the ones who report people to them.

... Oh, is that who you meant? Well them too.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:03 am

SSj Kaboom wrote:
JAPPO wrote:Wow. There's always some assholes out there with no life wanting to ruin everyone's fun for no gains whatsoever.
Yeah, and then there's the ones who report people to them.

... Oh, is that who you meant? Well them too.
What do you mean?

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:05 am

Does anyone speak monkey? I really want to know the release schedule...

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:26 am

JAPPO wrote:That do you mean?
You: Make implied statement about people who spitefully report things being jerks.
Me: Make witty play-on-words crack insinuating that the jerks in question are actually the reportees rather than the reporters.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:39 am

hui43210 wrote:Have you guys seen that a lot of trolls are telling toei about your new account trying to get you banned since they do not like you. What if those F*&@%ers succecd?
Who cares, I doubt that there's enough of them to actually garner Toei's attention and even if they do and they get shut down again... well then it's time to pull the fair use card.

Although, I do doubt that if they were to get shut down again that the guys from TFS would take legal action, just doesn't seem like their style.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Taku128

Post by Taku128 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:35 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:Who cares, I doubt that there's enough of them to actually garner Toei's attention and even if they do and they get shut down again... well then it's time to pull the fair use card.

Although, I do doubt that if they were to get shut down again that the guys from TFS would take legal action, just doesn't seem like their style.

This message is displayed at the beginning of every DVD. It says you can't duplicate the footage on said DVD for any reason, or you'll end up in jail for 5 years with a $250,000 fine. TFS has no legal argument they can make, and if anyone was taking anyone else to court, it would be Toei to TFS, not the other way around.
­

Onikage725

Post by Onikage725 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:21 pm

Wouldn't that be FUNi taking them to court? That's a US notice, and Youtube is a US site, so I assume legal action is the right of the US license holder. Not to say that Toei can't file a C&D or push FUNi to pursue legal action.

Note: I am in no way a legal expert, so I may be talking out of my ass here.
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

hui43210
Not-So-Newbie

Post by hui43210 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:22 pm

It seems ssjgozar bit the dust. Not a big fan but that can't be good.

Remix
Beyond Newbie

Post by Remix » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:51 pm

Well, Gozar should have just done a public viewing rotation with his videos like I do.

But, due to this little raid, everything is completely hidden.
Hi, I'm WeeklyTubeShow. Innagadadavida and I like to make videos.

Perhaps you'd like to see one.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:41 pm

@Taku128
Fair Use Agreement wrote:The fair use is a doctrine in United States copyright law that allows limited use of copyrighted material without requiring permission from the rights holders.
I guess that would just be up to a judge on what "limited use" is defined as. While you're probably right about this, I'm just putting this out there too.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:07 pm

hui43210 wrote:It seems ssjgozar bit the dust. Not a big fan but that can't be good.
Not a big fan either, but I see no legal problems with his videos. Toei is just hurting themselves, honestly.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:46 pm

JAPPO wrote:
hui43210 wrote:It seems ssjgozar bit the dust. Not a big fan but that can't be good.
Not a big fan either, but I see no legal problems with his videos. Toei is just hurting themselves, honestly.
How are they hurting themselves? This is causing no detriment to their company. So they made a few fans on the internet angry, it's not like they're going to stop buying stuff from them.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:48 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:
JAPPO wrote:
How are they hurting themselves? This is causing no detriment to their company. So they made a few fans on the internet angry, it's not like they're going to stop buying stuff from them.
Well, we had gotten a lot of people telling us we'd revived their interest in the show.

Don't really think it's gonna effect Toei all that much, though.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:58 pm

Alright, guys. Toei Animation is putting their foot down in a bad way right now, with account after account suffering from their iron fist. This may put an immediate halt to future releases. Do not take this as we're not going to still work on them. we just won't be uploading them to Youtube until we can work out an optimal plan.

Sorry, guys. We may try and hook you up personally when Episode 11's done, if we can.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Tweaker
Regular

Post by Tweaker » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:16 am

You could always try a different website. DailyMotion and Viddler are pretty decent alternatives, and as far as I can tell they have nowhere near as many issues with videos being taken down.

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:16 am

We all knew this would happen given the way many corporate entities have reacted to anything even remotely encroaching on their franchises over the internet. :? It is not just Toei, but all major media corporations have been watching Youtube like a hawk over the last year or so. I wonder if they have hired staff just for that purpose? :lol: :roll:

Even though it is too early to ask, I am curious why all of you on Team Fourstar have not simply moved all of your videos to thatguywiththeglasses.com? Is it because the site could not handle the bandwidth if audiences could only watch there?

Either way, it would be best if Dragonball Abridged was posted at two online locations. Best of luck guys! :)