"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri May 13, 2016 12:24 pm

TekTheNinja wrote: I'd mind. That would be stupid. Only a full Saiyan is supposed to be able to do that. The only reason Gotenks can is because two half Saiyans make a whole Saiyan.
Gotenks is not full-blooded Saiyan. Where would would get that from.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Fri May 13, 2016 12:37 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote: I'd mind. That would be stupid. Only a full Saiyan is supposed to be able to do that. The only reason Gotenks can is because two half Saiyans make a whole Saiyan.
The whole idea that Gotenks can go Super Saiyan Three stems from how they are both half Saiyans, so together, they make a full Saiyan. It doesn't make complete sense because they are also both half human, so you'd imagine a fusion still being a half Saiyan, but that's the official reasoning.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri May 13, 2016 12:40 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
The whole idea that Gotenks can go Super Saiyan Three stems from how they are both half Saiyans, so together, they make a full Saiyan. It doesn't make complete sense because they are also both half human, so you'd imagine a fusion still being a half Saiyan, but that's the official reasoning.
No, it's not official, it's just stuff made up by fans.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri May 13, 2016 12:43 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
sintzu wrote:He changed the reason Goku was sent to earth and gave him lovable parents to show that him becoming a good Saiyan would've happened regardless of him hitting his head to make it more kid friendly.
Did we read different version of Dragon Ball Minus? Because that's not what I read. Bardock and Gine cared about each other, and their family, but they weren't "good". Bardock still went out and committed mass genocide without a speck of hesitation, and Gine was completely fine with him doing that.

That doesn't equate to Goku would become the character we know regardless of whether he hit his head or not, it just means he could potentially find a mate he'd care about while he continued to slaughter the rest of Earth's population, just as he tried to do with Gohan the moment he arrived.
Also, why would Goku end up good even if his parents were good? Raditz was still an evil bastard after all, and guys like Hitler didn't descend from a bloodline of genocidal tyrants.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Fri May 13, 2016 1:20 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
By that logic, they are also half-Earthling, so shouldn't they make a full Earthling after fusing?
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri May 13, 2016 1:33 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
What "official" reasoning?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri May 13, 2016 1:42 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
What "official" reasoning?
You know the Dragon Ball community. Official and valid is equivalent to fan reasoning. :D They probably also think two people which are half a and half b sleeping together results in a 100% a, 100% b child. :D
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Fri May 13, 2016 2:03 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:
nato25 wrote: Ideally for me he mentions that he killed Babidi and his minions and so Buu remains dormant. Trunks kept up his training so he is still a strong SSJ2, at least on the level of Vegeta when he fights Goku at Majin level. If they give him SSJ3 I won't mind either I guess.
I'd mind. That would be stupid. Only a full Saiyan is supposed to be able to do that. The only reason Gotenks can is because two half Saiyans make a whole Saiyan.
I'm sorry, could I get a source on that? I don't recall it being said Super Saiyan 3 was exclusive to full-blood Saiyans. :eh:

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri May 13, 2016 2:08 pm

sintzu wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Visiting Planet Sadla would be so much fun. I've almost lost hope that it'll happen though.
They wouldn't have brought it up as much as they did if they weren't going to do something later down the line.
It could be a good plot for our third movie.

Besides Beerus/Whis, there's nothing that should put a threat to Goku/Vegeta now in Universe 7 anymore.
Unless you bring Freeza again and make him train for 8 months.

Beerus/Whis turn out to be villains again right now, seems too soon.

Have the third movie plot happen in Universe 6 would be the best and most welcome move. There's a lot to explore in a new universe.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri May 13, 2016 2:55 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: It could be a good plot for our third movie.
If we're going to visit the Saiyans planet then the last thing we need is an hour or so time limit.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri May 13, 2016 3:24 pm

sintzu wrote: If we're going to visit the Saiyans planet then the last thing we need is an hour or so time limit.
The last thing we need is an entire arc about the saiyan race again.
If they don't botther to do some episodes to cover that in Super, a movie could work and be enough, if it's done right.
We also should know more about Metalman race home planet.

The movie wouldn't take place only in Planet Salad.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri May 13, 2016 4:16 pm

sintzu wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote: It could be a good plot for our third movie.
If we're going to visit the Saiyans planet then the last thing we need is an hour or so time limit.
Why? Dragon Ball has never been a documentary of new places.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri May 13, 2016 4:37 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Why? Dragon Ball has never been a documentary of new places.
Trying to tell that kind of story in an hour would be like trying to tell the Namek arc in an hour, so much great content would have to be left out.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri May 13, 2016 4:44 pm

sintzu wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Why? Dragon Ball has never been a documentary of new places.
Trying to tell that kind of story in an hour would be like trying to tell the Namek arc in an hour, so much great content would have to be left out.
What was so great & detailed about Planet Namek itself that required a whole arc? It was just a big green planet with a few villages that were almost wiped out since the beginning and that's it. There are many reasons that the Namek arc wouldn't work as a movie, but its world building is not one of them.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri May 13, 2016 4:51 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:What was so great & detailed about Planet Namek itself that required a whole arc ?
I'm talking about the arc, not the planet.

I said Namek because that's where the events took place, the same thing would apply to the android/cell arc, there's too much content to turn it into one movie.

If we're going to get an arc about U6's Saiyan planet then I want it to be a long arc with a lot going on, like the Namek/Freeza arc.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri May 13, 2016 5:31 pm

There is no reason to go to planet Sadal so what is so exciting about it, all we will see is more Saiyans and them just living normally. I would prefer to go to places for a reason, I would rather go to universe 6 earth than planet Sadal anyway.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Fri May 13, 2016 5:49 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:There is no reason to go to planet Sadal so what is so exciting about it, all we will see is more Saiyans and them just living normally. I would prefer to go to places for a reason, I would rather go to universe 6 earth than planet Sadal anyway.
Can't the same argument be used against your suggestion? :lol: They haven't a real reason to visit either! There's nothing wrong with exploring different environments of the Dragon World. As for the excitement factor, we'd just have to see how the writers would handle it.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri May 13, 2016 5:55 pm

Didn't U6 Earth get revived to be precisely the same as U7 Earth anyhow? If that's the case, there's no point in visiting it.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri May 13, 2016 5:58 pm

Nejishiki wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:There is no reason to go to planet Sadal so what is so exciting about it, all we will see is more Saiyans and them just living normally. I would prefer to go to places for a reason, I would rather go to universe 6 earth than planet Sadal anyway.
Can't the same argument be used against your suggestion? :lol: They haven't a real reason to visit either! There's nothing wrong with exploring different environments of the Dragon World. As for the excitement factor, we'd just have to see how the writers would handle it.

I want to see what Planet Sadla's King is like. Cabba teasing about him made left me so curious.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri May 13, 2016 6:26 pm

Nejishiki wrote:
I mean if we had to choose to go to a random planet I would choose universe 6 Earth to see who is actually there as we know nothing about it whereas we know planet Sadal is full of Saiyans.