If the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade had Dragon Ball Balloons

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RemiLeopold

Post by RemiLeopold » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:23 pm

Are you people dense?

We need an Appule balloon!

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:04 pm

Oolong with a grin, and his panties.
Choujin Daizenshuu wrote:Wait, people watch Oprah?
I'm watching Oprah right now. Awkward episode, it's about women acheiving something durring sex...

Anyways, I remember seeing a Goku and Vegeta giant headed costumed folk walking around at the annual Toronto Santa Claus Parade years ago.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Choujin Daizenshuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Choujin Daizenshuu » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:18 pm

I was being sarcastic in that Oprah post but the point is that I can't understand why anyone would even bother to watch that show unless their name was Duke Nukem.

BOT: Nail balloon! :)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:59 pm

I'd like to see a Shenlong balloon; just because he's so gigantic in the series that to have a giant facsimile like that in real life would be fun to see. X3

My 2nd choice would be Goku. (Chibi Goku, on Kinto'un; because it'd be cute that way X3 ) He'd be my first; but you know how ridiculously difficult it is to translate that hair to 3-D in the games that 3-D'ing it to giant balloon standards would be near-impossible.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Daimao
Mr. Subtitles

Post by Daimao » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:03 pm

Not strictly speaking Dragonball (sorry, Mike), but here's one I did for a photoshop contest once.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:04 pm

Vegetto, bitches.

Daimao wrote:Not strictly speaking Dragonball (sorry, Mike), but here's one I did for a photoshop contest once.
Iron Monger?

DBZGokuSaiyan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZGokuSaiyan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:48 pm

Rocketman wrote:Vegetto, bitches.

Daimao wrote:Not strictly speaking Dragonball (sorry, Mike), but here's one I did for a photoshop contest once.
Iron Monger?
Er... that's Ed from Fullmetal Alchemist. :lol:
Last edited by DBZGokuSaiyan on Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get Sponsored. Give Back.

SocialVibe

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:48 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Iron Monger?
*head-desk*

Unless you were being funny, which, knowing you, is highly likely.

EDIT:
DBZGokuSaiyan wrote:Er... that's Ed from Full Metal Alchemist. :lol:
*even bigger head-desk, then falls over dead*
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

DBZGokuSaiyan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZGokuSaiyan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:50 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:
Rocketman wrote:
Iron Monger?
*head-desk*

Unless you were being funny, which, knowing you, is highly likely.
If that was Iron Monger, I think "Iron Thong-er" would fit him better. :P

Anyway, I'd like to see a Shenron one the most. :D

SocialVibe

Choujin Daizenshuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Choujin Daizenshuu » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:58 pm

Pfft. Shenron is better to look at than flippin' Garfield or Kermit the Frog! :evil:

No wait, I take that back. I like Kermit! :)

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:45 pm

Choujin Daizenshuu wrote:Pfft. Shenron is better to look at than flippin' Garfield or Kermit the Frog! :evil:

No wait, I take that back. I like Kermit! :)
Don't you ever badmouth Garfield or Kermit again.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:48 pm

DBZGokuSaiyan wrote:

Iron Monger?
Um...That's Al from Fullmetal Alchemist.

DBZGokuSaiyan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZGokuSaiyan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:58 pm

Tyro wrote:
DBZGokuSaiyan wrote:

Iron Monger?
Um...That's Al from Fullmetal Alchemist.
I know. :P Was just partially leading someone closer to the real answer... and watching Tori-bot head-desk once more. :lol:

SocialVibe

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:37 am

Rocketman wrote:Iron Monger?
"Aaarrg smash!! Me not happy smash!! Me eat impudent birdbrain smash! Me want eat... iron too smash!!!!"

Oh that silly Iron Manger and his shenanigans! :lol:

I liked the episode of the Iron Manager cartoon where he had to eat all of the trash at a car scrapper facility so that the environment would continue to be habitable for human life to exist for the ages to come.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:58 am

I've watched the Macy's Thanksgiving parade once, not on tv though. I got up really early, took the train to Manhattan, stood outside in the middle of a crowed sidewalk, hugging myself in cold fall weather, and waited for the parade pass by. Never did it again. But I always wondered if they would ever make DB related parade balloon, let alone allow it.

If I had to pick it would be Goku riding Shen Long (like on the cover of the first DB volume), Krillin's big bald head (they could put him right behind Charlie Brown), or fat Buu. I think these would make great DB Macy's parade balloons.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:19 am

Scarz wrote:I've watched the Macy's Thanksgiving parade once, not on tv though. I got up really early, took the train to Manhattan, stood outside in the middle of a crowed sidewalk, hugging myself in cold fall weather, and waited for the parade pass by. Never did it again. But I always wondered if they would ever make DB related parade balloon, let alone allow it.

If I had to pick it would be Goku riding Shen Long (like on the cover of the first DB volume), Krillin's big bald head (they could put him right behind Charlie Brown), or fat Buu. I think these would make great DB Macy's parade balloons.

I'm pretty sure if someone just snuck into the place(Where they store the baloons, duh!) and just PAINTED the Charlie Brown float, you'd get a just as good Kuririn float.

...and yes, it IS that easy. 8)
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:38 am

Anything with Kintoun would be absolutely perfect. Young Goku on Kintoun would be awesome, but Goku and Gohan on Kintoun, with Hironobu Kageyama on a nearby float singing, would be even better.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:42 am

Vegetto and Bulma on Kinto'Un would be tres cool. Maybe Broli.

Choujin Daizenshuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Choujin Daizenshuu » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:44 pm

DragonballKaiHD wrote:Vegetto and Bulma on Kinto'Un would be tres cool. Maybe Broli.
Broli would black out the sky. And if he deflates, he'll kill all the spectators. :(
Scarz wrote:I've watched the Macy's Thanksgiving parade once, not on tv though. I got up really early, took the train to Manhattan, stood outside in the middle of a crowed sidewalk, hugging myself in cold fall weather, and waited for the parade pass by. Never did it again. But I always wondered if they would ever make DB related parade balloon, let alone allow it.
I don't think it's out of the question for FUNimation to fund an actual balloon for the parade. Dragon Ball Z is already very popular with the children of America. And hell, if Pikachu can get his own balloon, I don't see why Goku can't!

P.S. Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi had their own float in the parade and that show aired on CN. So, anything is possible. (no pun intended)

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:24 pm

I'd die to see Goku holding Gohan while riding Kinto'un.

But knowing how this stuff usually goes it would either be Broli or Vegeta crushing a scouter.