"Raging Blast 2" Gigantic On-Going Gaming Discussion

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Raging Blast 2 is Alive!

Post by B » Sat May 08, 2010 1:20 pm

Wow, I guess these shitball games meet their expectations if they keep making them.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Sat May 08, 2010 1:26 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:Raging Blast had FAR more characters and FAR more game features than Burst limit did.

Here let me go ask the dragon in burst limit is.....oh wait, it didnt HAVE a dragon in there did it?
At least Burst Limit was polished and had a deeper combat system. Being a more traditional 2D-esque(technically still 3D since it takes advantage of the third dimensional backgrounds like its predecessors did) fighting game isn't a negative thing either, especially when done well. Spike sucked the big one when they developed Raging Blast. It was a ridiculously rushed game with even more simple gameplay than the Sparking games had. It was clustered with broken movesets, glitches, and that damn horrible camera was unforgiving as hell! It offered barely any improvement to the previous games other than having new features such as knocking off the dodging from the Budokai games and adding in that super fast rush into the air. Both of those additions turned our ludicrously redundant. It was just a horrible and unfinished game.

With Burst Limit, although it really lacked in fan service, it made up for the small roster with its more balanced, deeper and interesting game mechanics. Now that doesn't necessarily mean the game was really good(as it was greatly inferior compared to the other Budokai-style installments) but at least it wasn't an utter disaster of epic proportions. Although I personally dislike the "light and heavy" style of gameplay it used, I'd much rather see a sequel to that game(well, I'd much rather have something different on the consoles by a new developer for DB games than a sequel of any previous game) than RB because I trust Dimps more to not actually royally screw it up.

Spike will have to recreate the past and pull a drastic update like they did from BT1 to BT2 to make sure Raging Blast 2 is actually worth purchasing. Right now they are on thin ice.

mystic trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mystic trunks » Sat May 08, 2010 2:41 pm

B wrote:Wow, I guess these shitball games meet their expectations if they keep making them.
I'm suprised Spike managed to overhaul the graphics engine in such a short span of time.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Sat May 08, 2010 2:49 pm

Fix the damn camera and give me the classic control scheme and I will bite.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Sat May 08, 2010 2:54 pm

Anything 2-d for a DBZ game will not give the anime justice. In every single battle there is jumping and flying in a huge vast space, no way around it.

mystic trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mystic trunks » Sat May 08, 2010 2:56 pm

When does the Magazine officially come out?

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Sat May 08, 2010 3:32 pm

Oh boy, more of the same shit! I'm so glad Namco Bandai is never going to do something new with this franchise on consoles!
­

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Sat May 08, 2010 3:37 pm

Raging Blast 2 huh?
Seems the graphics have gotten better, but I doubt much will come of it, I'll just quote myself from another thread.
I wrote:Despite all it's short comings, and the hate I dish to it (well deserved hate, I might add), I actually can enjoy Sparking! METEOR. Raging Blast on the other hand brings nothing new to the table, except updated graphics (which aren't really current-gen standard), and a higher frame-rate.
I just don't think Spike are solid game developers, especially when compared Dimps.
They've barely handled any serious games outside of the Dragon Ball universe on their own, and it shows. Their game-play is lacking true substance, is incredibly buggy and needlessly complex. Every outing they throw out just feels lazy, like it's in beta, the animations are choppy, choreography is none existent (METEOR's cut-scenes are simply laughable) and the overall experience just feels like it needed some more development time.
When compared to Dimps library, well, it just speaks for itself. If Spike would actually try devloping real games, instead of trying to fork out needless amounts of fan-service, then maybe we'd see a decent game from them.
/Rant.
Last edited by Rory on Sat May 08, 2010 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat May 08, 2010 3:38 pm

GT Vegeta, Goten, Gohan, and Trunks, please 'kay thanks (and Rild too!!)

I'm quite interested in seeing how this floats out. Maybe Wakamoto will give another good performance like he seemed to in the first game!!
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Sat May 08, 2010 3:39 pm

What exactly would you like them to do? Theres 2-d and 3-d fighting, thats about it unless you want some type of RPG, in that case you have Dragonball online.

yes they could do a MUCH better Sagas type game more closer to LOG 2 for a console but that idea was lost long ago.

EDIT: I would LOOOOOVE to finally see Rildo in a game, he has 3 forms and plenty or unique moves to work with.

and also @Sora: You have zero idea of what type of jump they are making into this game, there has only been ONE scan, you should wait until theres more info before you bash it that much. So far from the few photos the graphics look way better, give it time.

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Sat May 08, 2010 3:43 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:What exactly would you like them to do? Theres 2-d and 3-d fighting, thats about it unless you want some type of RPG, in that case you have Dragonball online.

yes they could do a MUCH better Sagas type game more closer to LOG 2 for a console but that idea was lost long ago.
Bullshit, they can make a 3D adventure game/beat 'em up if they felt like putting any actual effort into this franchise, but they'd rather shit out more horrible fighting games that all play exactly the same as their predecessors every year instead.
­

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat May 08, 2010 4:01 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:Burst Limit 2 would have been the same side to side resricted arena game as the first.

RB has WAS more giong for it than BL did with its tiny roster and limited game features.

You can't down a game because of one screen shot OR the game before it, especially when it shows how much better the graphics are right outta the gate.
So you say BL2 would have been the same side-to-side restricted arena game as the first? 1. How is it restricted? Are you saying that because it was 2.5D unlike the 3D Tenkaichi and Raging Blast titles? Because 2D fighting games are just as good as the 3D fighting games, and many people prefer the Budokai titles to the Tenkaichi titles because it follows the more traditional fighting engine made famous by the 2D fighters in the 1990s (I'm not saying it's exactly like that, just it resembles it more than the Tenkaichis).

I can down a game because of one screenshot or the game before it, because I know it's going to follow the same fighting engine as Raging Blast, just have a couple of new features and end up being a major disappointment because it's the same damn thing every year, rather than a completely new DB fighting game with a completely new fighting engine. Who cares if the graphics are better? Does that make the game itself any better? No! BL had a lot more going for it because at least it had brand new things like Drama Pieces, no charging, and that power-up thing (is it called Burst Mode?).

I don't know why you're defending Raging Blast 2 so strongly when everything points to this game being utter crap. The only compliment that I can give to it at this point is the graphics.
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Sat May 08, 2010 4:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Sat May 08, 2010 4:07 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:
@Sora: You have zero idea of what type of jump they are making into this game, there has only been ONE scan, you should wait until theres more info before you bash it that much. So far from the few photos the graphics look way better, give it time.
Would you please stop acting like an annoying fanboy? I didn't bash RB2 at all. All I said was that first Raging Blast was a mediocre and disappointing game. Considering that, I do not have high hopes for the sequel to be any better, especially considering the track record of all these Dragon Ball games. Every year it's one installment of one series after another with little improvements made each time as the development for every game is always so short and rushed.

Although there is a chance that Raging Blast 2 will be good, it's probably a slim one.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat May 08, 2010 4:11 pm

Li'l Lemmy wrote:Guesses as to whether or not they'll keep SSJ3 Vegeta and/or SSJ3 Broli?

~Da Lemmy
I think they will. SSJ3 Broly was created for the sole purpose of fan service. No doubt they'll put in another intro in which Broly is the strongest thing in the universe.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sat May 08, 2010 4:31 pm

Why make another? The first one was bad enough. :? Why don't they make a sequel to Burst Limit? RB is just silly compared to it.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Sat May 08, 2010 4:50 pm

Why would they stick to a "traditional" fighting system if you people are complaining that its all the same? Thats contradicting yourself.

These games sell, if BL did better than RB I'm sure they would have made a second one; yet we see which one they went with.

MajinGohanZ

Post by MajinGohanZ » Sat May 08, 2010 5:37 pm

Senzu_Bean wrote:Why make another? The first one was bad enough. :? Why don't they make a sequel to Burst Limit? RB is just silly compared to it.
I am on your side

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Sat May 08, 2010 5:38 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:Why would they stick to a "traditional" fighting system if you people are complaining that its all the same? Thats contradicting yourself.

These games sell, if BL did better than RB I'm sure they would have made a second one; yet we see which one they went with.
Dimps have been busy as fuck lately. Don't know if you've heard. Little games really, oh I dunno, I forget the names of the games now.. Oh yeah!
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 and Super Street Fighter IV?

People aren't talking about the perspective of the game being the same, additions to the game-play to make it a deeper, stronger experience is what most people want out of these games (then again, most people who buy Dragon Ball games are the same as what you seem to be rooting for: We need more characters, in 3D!!. Kind of annoying to read actually.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat May 08, 2010 5:39 pm

I didn't buy the first Raging Blast.....I dunno; it's gonna have to have something special to really grab my interest. :(

I did buy and like Burst Limit, but such is life. :?

I'll keep a lookout on news on RB2 and see what it's got to offer.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sat May 08, 2010 6:11 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:Why would they stick to a "traditional" fighting system if you people are complaining that its all the same? Thats contradicting yourself.
"Traditional" fighters, depending on the engine, require some actual effort, and can be very fun. The Sparking-style games are piss easy. Spam your RIGHT+TRIANGLE energy attack, fly off and power up, repeat. Features such as beam struggles and rush mode are pointless; they're essentially more spamming(twirl really fast/mash buttons).

That. Isn't. Fun.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki