Where to Now For the Dragon Ball Video Game Franchise?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Re: Where to Now For the Dragon Ball Video Game Franchise?

Post by AgitoZ » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:23 pm

Titan wrote:
AgitoZ wrote:
Titan wrote:Yes,Majuub doesn't exist,but, realistically, he could happen considering that Uub was the Kid Buu reincarnation who possessed his fighting potential.
But he doesn't exist. So....
The new Namek clans never existed too.So... .
It exists in DBO.

Although you might think it could happen, it didn't. Deal with it.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:24 pm

I'd personally like to see a Jump Super Stars style game, but for consoles. Something like Battle Stadium D.O.N. but with more series.

I think Dragon Ball fighting games need to rest for a few years, and that would be a perfect time for a new crossover game.
@SpaceKappa on Twitter | Xbox Live/PSN/Steam: SpaceKappa

Titan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Titan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:25 am

It exists in DBO.

Although you might think it could happen, it didn't. Deal with it
Deal with it? :lol: :lol: I'm fine with it.
You are the one who needs to deal with the concept of fiction,a concept that you seem unable to grasp.
DBO never happened too,maybe you should also deal with this FACT.
DBO is like DBGT in therms of canon.
Actually, DBO is just a videogame,on the other hand,
DBGT is anime.

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:40 am

Titan wrote:
It exists in DBO.

You are the one who needs to deal with the concept of fiction,a concept that you seem unable to grasp.
DBGT is anime.

As I see it all a majin based race on Majuub would be is the human model with majin powers and abilities. Pointless really. We might as well as make a human model with Namekian powers as well.

Titan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Titan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:47 am

Saimaroimaru wrote:
Titan wrote:
It exists in DBO.

DBGT is anime.

As I see it all a majin based race on Majuub would be is the human model with majin powers and abilities. Pointless really. We might as well as make a human model with Namekian powers as well.
First of all,in your opinion it is pointless, i disagree.
I can also say Gohan is pointless,because i only see an human model with saiyajin powers and abilities.

Let's not compare apples with oranges,Uub is not a regular human,because the last time i checked, humans don't have Kid Buu fighting potential.Plus,Uub is Kid Buu reincarnation which means Uub=Kid Buu in an human body.

Finally, nothing says Uub could not have a final new form unless all the transformations are a saiyajin exclusive.

P.S.
Just for record, i never asked anything for DBO.I could care less about DBO.

DBO is done!All my suggestions were made for a new videogame and the fact that they could explore other possibilities and races in the Dragon World or combine several aspects from different sources.

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:34 am

Titan wrote: First of all,in your opinion it is pointless, i disagree.
I can also say Gohan is pointless,because i only see an human model with saiyajin powers and abilities.

Let's not compare apples with oranges,Uub is not a regular human,because the last time i checked, humans don't have Kid Buu fighting potential.Plus,Uub is Kid Buu reincarnation which means Uub=Kid Buu in an human body.

Finally, nothing says Uub could not have a final new form unless all the transformations are a saiyajin exclusive.

P.S.

DBO is done!All my suggestions were made for a new videogame and the fact that they could explore other possibilities and races in the Dragon World or combine several aspects from different sources.

To the bolded section, no derp.

So the point in your posts were what?

Titan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Titan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:39 am

Saimaroimaru wrote:

P.S.

I already answered your question.
Last edited by Titan on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:44 am

If you folks are unwilling to converse in polite, proper, complete sentences, you are better off not posting at all. Please remember where it is you are and what you agreed to prior to registration. Account strikes will be issued if this continues, and none of us want that.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:02 pm

Titan wrote:
Saimaroimaru wrote:

P.S.

I already answered your question.
To the bolded section, no derp.
That's you.
No you merely unnecessary pointed out the obivous. No derp I know I think its pointless, that was the point of my post.

As for your reasoning, unless this is a hybrid race or something I feel a human race with tacked on Majin Buu powers are unnecessary, we are already dealing with human/saiyan hybrids in both mmo's and fighters/simulators as it is.

Titan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Titan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:13 pm

As for your reasoning, unless this is a hybrid race or something I feel a human race with tacked on Majin Buu powers are unnecessary, we are already dealing with human/saiyan hybrids in both mmo's and fighters/simulators as it is.
I understand.
I also prefer a new hybrid Majin race,but i wanted to explore all the different options.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:20 pm

Titan wrote: You are the one who needs to deal with the concept of fiction,a concept that you seem unable to grasp.
DBGT is anime.
I think you don't understand the concept of fiction quite as well as you think. The confines of fiction still have rules and events that happened in said fictional world. In DBO's history Oob never absorbed Boo, otherwise the entire Majin race couldn't have emerged. Which is what the point was to the original argument. It's ironic to think you keep using that fact that it's fictional as argument, when your original argument was that "realistically" it could happen. In the history of said game it didn't happen, and won't.

And if you didn't want anyone to comment on your thoughts on DBO then why'd you bring it up? Or at least go into such detail about it.

Titan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Titan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:06 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
Titan wrote: You are the one who needs to deal with the concept of fiction,a concept that you seem unable to grasp.
DBGT is anime.
I think you don't understand the concept of fiction quite as well as you think. The confines of fiction still have rules and events that happened in said fictional world. In DBO's history Oob never absorbed Boo, otherwise the entire Majin race couldn't have emerged. Which is what the point was to the original argument. It's ironic to think you keep using that fact that it's fictional as argument, when your original argument was that "realistically" it could happen. In the history of said game it didn't happen, and won't.
I think you misunderstood my original message and i understand quite well the concept
of fiction unlike you.

You just missed my whole point,a writer can change things in a storyline if he wants,it happens all the time in a fictional
story,and simply, i just expressed a way where everything could work,however,DBO storyline it is irrelevant for the matter,because DBO never happened in the first place.

The only relevant elements are the ones presented in the original manga.

All my suggestions were made for a new videogame and the fact that they could explore other possibilities and races in the Dragon World or combine several aspects from different sources like DBO,that's the only reason why i have spoken about DBO.
And if you didn't want anyone to comment on your thoughts on DBO then why'd you bring it up? Or at least go into such detail about it.
You missed the whole point,so your comments weren't adding anything to the conversation,plus, as everyone knows and you said it yourself DBO is done, therefore, it would be senseless to think that the story would change .

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:13 pm

I have said it in the past, I'll say it again. RPG. Hopefully like legacy of Goku but with Blue dragon graphics.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:36 pm

It needs to die. Original Dragonball games don't sell for shit, so nobody's gonna bother making them, and the DBZ fighting games are so saturated they're competing with themselves.

Chill out, let things lie quiet for a few years, come back with something put together over a longer development time.
Rukura wrote:they can't keep pushing out crappy ones.
also Hyper Dimension.
Does not compute.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:44 pm

Titan wrote:I think you misunderstood my original message and i understand quite well the concept
of fiction unlike you.

You just missed my whole point,a writer can change things in a storyline if he wants,it happens all the time in a fictional
story,and simply, i just expressed a way where everything could work,however,DBO storyline it is irrelevant for the matter,because DBO never happened in the first place.
Where did I ever give the impression that I didn't know that you can change things on a whim to try to make sense of something. I've seen retconning in all kinds of crappy works.

In DBO, GT never happened therefore that particular Oob doesn't exist, which is what I was discussing.

Also, who's "he"?
Titan wrote:The only relevant elements are the ones presented in the original manga.
In which Oob didn't absorb Boo and did not learn the extent of what abilities he would gain or even could.
Titan wrote:All my suggestions were made for a new videogame and the fact that they could explore other possibilities and races in the Dragon World or combine several aspects from different sources like DBO,that's the only reason why i have spoken about DBO.

You missed the whole point,so your comments weren't adding anything to the conversation,plus, as everyone knows and you said it yourself DBO is done, therefore, it would be senseless to think that the story would change .
The whole point was that it couldn't work in the context of DBO. Which was TheDevilsCorpse's original point. Also, could you try to be nicer the next time you dismiss someone's comments? Thanks.

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:21 pm

Rocketman wrote:It needs to die. Original Dragonball games don't sell for shit, so nobody's gonna bother making them, and the DBZ fighting games are so saturated they're competing with themselves.

Chill out, let things lie quiet for a few years, come back with something put together over a longer development time.
Gotta agree with this.

I think that, if they developed a game over a few years rather than just one, we might get the Dragon Ball franchise's equivalent of War for Cybertron: a fun, beautiful game with generally engaging gameplay and story (even if certain areas of the gameplay are somewhat lacking) that catapults the series back into the limelight after several years of sub-par games.

In fact, I'd actually like a game that doesn't completely correspond to any single genre. Maybe something that teaches you to play as you play, kinda like Star Wars: Battlefront II, rather than having outright tutorials.

Say, you start out as Goku, and he's the only unlocked character. The Pilaf arc would progress as so:

(Playable characters- Goku, Bulma, Oolong, Yamcha)(Player would start as Goku the first time around, period. Would also start with Four-Star Ball.)

Stage One- Dragon World (gives basic movement tutorial for navigating the world; unlocks Bulma and Dragon Radar for story mode)
Stage Two- Goku vs. Bear Thief (fighting tutorial; unlocks Bear Thief for duel mode)
Stage Three- Goku vs. Oolong
Stage Four- Oolong Chase (gives a basic tutorial for flying using the Kinto'un; unlocks Oolong for story, duel mode)
Stage Five- Goku vs. Yamcha (gives basic weapons tutorial; unlocks Yamcha for story, duel mode)
Stage Six- Goku vs. Gyumao
Stage Seven- Find Kame-Sen'nin (timed race to locate the Turtle House in the world map; unlocks Kame-Sen'nin for story, duel mode)
Stage Eight- Dragon Ball Hunting (simply find the Dragon Ball in the ruins of Gyumao's castle; unlocks one random Dragon Ball)
Stage Nine- Goku and Yamcha vs. Monster Carrot/Boss Rabbit/whoever (basic tutorial for tag-team battles)
Stage Ten- Goku's Kamehameha (a quick, basic tutorial level on how to use ki)
Stage Eleven- Yamcha vs. Goku (Oozaru) (gives a boss tutorial)

Between the stages, you would have the opportunity to collect capsules, which can be equipped to different characters to use in fights, and even look for Dragon Balls using the Dragon Radar.

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:20 am

Rocketman wrote:
Rukura wrote:they can't keep pushing out crappy ones.
also Hyper Dimension.
Does not compute.
I see what ya did there lol. Nah, I think that with the clunky controls touched up you have a half-way decent game there. Even with the clunky controls, it's still fun to play for me.(...The air combat and Buu fight do not exist to me)

And kinda adding to your "let it die" statement, maybe not letting them die but I'd rather they re-release all the old games for a while and just have them translated and brought over than just getting new ones that cost more and I'll play less of.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

Titan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Titan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:22 am

In DBO, GT never happened therefore that particular Oob doesn't exist, which is what I was discussing.
You are talking about apples and i'm talking about oranges.
In which Oob didn't absorb Boo and did not learn the extent of what abilities he would gain or even could.
What happened to Uub in DBO?
Furthermore,you keep repeating the same misleading point over and over again.
I only provided a scenario (that partially already exists in DBGT) in a way to develop Uub.

In my first message, i said DB online took a good step in exploring other DB races,however,i think other races and characters were forgotten.
That's my whole point.

This thread is about giving a new direction to the NEW DBZ games and i said DBO did a good job in developing other races,but not all of them.

Then, i said what they should improve to make a new videogame better and that includes
in the vein of DBO to explore better Uub and his Majin traits and other races as well.

Now,you think that i don't have the right to voice my opinion about it,because DBO is already done.

Following your logic, any kind of critic is irrelevant after the story is done.

Maybe we shouldn't be here talking about DBZ,because the story is already finished.
The whole point was that it couldn't work in the context of DBO. Which was TheDevilsCorpse's original point.
No,it wasn't.The whole point was about using DBO approach to do better than them in a new game.

And it could work if they wanted to explore Uub,but they didn't and they are not interested to do it,that's why i'm bringing the subject to be explored in another game.

Finally,"TheDevilsCorpse" point was that Uub was just a regular human without Majin traits
and therefore,there is no reason to develop him as a Majin or as part of a new hybrid race.
Now,i explained that Uub wasn't a regular human by X reasons and that they could have
developed him if they wanted,but they didn't and EVERYONE knows that.

"TheDevilsCorpse" believes they did well and i disagree.
What's the problem?
Also, could you try to be nicer the next time you dismiss someone's comments? Thanks.
I'm sorry if i sounded rude,but you were the one saying that i can't voice my opinion,because the story is already done.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:32 am

I'd like to see Zenkai Battle Royale get a home release next year, but if it(or whatever other big game "Dragon Ball Game Project Age 2012" is) doesn't do well, I think they should do, what Rocketman wrote.

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:10 am

I want a port of Dragon Ball Heroes. To be honest we meed some creativity but Rocketman has a point, the dbz market is so saturated right now that it is fighting itself.