How Much Would This All Be Worth?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Wibbs
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: How Much Would This All Be Worth?

Post by Wibbs » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:54 pm

thatdbzguy wrote:
Fizzer wrote: I respect you, your opinions and your decisions. You do whatever you want to do, it's your business and not mine or anyone else's, but I think it would be an unspeakable shame for you to throw away who you are.
Trust me, nobody would miss anything about who I am if I do end up throwing away my real self.

i don't want to talk to a therapist about this. I'd just be wasting time that he/she could be using helping out other people with legitimate issues.
This is a legitimate issue, you've got some seriously worrying self confidence issues man. I don't dislike you, nobody here does, but you make it difficult for us to get through to you.
Thanks to SSJ God Gogeta for the avatar.

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:58 pm

thatdbzguy wrote:
Fizzer wrote: I respect you, your opinions and your decisions. You do whatever you want to do, it's your business and not mine or anyone else's, but I think it would be an unspeakable shame for you to throw away who you are.
Trust me, nobody would miss anything about who I am if I do end up throwing away my real self.

I don't want to talk to a therapist about this. I'd just be wasting time that he/she could be using helping out other people with legitimate issues.
This is exactly what I was saying though. Loads of people who have issues like this tell themselves that their problem isn't bad enough for anyone to worry about or they're not worth it.

It sounds like you need to replace the people you're surrounded by, not replace yourself.

thatdbzguy
Banned

Post by thatdbzguy » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:59 pm

Wibbs wrote: I don't dislike you, nobody here does
Oh, I bet I could name a few who do.
Khalid Shahin wrote:
Dragon Soul Funimation Lyrics wrote:Nothing ever dies; we will rise again!
Yeah, pretty much sums the show up right there.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:00 pm

Getting rid of anime DVDs for trauma? No offense, but in all seriousness, I'm a little worried about your mental condition, thatdbzguy.

thatdbzguy
Banned

Post by thatdbzguy » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:02 pm

Fizzer wrote:
thatdbzguy wrote:

I don't want to talk to a therapist about this. I'd just be wasting time that he/she could be using helping out other people with legitimate issues.
This is exactly what I was saying though. Loads of people who have issues like this tell themselves that their problem isn't bad enough for anyone to worry about or they're not worth it.

It sounds like you need to replace the people you're surrounded by, not replace yourself.
I'm not surrounded by anyone. I have almost no friends, and me and my family don't like to talk to each other. Which doesn't bother me honestly, because I prefer being a loner.
Khalid Shahin wrote:

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:02 pm

I'm no psychiatric expert but if anything you seem to have such low self esteem to the point where it's starting to look like an inferiority complex.

thatdbzguy
Banned

Post by thatdbzguy » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:03 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
thatdbzguy wrote:

i don't want to talk to a therapist about this. I'd just be wasting time that he/she could be using helping out other people with legitimate issues.
Your real self? So you're not going to be yourself...you're going to be a phony? I think that's worst than anything.
If I come to respect myself more as a phony than as "the real me", than that doesn't seem so bad in my eyes.
Khalid Shahin wrote:

Wibbs
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Wibbs » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:04 pm

thatdbzguy wrote: I'm not surrounded by anyone. I have almost no friends, and me and my family don't like to talk to each other. Which doesn't bother me honestly, because I prefer being a loner.
Then you should try to be a little less dismissive to the people who do want to talk to you, you may even make a friend or two.

thatdbzguy
Banned

Post by thatdbzguy » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:06 pm

Wibbs wrote:
thatdbzguy wrote: I'm not surrounded by anyone. I have almost no friends, and me and my family don't like to talk to each other. Which doesn't bother me honestly, because I prefer being a loner.
Then you should try to be a little less dismissive to the people who do want to talk to you, you may even make a friend or two.
No thanks. I don't want friends, I just want to be a happy loner.
Khalid Shahin wrote:

SSJ3_Zack
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ3_Zack » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:08 pm

I wouldn't sell your stuff. Like everyone says box them up and take a break from the franchise. I got bullied mercilessly for liking DragonBall Z back in secondary school and I fell out of love for the franchise because of it. But a few years later I got back into the franchise and have always regretted throwing away all my old DragonBall stuff.

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:08 pm

thatdbzguy wrote:
Wibbs wrote:
But you don't seem happy at all.

Wibbs
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Wibbs » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:08 pm

thatdbzguy wrote:
Wibbs wrote:
They why bother starting all these controversial threads when you know full well that people are going to want to debate with you about them.

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:09 pm

It makes me think of an inferiority complex too.

It's looking like you're the only person who can't see that you're worth helping. If you talked to a therapist for half an hour they would *not* think you were wasting their time. We're all saying this because we want to look out for you. A mental issue (for example, an inferiority complex) changes your entire world, because you perceive the entire world via your brain, so the whole of your existence is affected. That is important, you deserve to enjoy your life without obsessive anxiety.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:14 pm

thatdbzguy wrote:
Weejus wrote:I say keep them, but put them away. I would never ever get rid of a DBox. Anyway, please tell me, why are you so ashamed?
Because most people think DBZ is crap? Because everything I loved about the series has been ripped apart by everyone? Because I can never view DBZ the same way ever again? The list goes on and on.
I'm actually curious who these people/groups are? I haven't seen 1 time anyone on here say that DBZ is crap. so point them out to us? I honestly think sometimes you're trolling.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:15 pm

thatdbzguy wrote:
Wibbs wrote:
Dude If you need someone to talk too(Ya know...A friend) then I'm here a-lot.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:17 pm

Hate to butt in, but everyone needs friends. You could consider me a loner. I always played by myself, all that stuff. But still through all that, I had friends. Sure there's a difference between school/work "friends" and true friends, but even if you have 1 or 2 decent people, you'll be a lot happier. (I know from experience.) I went through a lot of tough times in my life, and my friends (and DB/DBZ honestly) were the ones that truly helped.

Okay I'm done being deep.

falle
Not-So-Newbie

Post by falle » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:20 pm

samuraix123 wrote:
thatdbzguy wrote:
Weejus wrote:I say keep them, but put them away. I would never ever get rid of a DBox. Anyway, please tell me, why are you so ashamed?
Because most people think DBZ is crap? Because everything I loved about the series has been ripped apart by everyone? Because I can never view DBZ the same way ever again? The list goes on and on.
I'm actually curious who these people/groups are? I haven't seen 1 time anyone on here say that DBZ is crap. so point them out to us? I honestly think sometimes you're trolling.
He probably means other anime series/general anime communities. I feel like there's a general dislike for DBZ as well, because it may seem like such an easy entry level anime. But after 508 episodes and more than 25 movies and specials, there's hardly any easiness about it. And come one, there's fighting, blood, swearing and what-not. Does Pokémon have that? ;)

Like or love DBZ for what it is. It's not life defying, unless you make it.
Yes - nu med Level 1.1 !

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:25 pm

Sorry for making a 3rd post but I just want to say this thatdbzguy if you have something going on and you need to talk to anyone come talk to me. believe me there's nothing going on in your life that I couldn't understand.(This is me sharing too much of my life that I really shouldn't) My dad use to come home drunk or high and he would try to beat on my mom and I'd have to fist fight with him all the time. you know what it's like getting slapped in the face with a mining belt? every night I use to love watching Dragonball Z on Toonami and I always wished I had a friend like Goku that would stand up and protect me and my mother. I wanted a friend. believe me, you do too! you're just too stubborn to admit it. I'm not getting into anymore of my life that you won't believe anyways but I will talk with you if you need too talk.
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:32 pm

I'm going to be blunt here, thatdbzguy, because being blunt is sometimes necessary.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Stop giving a shit about what other people think of you or the things which you, despite your best efforts to convince yourself and others to the contrary, obviously find enjoyment in. If there's some underlying bigger reason for your negative behavior here, then there's really no deeper advice we can give you. You'll have to figure that one out yourself.

But what I CAN say from experience is that you don't want to just cast these things away. Dragon Ball is NOT the source of your unhappiness. It CAN'T be, because it's just a goofy, irreverent action comic/cartoon. Dragon Ball has become the outlet for your depression or problem, not the cause of it. There is no shame or pain in enjoying Dragon Ball for what it is, whether your enjoyment of it is superficial or something more dedicated. But if you get rid of all your Dragon Ball stuff (and that's quite an admirable collection — very few fans actually own a set of replica Dragon Balls), you'll definitely regret it. You never fully appreciate what you've got until it's gone.

So I'm going to repeat some of the advice I've seen from others in this thread. DON'T get rid of your Dragon Ball stuff. DO pack it all up, put it somewhere safe, and take a break from the fandom. Then later on, when you've figured out whatever it is you've got going on, return to it.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:37 pm

thatdbzguy wrote: If I come to respect myself more as a phony than as "the real me", than that doesn't seem so bad in my eyes.
That's...horrible. You can't respect who you are so you pretend to be something that you're not. That's just horrible. A phony life isn't good. The fact that you like yourself better as a phony than being yourself is honestly sad...