Episode #0021 (09 April 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Goten88gt

Post by Goten88gt » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:14 pm

This episode had a lot of explanations, I absolutely loved it. I am going to save this video as my most favorite, because you guys explain what some japanese phrases and words mean. It is actually funny, that Julian is 21, so is the episode, that is the age of legal drinking, and it is my favorite episode out of all of them. :D

I too heard Tara, I agree you should let us hear her meow. I have a cat too, she is very friendly. One question, you keep the cats in a room, because you don't want them to walk all over the keyboards and microphone right?

I would love to hear more of you guys reading from the Journey to the West. I am trying to locate a copy that is cheap enough. Oh and would you bring back 20 questions please?

I disagree with one of Meri's top 5 worse haircuts. Now I don't disagree with all of them, I just think she forgot about Yamucha at the end of DBZ. Yamucha has had either long hair, or spikey hair. I just don't like how his hair is designed at the end of DBZ. Though he still has long hair, it is just pulled back to sleek.

Well I think I am done, all together you guys did a terrific episode.

People: WE WANT MEOWS FROM CATS!!!
Japanese: イタズラ好きな 君が 夢を競う ライバルになるのさ

Romanized: Itazura-zuki na kimi ga Yume o kisou raibaru ni naru no sa

English: You, who love mischief, Will become a rival competing for your dream!

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:02 pm

Whoops, I totally forgot about that hairdo! I guess it's because it makes such a brief appearance that I just didn't remember it. It is kinda lousy, though. :)

Tara's pretty vocal, so maybe we can get her to meow next episode. :D We usually DO put the cats in the bedroom while we record the podcast. However, on this day, they were all nice and sleeping and quiet for most of it. At some point, they woke up during the recording, and we didn't bother to move them. Our bad!

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:55 pm

Meri wrote:Our bad!
I can't speak for everyone else on the subject matter, but as a cat owner myself, I find no fault, but I do find it quite entertaining that the show had the bell noises going in and out every once in awhile. If she had been more frisky, we could have heared the bells during the segment of Journey to the west, and from where I am sitting, that would have been quite enjoyable.

I s'pose I am just a silly guy, but oh well. 8)

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:19 pm

I don't think anybody's going to throw a fit because some cats went traipsing through the recording room. I think it's adorable.

You know, I've been telling Daizex-ers to read Death Note since chapter five. In the IRC channel. Maybe they'll listen to you. :P

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:20 pm

Haha, all that time I thought it was something outside making that bell-ringing noise. I'm so stupid for not paying attention or recalling the note that it was the cat.
Anyways that was a fun podcast. I enjoyed the hair countdown and I agree vehemently on how terrible Vegeta's "moo-stache" looked on him.

Hooray for information that there is a fifth Yotsuba& book!
I'm still waiting for adv to translate volume four. Anyone know when that one comes out, as their website is very out of date.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:32 pm

When I heard the cat bell in the background I just pictured Neko Majin poking around your house. No clue guys. No clue.

Goten88gt

Post by Goten88gt » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:56 pm

Its ok Meri, thats what the forums are for. We can remind you guys of some tidbits you forgot to mention in the podcasts. I thank you guys for giving out all the Dragon Ball information on this site. It has really helped me understand the Dragon Ball universe more. :D

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:58 pm

Goten88gt wrote:Its ok Meri, thats what the forums are for. We can remind you guys of some tidbits you forgot to mention in the podcasts. I thank you guys for giving out all the Dragon Ball information on this site. It has really helped me understand the Dragon Ball universe more. :D
And you really still need to fix the English translation of your quote, because it's for a completely different line.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Goten88gt

Post by Goten88gt » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:43 am

Oh, I didn't know, thank you Julian. :D

*Yeah I just went back into the lyrics page and just realized my mistake, wow I'm glad you noticed!*