Western reactions to Super (Dub version) Funimation UGH!!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheMikado
I Live Here

Re: Western reactions to Super (Dub version) Funimation UGH!!

Post by TheMikado » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:02 pm

dragonballgeek wrote:
I can't stand people who complain about the English dub of dragon ball. I have no idea why you all have such a condescending attitude towards it like you're better than everyone else because you prefer the English voices over Japanese?
Seriously... I prefer the dub of Z, the problem is the dub of Super is atrocious. I can enjoy either of them, the problem I am stating is that the Super dub made Goku dumber than the Japanese version. It has nothing to do with voice preference and its more jarring coming from "Superman" Goku to "Superdumb" Goku. I'm actually complimenting the Japanese version on keeping the consistency more in line with each other, (while I dont agree with it), and people still don't like that opinion.

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan_black » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:02 pm

goku is just like toiryama intented him to be and I'm sorry thats making you a cry baby you want dragon ball to be a carbon copy of the marvel and dc universes. I'm sorry that fumination decided to stick to the original script and idea of toriyama. maybe you need to go way back to dragon ball original japanese version and see roshi stating it in the 3rd world tournament. ''goku would risk everything to fight strong guys'' roshi said it back on dragon ball. 1987 was the year i believe. why is that making you so butthurt? dragon ball is an anime and anime is different from cartoons. want super heros? go watch superman and spiderman. fumination doint a great work of fixing their mistakes from the past. they finally getting it right. all the episodes meanwhile sticked to the script. I'm sorry that you hate it. i bet you still dream about that cringe worthy speech (''I'm the light in darkness bla bla bla i am truth'')

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:05 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
TheMikado wrote:So no one feels that Goku not knowing that a million is more than a thousand is incredibly regressive and awful?? Or that Goku apparently lacks the intelligence to construct coherent sentences??

This is worse than the original Z funimation dub and everyone is just cool with that?
Lmao you are not serious are you? Wait you really are.... Yeah FUNi changed Goku's character dramatically ie I am speech but them making an innocuous line even more innocuous shame on them! This is a non comparison and the fact the you are calling it worse makes it pretty hard to take your stances on Super seriously when it you are obviously scratching at the bottom of the barrel to have things to complain about. Not mention how is Goku regressed by this at all? He wasn't exactly teaching A+ students mathematics in Dragon Ball Z now was he? And Goku obviously can construct sentences he was under pressure to talk formally and messed up, simple as that. Yet you over analysing this.
The probably is the direct comparison of the sub vs the dub. The intention was never to show Goku at this level of ineptitude. That's the point. This are EXAMPLES of the overarching way he is being portrayed. They are not the ONLY. I'm simply pointing out the most obvious where a change from the original Japanese portrayal was unnecessary. We complain about Goku's Frieza speech all the time as an example of a messed up dub, but he wasn't running these speeches constantly. This is different because Goku, in voice, tone, and inflection and with their choice of dubbing is being played up to be a stooge on a consistent basis. Again I implore people to watch the Toonami dubbed shows, it quickly becomes a pattern in the dub version.
Again they are making an innocuous line even more innocuous they are not changing anything, the original intent was to play off Goku's dumbness and that is exactly what the dub did aswell, nothing major has changed at all. You are severely overreacting. To the point nobody replied and you had to respond with this message.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:06 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
Again, I stated the original Japanese version makes sense because I expect Goku to have trouble with math.
Japanese=
"How many 100,000s are in 100 million"
English =
"How much is 100 million, is that more than 100,000? "

This isn't about being able to do division or basic math. There is no excuse for Goku to not know 1,000 is more than 1 million. He went through the whole battle on Namek thing where all they talked about were power levels. My point is a 5 year old knows that 1 million is more that 1,000 without being able to do addition and subtraction.
No, Vegeta and Frieza's forces were talking about it not Goku or any of the earthlings. Besides Bulma, our earth born heroes have never once talked about power levels in a numerical sense. When people have talked about it in-front of Goku, they just confirm things he can sense anyway, so he's capable of understanding them saying "he's more powerful then Nappa/Ginyu" without actually needing to do any math work himself.
In either case the Japanese version not only understands that a thousand is less than a million, but apparently understands its a fraction of it and understands the concept of division by extension. Its not an issue of whether he can do math, its whether he possesses the knowledge of a 5 year old or not.
Why have you gont right back round to the very first thing I said, which was a build up to an explanation of why Goku dose not have the same maths skills you or I have?

This "whether he possesses the knowledge of a 5 year old or not" has nothing to do with what I say as a whole.

And this "whether he can do math" has everything to do with it.

If the character you are talking about has had a poor exaction and their lifestyle is not conducive, the fact they might struggle with math dose not require much logic to understand and accept.

Also this "apparently understands its a fraction" is it really beyond logic that Goku can understand fractions because it CAN be applied to how he senses ki and understand ki. It's something Goku uses and would have cause to remember. Plus its normally explained to children using cups of water, a thing Goku can mentally associate when sensing peoples power.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:07 pm

gohan_black wrote:goku is just like toiryama intented him to be and I'm sorry thats making you a cry baby you want dragon ball to be a carbon copy of the marvel and dc universes. I'm sorry that fumination decided to stick to the original script and idea of toriyama. maybe you need to go way back to dragon ball original japanese version and see roshi stating it in the 3rd world tournament. ''goku would risk everything to fight strong guys'' roshi said it back on dragon ball. 1987 was the year i believe. why is that making you so butthurt? dragon ball is an anime and anime is different from cartoons. want super heros? go watch superman and spiderman. fumination doint a great work of fixing their mistakes from the past. they finally getting it right. all the episodes meanwhile sticked to the script. I'm sorry that you hate it. i bet you still dream about that cringe worthy speech (''I'm the light in darkness bla bla bla i am truth'')
Did you bother to read where I explain how funimation changed the original intent of line in japanese to imply something different? Or are you incapable of such feats. This has nothing to do with anything other than then translating Super to make Goku more idiotic than the original Japanese script of Super. You're not even bothering to try to read a darn thing. I literally when and reviewed scenes line-by-line to have something of substance to contribute to the conversation because if I'm going to start a topic about something I will at least do the research first, but no. You cant even bother to read the OP before posting. No one set anything about hating anything. The English dub makes Goku MORE of an idiot. That's my gripe.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:10 pm

TheMikado wrote:
gohan_black wrote:goku is just like toiryama intented him to be and I'm sorry thats making you a cry baby you want dragon ball to be a carbon copy of the marvel and dc universes. I'm sorry that fumination decided to stick to the original script and idea of toriyama. maybe you need to go way back to dragon ball original japanese version and see roshi stating it in the 3rd world tournament. ''goku would risk everything to fight strong guys'' roshi said it back on dragon ball. 1987 was the year i believe. why is that making you so butthurt? dragon ball is an anime and anime is different from cartoons. want super heros? go watch superman and spiderman. fumination doint a great work of fixing their mistakes from the past. they finally getting it right. all the episodes meanwhile sticked to the script. I'm sorry that you hate it. i bet you still dream about that cringe worthy speech (''I'm the light in darkness bla bla bla i am truth'')

Did you bother to read where I explain how funimation changed the original intent of line in japanese to imply something different?
Or are you incapable of such feats. This has nothing to do with anything other than then translating Super to make Goku more idiotic than the original Japanese script of Super. You're not even bothering to try to read a darn thing. I literally when and reviewed scenes line-by-line to have something of substance to contribute to the conversation because if I'm going to start a topic about something I will at least do the research first, but no. You cant even bother to read the OP before posting. No one set anything about hating anything. The English dub makes Goku MORE of an idiot. That's my gripe.
They did no such thing, both scenes play out EXACTLY the same, no intents were changed. Seriously this is going no where the fact you only feel this way says it all really.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:15 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Lmao you are not serious are you? Wait you really are.... Yeah FUNi changed Goku's character dramatically ie I am speech but them making an innocuous line even more innocuous shame on them! This is a non comparison and the fact the you are calling it worse makes it pretty hard to take your stances on Super seriously when it you are obviously scratching at the bottom of the barrel to have things to complain about. Not mention how is Goku regressed by this at all? He wasn't exactly teaching A+ students mathematics in Dragon Ball Z now was he? And Goku obviously can construct sentences he was under pressure to talk formally and messed up, simple as that. Yet you over analysing this.
The probably is the direct comparison of the sub vs the dub. The intention was never to show Goku at this level of ineptitude. That's the point. This are EXAMPLES of the overarching way he is being portrayed. They are not the ONLY. I'm simply pointing out the most obvious where a change from the original Japanese portrayal was unnecessary. We complain about Goku's Frieza speech all the time as an example of a messed up dub, but he wasn't running these speeches constantly. This is different because Goku, in voice, tone, and inflection and with their choice of dubbing is being played up to be a stooge on a consistent basis. Again I implore people to watch the Toonami dubbed shows, it quickly becomes a pattern in the dub version.
Again they are making an innocuous line even more innocuous they are not changing anything, the original intent was to play off Goku's dumbness and that is exactly what the dub did aswell, nothing major has changed at all. You are severely overreacting. To the point nobody replied and you had to respond with this message.
Why are you focusing on the LINE. That was never the point. The line is an example. Again quit focusing on the line. The changes are made throughout the episodes. If it was one line, this thread wouldn't exist. The point is the translations seem to have the intent of making Goku look like an idiot, moreso than was the original intention. You cant dismiss this without looking at the context of all the examples and to do that your would need to watch all the dubs available which apparently few here have watched both the subs and dubs to directly compare.
Why have you gont right back round to the very first thing I said, which was a build up to an explanation of why Goku dose not have the same maths skills you or I have?

This "whether he possesses the knowledge of a 5 year old or not" has nothing to do with what I say as a whole.

If the character you are talking about has had a poor exaction and their lifestyle is not conducive, the fact they might struggle with math dose not require much logic to understand and accept.

Also this "apparently understands its a fraction" is it really beyond logic that Goku can understand fractions because it CAN be applied to how he senses ki and understand ki. It's something Goku uses and would have cause to remember. Plus its normally explained to children using cups of water, a thing Goku can mentally associate when sensing peoples power.
I don't know what to say. If you don't know why Goku asking which is more, 100,000 or 1,000,000 is a different concept than asking how many times something divides into another thing, I don't know what to say.
In the Japanese version he shows a basic understanding that one number is larger than another. In the English version he lacks this basic understanding and concept. Period. Again small by itself, but the problem is this is not the only of its type or kind. Its just really an easy example to use where the dubbed it to change the meaning and implications unnecessarily. That's all. I don't see how you can defend it. I admitted in the original post its not a big deal by itself. But its not a by itself and isolated as a single statement. That's the point.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:19 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Why are you focusing on the LINE. That was never the point. The line is an example. Again quit focusing on the line. The changes are made throughout the episodes. If it was one line, this thread wouldn't exist. The point is the translations seem to have the intent of making Goku look like an idiot, moreso than was the original intention. You cant dismiss this without looking at the context of all the examples and to do that your would need to watch all the dubs available which apparently few here have watched both the subs and dubs to directly compare.
To be fair you said in the original post that this was going to be a review of the dub and in another post you said you went over it line by line. But you kind of just harped on two moments.

Thats why people are focusing on those jokes because they were what you made a big deal out of.
Last edited by Boo Machine on Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan_black » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:21 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Did you bother to read where I explain how funimation changed the original intent of line in japanese to imply something different? Or are you incapable of such feats. This has nothing to do with anything other than then translating Super to make Goku more idiotic than the original Japanese script of Super. You're not even bothering to try to read a darn thing. I literally when and reviewed scenes line-by-line to have something of substance to contribute to the conversation because if I'm going to start a topic about something I will at least do the research first, but no. You cant even bother to read the OP before posting. No one set anything about hating anything. The English dub makes Goku MORE of an idiot. That's my gripe.
the current english version of super does NOT making goku more an idiot. goku is an idiot. a really big huge idiot in the japanese version of super. so you forgot the trunks kiss remark. how the gullible hick cant make 1+1 by himeself to realize monaka was a fraud. you CANT. be more idiotic then nozawa goku in super. fumination dident made him more they made him exactly like he suppose too. goku only smart when it comes to fighting. thats it. and i did read your entire thread. you bitch about a super minor translation change who dosent even matter. fumination doing the best they can right now. thats it. you seem to love dbz goku and cant let it go

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:22 pm

Boo Machine wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
To be fair you said in the original post that this was going to be a review of the dub and in another post you said you went over it line by line. But you kind of just harped on two moments.

That why people are focusing on those jokes because they were what you made a big deal out of.
Fair enough, I should say I went over those two specific scenes line by line for comparison purposes.
If I need to make a more comprehensive list I can, but not really worth the effort.
I think just watching an episode or two would make it obvious enough to most people, but yes I will get one or two more examples to be fair.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:23 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
TheMikado wrote:

I don't know what to say. If you don't know why Goku asking which is more, 100,000 or 1,000,000 is a different concept than asking how many times something divides into another thing, I don't know what to say.
In the Japanese version he shows a basic understanding that one number is larger than another. In the English version he lacks this basic understanding and concept. Period. Again small by itself, but the problem is this is not the only of its type or kind. Its just really an easy example to use where the dubbed it to change the meaning and implications unnecessarily. That's all. I don't see how you can defend it. I admitted in the original post its not a big deal by itself. But its not a by itself and isolated as a single statement. That's the point.
Its simple to understand...BECAUSE GOKU NEVER USES NUMBERS THAT HIGH! It like someone who's only ever been taugh to count 20 not understanding whats higher 100 or 1000?

If none has ever taught them what those words mean and which is bigger then the other they will have no consput of them.

Thats really how simple it is. The words mean literally nothing if you dont understand the build up to them. Maths and Numbers mean nothing unless your taught how they work.

Whats so hard to understand?
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:25 pm

gohan_black wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
the current english version of super does NOT making goku more an idiot. goku is an idiot. a really big huge idiot in the japanese version of super. so you forgot the trunks kiss remark. how the gullible hick cant make 1+1 by himeself to realize monaka was a fraud. you CANT. be more idiotic then nozawa goku in super. fumination dident made him more they made him exactly like he suppose too. goku only smart when it comes to fighting. thats it. and i did read your entire thread. you bitch about a super minor translation change who dosent even matter. fumination doing the best they can right now. thats it. you seem to love dbz goku and cant let it go
umm. Ok you win sir. Your impeccable mountains of evidence, particularly where you state your read the entire thread you seem to imply I forgot about the Trunks kiss remark when I do reference it in a post. Look, I've got nothing for you. The translation has a different implication for Goku's intelligence levels. If you don't think it does. Fine. Fair enough.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:34 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Again they are making an innocuous line even more innocuous they are not changing anything, the original intent was to play off Goku's dumbness and that is exactly what the dub did aswell, nothing major has changed at all. You are severely overreacting. To the point nobody replied and you had to respond with this message.

Its simple to understand...BECAUSE GOKU NEVER USES NUMBERS THAT HIGH! It like someone who's only ever been taugh to count 20 not understanding whats higher 100 or 1000?

If none has ever taught them what those words mean and which is bigger then the other they will have no consput of them.

Thats really how simple it is. The words mean literally nothing if you dont understand the build up to them. Maths and Numbers mean nothing unless your taught how they work.

Whats so hard to understand?

If the argument is going to be Goku not having a concept of how many 1 million is or 100,000 is fine.
But then you have to explain to me how he understands what 1 million KM is when he ran snake way, but seems to suddenly have forgotten what 1 million is in Super... Acting like Goku should have no concept of these numbers is bizarre when he's had first hand experience with it. The joke itself isnt worth arguing over. The point I was making it that the translations make him look like a far bigger idiot than he was in the Japanese version. He KNOWS about the number 1 million, he's experienced it in the past.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:38 pm

TheMikado wrote:
If the argument is going to be Goku not having a concept of how many 1 million is or 100,000 is fine.
But then you have to explain to me how he understands what 1 million KM is when he ran snake way, but seems to suddenly have forgotten what 1 million is in Super... Acting like Goku should have no concept of these numbers is bizarre when he's had first hand experience with it. The joke itself isnt worth arguing over. The point I was making it that the translations make him look like a far bigger idiot than he was in the Japanese version. He KNOWS about the number 1 million, he's experienced it in the past.
Ok its my turn to say....oh

I think I might have misread some of your points here. Sorry..boy this got way of the beaten track

Your right he should know that. You got me there. :thumbup:

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:46 pm

The joke is minor, my only complaint is that even normal interactions are being made into him being a stooge. Like I said the original question in Japanese was fine. I'd expect that from Goku, he's no math whiz. The changes take the "dumb" Goku characteristics too far. Farther than intended.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:50 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Last time I checked Goku was a child raised in the woods who spent a an undefined amount of that time alone. While he he was clearly taught the basics, he has no formal education.

When we met him he got his own age wrong, hand no concept of technology or currency and barely even knew what a female was. So despite Goku's genius is martial arts their is more then enough evidence to show that, even from the start, Goku's basic knowledge is very lacking in many aspects for a child of his age.

While Roshi did improve on Goku's education during his training, 8 months in not enough time to make up for the years he lost. This is not the only problem. Goku spent the majority of his childhood ruffing it for the most part. The longest time he ever stayed in one place before getting married was the 3 years at Kami's. Since he's been constantly on the move, he's had no real time to settle down and really learn many of the things you and I have rammed into our heads at a young age. Even when he settle down its clear the person who handled all the finances was Chi-Chi and he has never down any real work until after his battle with Buu.

Through out his entire life Goku has never needed more then basic mathematics to get by and even someone did try to get him to learn, his lifestyle is not conducive to helping him retain that information for any length of time and he would soon forget it. It also dose not help that the subject would likely bore him to tears.

So all in all I find your complaint about Goku having trouble with math most people find easy nonsensical because Goku is not most people.
Again, I stated the original Japanese version makes sense because I expect Goku to have trouble with math.
Japanese=
"How many 100,000s are in 100 million"
English =
"How much is 100 million, is that more than 100,000? "

This isn't about being able to do division or basic math. There is no excuse for Goku to not know 1,000 is more than 1 million. He went through the whole battle on Namek thing where all they talked about were power levels. My point is a 5 year old knows that 1 million is more that 1,000 without being able to do addition and subtraction.
Do you have no concept of lip flaps? ADR script writers will need to reword what was said in the Japanese version in order for it to fit the lip flaps of the character when dubbed into English. That's why some things are changed, they are accurately dubbing the show
Understandable, by its more than that because they are consistently dumbing him down in other ways as well.
I've seen both. Sure the dub makes it a bit dumber, but it's such a small change to such a small joke that, like I said, I'm surprised anyone gave it any thought.
I keep stating this. It's not this one joke. Period. I watched all episodes and they have him repeatedly making statements like this. If it was one, it would be ignored, if it was for lip flaps, it would be ignored. My point is, they are actively making Goku even less intelligent than his Japanese sub self. Its not one episode, one sentence, one line. Its consistent over the episodes released so far. I stated it before. The japanese versions of those scenes are fine, my issue is taking the liberty with the dub to actually make Goku appear even less intelligent.
I totally disagree. Goku has literally done nothing but train and survive his entire life. He has absolutely no use for large numbers. The voice of Sean Schemmel alone makes him sound 100000x more intelligent lol regardless of what he says.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:54 pm

1 million km snake way. Goku certainly knew that was way bigger than 1000.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:00 pm

Goku was barely educated. He knows extremely simple math but not knowing the difference between 100k and a million really isn't that surprising. When would he ever need to use that in his daily life ? I think people have gotten to the point where they just hate whenever Goku is portrayed as even a tiny bit stupid.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:06 pm

kinisking wrote:Goku was barely educated. He knows extremely simple math but not knowing the difference between 100k and a million really isn't that surprising. When would he ever need to use that in his daily life ? I think people have gotten to the point where they just hate whenever Goku is portrayed as even a tiny bit stupid.
Goku has ran 1 million km snake way.
He's gotten a spirit bombs from millions and billions of life forms and acknowledges this. He has had personal experience with very large numbers. That's the problem. Goku knows 1 million is way more than 1000. He's demonstrated it.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:14 pm

TheMikado wrote:
kinisking wrote:Goku was barely educated. He knows extremely simple math but not knowing the difference between 100k and a million really isn't that surprising. When would he ever need to use that in his daily life ? I think people have gotten to the point where they just hate whenever Goku is portrayed as even a tiny bit stupid.
Goku has ran 1 million km snake way.
He's gotten a spirit bombs from millions and billions of life forms and acknowledges this. He has had personal experience with very large numbers. That's the problem. Goku knows 1 million is way more than 1000. He's demonstrated it.
Just because he ran a certain amount or got energy from a certain amount of people doesn't mean he fully comprehend how big it is. I don't see the big deal. It's just a joke, and I doubt anyone took it as offensively as you did. You're so intent on super doing bad in Western countries but it's not going to happen. It doesn't matter if people prefer the old Goku, most people aren't going to stop watching just because of that. Heck, super is targeted at a new generation of kids that most likely don't even know the old Goku. Most people won't stop watching the show because of Goku's behavior, especially when most casuals already think he's a dumbass and a bad father due to the memes.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.