Are the characters younger in DBS Broly?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Re: Are the characters younger in DBS Broly?

Post by The Tori-bot » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:06 pm

Gligarman wrote:Dude, I could explain it all day
I've yet to see evidence of that.
Gligarman wrote:and I'm sure you'd still throw a fit so again I'm standing by my original post. With that said, I don't believe Toriyama made a mistake when Bulma said she was 38 and I don't believe the characters are suppose to be younger in the Broly movie.
Your original post that's been proven several times to be factually wrong in several basic areas (something you have yet to acknowledge)?

The manga says that Buu is seven years after Cell. You say four. Explain.

You say Bulma is 26 when Gohan is 4 (let's just go with that for now). So when Gohan is 16 Bulma should be 38 and we're in Battle of Gods. Except Gohan is stated in the manga to be 16 at the start of the Buu arc. Explain.

Why can't you just admit that you got it wrong? Especially when "Bulma lied about her age" is a perfectly in-character and simple explanation that doesn't require any of the mental gymnastics you've been using just to make the entire timeline fit around that one specific number.

And of course I'm "throwing a fit". You have nothing to latch onto in my replies that you can actually dispute with facts so naturally I'm a big enraged bully for pointing out the flaws in your posts. Yawn.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Are the characters younger in DBS Broly?

Post by Grimlock » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:28 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:Yeah, that's what I'm saying. You added the extra year-ish that Gligarman forgot about (the first of many).
I see. Sorry. :shifty:
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~