Special One Piece and Dragonball Crossover in WSJ #4 - 5

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mika

Post by Mika » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:33 pm

Ahh, I'm definetly looking forward to seeing this! :D Maybe I can get up to London and see if they have a copy in one of the Japanese shops, come December 25th..
Kaio-sama: FRIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZAAAAAAAA D:

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:40 pm

Though I think the drawing style of OP is... not expected of an action anime, I do like the writing. So yeah, I'll be counting the days until this gets scanlated.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:48 pm

There isn't any way that I can buy this, right? I WANT! :twisted:

GokuSoul
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GokuSoul » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:16 am

Here is a better picture of the announcement. By Arlong Park.

Jodaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jodaku » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:47 pm

Awesome.

I've got about 3 or 4 volumes of One Piece sitting at home that I haven't read, but I have no motivation whatsoever to read them (it's the same with Naruto too). Hopefully this crossover can kick-start me into readig them.

_Jrinu_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by _Jrinu_ » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:47 pm

OH

MY

GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is freaking AMAZING!!!

Dammit, I always miss all the big news while I'm away.

HOLY CRAP! A Dragonball/One Piece crossover by the man himself.

This is....

This is..

Too amazing for words. :lol: 8) :D :!:
There is no better combination in the world than Dragonball, Cherry Pepsi, and Cheez-Its. It's a proven fact.
The Super Saiya-jin Bobba Fetts: Gym Class Badminton Champions 2006!!
Wii Friend Code: 1134 6268 9135 3724/ Xbox live gamertag: Jrinu
Jump Ultimate Stars Code: 2534 9452 9303

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:11 am

This sounds like so much fun. Will we be getting translations on here?
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*

Payne222
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Payne222 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:37 pm

Haha, sweet! I'll probably head out to Mitsuwa a few days after Christmas to pick it up...or with my cousin on Christmas...seeing as Mitsuwa is never closed!!
「あの地球人のように?・・・クリリンのことか・・・クリリンのことか————っ!!!!!!」

「オレは地球からきさまをたおすためにやってきたサイヤ人・・・おだやかな心をもちながらはげしい怒りによって目覚めた伝説の戦士・・・超サイヤ人孫悟空だ!!!!!」

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:47 pm

Payne222 wrote:Haha, sweet! I'll probably head out to Mitsuwa a few days after Christmas to pick it up...or with my cousin on Christmas...seeing as Mitsuwa is never closed!!
Your Mitsuwa is never closed? The one here in San Diego closes on holidays... :(

Payne222
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Payne222 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:58 pm

Haha, yeah the one here in Chicago (well, technically it's Arlington Heights), is ALWAYS open. Whats sweet is they opened a new bookstore and now have two, and, the Japanese Videogame store is only a few blocks away! (^^)
「あの地球人のように?・・・クリリンのことか・・・クリリンのことか————っ!!!!!!」

「オレは地球からきさまをたおすためにやってきたサイヤ人・・・おだやかな心をもちながらはげしい怒りによって目覚めた伝説の戦士・・・超サイヤ人孫悟空だ!!!!!」

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:11 pm

The only thing that I will dislike about this is, if there'a any fighting. Goku & Luffy will appear to be on equal terms in power. Which simply cannot be true.
*Dodges rocks*

BrollysKin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrollysKin » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:24 am

I hate One Piece in general. So I have mixed reactions on the matter. It will be nice to see some new Dragonball stuff.

But the real question is...

Is this considered canon?
Like Star Wars? Like Podcasts?
Check out the Star Wars Action News Forums: www.swactionnews.com

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:35 am

No, of course not. It's bassically a Parody & thus in the same class as Neko Majin.
*Dodges rocks*

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:18 pm

Now, is it going to be a parody or will the Dragon Ball cast be making an appearance in One Piece?

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:45 pm

I don't read/watch One Piece, but as long as this is not a gag manga, this is going to be amazing. I mean, there could be some jokes, but fighting between each cast would wet my pants. :lol:

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:16 am

Chuquita wrote:OOH!
This sounds absolutely awesome! NEW Toriyama manga with Goku and if I'm lucky Vegeta. I only find it such a shame I have such a horrible time trying to get into One Piece. '_';;
chibi_goten wrote:I started reading One Piece and it seemed alright, I just got a little bored when that clown got brought in and stopped reading after book 3 or maybe 4.

(Does it get better then this?)
I'm probably one of the UK's biggest One Piece fans and I do agree the first few books are a bit iffy. For example I love the opening chapter and think Buggy is a great villain but I feel the Kreig arc is pretty weak. However, book number 8 starts the "Arlong Arc". Read that arc. In my humble opinion that is the arc when it truely gets better and bar the Skypeia arc I don't think there's any real drop in quality.

Anyway I really can't wait to see this. I love the infamous "Goku and Lufy vs Eneru/Enel" movie and if this chapter is anything like that I can't wait to see it. Heck, if it just has the two groups hanging around and has a good number of jokes in it I'd be happy with that (I am quite fond of both author's abilities with jokes and gags).

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:20 am

I just finished watching the Alabasta arc. That, IMO, was one of the best anime story arcs I've ever seen.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:50 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:I just finished watching the Alabasta arc. That, IMO, was one of the best anime story arcs I've ever seen.
I find the recent Water 7/CP9 anime arc to be much better, but the Arabasta/Alabasta is really good too. Skypiea arc was way too long for my tastes & I couldn't stand Enel.

A cool thought, but since Toei pretty much does the anime version for both One Piece & Dragon Ball, there's a pretty good chance this crossover might be animated with One Piece's popularity & Dragon Ball's solid DVD & video game sales over in Japan.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:58 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
SSj Kaboom wrote:
chibi_goten wrote:I started reading One Piece and it seemed alright, I just got a little bored when that clown got brought in and stopped reading after book 3 or maybe 4.

(Does it get better then this?)
Oh, yeah. Tons better. ..and don't mind Buggy; he's actually a semi-pivotol character in his own way.
chibi_goten wrote:Oh yeah I was flicking through t.v (like you do) and saw the dub... possibly one of the worst things I have ever seen.
Oh, my Kami, he's been hit! Sebastian, get the First Aid kit!

Yeah, sorry for double posting, but I can't believe I missed this! Do'h! The dub is indeed the spawn of Satan's latest damnation. I mean first Kinninkuman ll Sei, then Shaman King, & now One Piece. I wonder what Shonen Jump based anime they'll get their hands on next. Like others have said the series does indeed pick up & with the latest story arc, it shows no signs of giving up.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

Kula
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kula » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:00 pm

Am I the only one here not going bat-shit insane for this? No offense to anybody, I'm just not into One Piece. I'm just curious why is this such big news.
Last edited by Kula on Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.