Episode #0109 (30 December 2007)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:35 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote:*Could have sworn you two were married, already. Or at least dating.* :?
Well, typically you're dating someone before you get engaged... I mean, I suppose you could randomly run up to men/women and propose to them, but it certainly helps to know them beforehand.
Well, you do have a good story for the kids.
"We met on the internet because we both ran Dragon Ball fan sites, and I hated your father!"

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:40 pm

Congrats Mike and Meri!
Trans rights, now!

Sedorna
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sedorna » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:55 pm

Captain Awesome wrote: Congrats on the engagement also, I think I speak for everyone here when I say, if there isn't some sort of Dragonball cosplay in the wedding apparel, we'll all be pretty dissapointed.
I can see it now. <Romantic music plays>. Mike, the groom, is dressed up as Trunks and Meri, the bride, is dressed as...Appule, of course. Oh, swoon.

snaku
Regular

Post by snaku » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:32 pm

Congrats Mike & Meri!

Great show once again. Can't wait to hear your predictions for 2008 in the next show, as it's sure to be a landmark year for Dragon Ball with all the big releases (live action Hollywood film, VizBig manga, Burst Limit, FUNi's season sets, GT Dragon Box singles, etc). Personally, I wouldn't be too surprised if Toei announces some major plans for the DBZ anime's 20th Anniversary in 2009 at some point during the next year. A new ova, or a series remake perhaps?

Yeah, I'm dreaming... :lol:

kingvegito
Not-So-Newbie

Post by kingvegito » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:28 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote:Listening to it right now. Kinda spoiled the Mike-Meri proposal thing cause that's pretty big, but whatever. :P Hope you two have a good life together!

*Could have sworn you two were married, already. Or at least dating.* :?
I'm sure Mike has recieved various marriage proposals from obsessed dbz fans in the past. :P

Lucky Bastard.......

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:25 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:
Mike wrote:So, Meri and I . . . The Ring . . . and all that stuff . . . So, what does this mean?
You and Meri are going to die in seven days?! :shock:
If having the site all to yourself won't feed your ego I don't know what will! 8)

Live long and prosper you two!
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:17 pm

Thats awesome news. Congrats you two crazy kids! :wink:

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:46 am

Holy crap, you guys got engaged! Congratulations! Damn, first Greg, now Mike. How many random anime online people are getting engaged? :lol:

Haha, holy shit at you father calling you at work to ask about your favourite DBZ character. The fanart in the first post all makes sense now :lol:

Shame on Julian for not attending Jump Festa :P

Ah yes, Mike, I added you to Xbox Live. I'm fps anth (who would have thought?). Hopefully we can play some Rock Band when I finally find the game or when, as you put it, "not editing the show and going out and looking at ceremony halls".

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:16 am

Oohwaa~! X3
Congradulations you two~! One of my friends on DA mentioned to me a month ago how awesome it'd be if you proposed to Meri during the podcast. XD And (while not during the podcast) here it happens a month later! :shock:

I wish you the best wedding ceremony ever~!
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:15 am

Congratulations guys. Definitely some great holiday news :)

Wishing you the best of luck, love, and anything you two could ask for.

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:27 am

Congratulations Mike & Meri.

And a Happy New Year to you all in advance.

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:57 pm

Who would've thought we'd be getting enough Dragon Ball news to fill an entire podcast episode in this day and age? I know the year end review won't be until the next episode, but just based on all of that news, it looks like DB is still gonna be going strong in one part of the world or another come 2008.

I was completely stumped about that random Goku pic in the first post until the story was explained in the episode. I'm sure Mike's dad is a pretty cool guy regardless of how gruff you made his voice.

And of course, a humongous congratulations to the Mike and Meri. I was partially hoping Mike would propose during the podcast, like Chiquita brought up, but then I remembered what you guys said a couple episodes concerning that. Good news nonetheless!
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:16 pm

Congratulations on your engagement Mike and Meri!

It's great to hear! You guys are awesome and I have no doubt that you'll have a great life together! Best to the both of you!

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:06 pm

Congratulations Mike and Meri!!

GOOD LUCK!

Sabin Deus
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sabin Deus » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:07 pm

at the risk of sounding like a broken record

Congratulations Mike and Meri! Way to go! :)

the original ero-sennin
Beyond Newbie

Post by the original ero-sennin » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:59 pm

Yes, Congratulations. I hope you two are very happy. :wink:

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:49 pm

Congratulations on 10 years of the website! It's not often where you find someone so committed that they will maintain a website for that long!

I don't think I've ever said congratulations so many times on a message board in my life.

KinoFourpaws
Regular

Post by KinoFourpaws » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:19 pm

Hey, not a bad episode at all this week. Though I note the absence of Mike's typical reference to Meri as his "less-than-proverbial right". :O

Congrats again to both you guys on your engagement! You've gotta let us know when the wedding's going to be, so I can make plans to fly up there and throw rice at you guys.

(Kidding, kidding... )
Art, etc. links taken down for now. Will be updated at some point. I dunno.

I NEED A NEW SIGNATURE D:

Steam handle: KinoFourpaws. Want to shoot up some zambees?

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:16 pm

fps_anth wrote:Shame on Julian for not attending Jump Festa :P
Yes, because I'm going to pay $120 each way to hop on the Shinkansen to Tokyo and go to a festival when I'm coming back to Tokyo the following weekend to stay for a week. :roll:

Seriously, Osaka is a long way from Chiba, and unless I fly or take the bullet train (both quite expensive), it's impossible to do in more than a couple of days. 'Sides, in the time I spent not going to Tokyo for Jump Festa, I attended no less than three end-of-the-year parties (and only had to pay my share at one). I'd say that's pretty well worth it. :P

Anyhow, I've got pictures from Tokyo that I'll be sure to show Mike and Meri plenty of once I get back. In the meantime, here's one:
(And no responses parroting 4chan memes, kplzthx.)
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:25 pm

Is that a pic of you SaiyaJedi, or someone else you saw while in Tokyo?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)