Super Episode 112 (22 October 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Spider-Man
Regular

Re: Super Episode 112 (22 October 2017)

Post by Spider-Man » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:21 am

It's Time to review.
    The Good
      -Althrough Cabba was a bit dull,He did improve in this episode now I like his character and like his interaction with Vegeta and I like how Vegeta want to use the super dragon ball to restore planet sadal,That was so nice Vegeta.
        -Monna was well used,her voice is also funny.
          -Damn Toppo you are Savage, I like that scene.
            -The robot of U3 we're awesome in this episode.
              -I really love Caulifla in this episode,She was enjoyable.
                The Bad
                  -Althrough Cabba obtain SS2 was a Good scene but then he got eliminated by freeza WTF, that was way too soon, what a waste.
                    -The scene of Gohan and Piccolo vs The namekian really annoyed me,they should have an episode of them already!
                      Final Verdict
                        Overall this episode was good, Keep it up Super and I'm excited for the NEP The battle of Goku vs Caulifla is gonna be good.
                        Last edited by Spider-Man on Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

HeroR
                        Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:27 am

Kinokima wrote:
                        BlueBasilisk wrote:
                        Michsi wrote: Wow. I mean, I get where you are coming from, and agree with some of that, but that is some diatribe.

Kale, Caulifla and Ribrianne really aren't popular with the majority of western fans it seems, but apparently the Japanese fandom like them for the most part.
                        I wouldn't even say it's a majority of the western fandom, just a vocal hatedom who get triggered at the thought of her and can't stop bitching about how much they hate her or writing out their lurid revenge fics whenever she's mentioned. I saw a bunch of people doing it last night with that "fat *****" Ribrianne and she wasn't seen or even MENTIONED in this episode.

Yeah I see a lot of people say they want Freeza to attack her. Like Freeza is some type of retribution character. Freeza is a villain and a great one but the way fans want him to attack and hurt characters they don’t like is actually pretty disturbing.

A lot of Dragonball fans are really nasty and hypocritical. They get upset when someone attacks their favorite character but see no issue bashing another character or hoping that character loses badly.
                        Oh thank god I am not the only one disturb. I have seen way too many times here and other forums people just taking joy at the idea of Freeze torturing characters they hate with Cali, Kale, and Ribrianne being the prime targets. People cheered Freeze as the MVP for torturing and ringing out Cabba. Let, I get not liking a character, but this is going into mentally disturb areas.
                        Kanassa wrote:
                        precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
                        Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Spider-Man
                        Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:33 am

Michsi wrote: But I'd dare say that a good portion of the western fans aren't happy about Ribrianne, Kale and Cauli, just that most aren't as vocal.
                        I like Caulifla And Ribrianne they are my favorite Character in this arc and Kale is mixed bag to me through her interaction with Caulifla is cute.

Username2016

Post by Username2016 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:36 am

precita wrote:
                        Username2016 wrote:
                        Caulifla is still the worst character. Yes, more worse than Ribrianne. Fucking Ribrianne.
                        People hate Caulifla because she has an actual character? I understand not wanting her to get any more power ups, but as a character what on earth did people want out of a female Saiyan?
                        She's an annoying character. A power hungry thot

She calls Universe 7 sayians wimps. Then, Caulifla talks even more shit (to goku) and turns into the "amazing" USSJ only to get her ass handed to her. After Goku shows his SSJ2, Caulifla excitedly runs up to Goku askng him how to attain SSJ2 like she just forgot all the disrespect she showed. But nah, she just goes "holy shit thats the transformation! help me out bro, do i gotta make my back all tingly like and stuff? pls answer"

In this episode, Caulifla tells Kale to stop being timid over the fact that Jiren is OP as fuck and they just lost the best member on the team. Caulifla then tries to act like she's strong as fuck saying "i'm scared of my infinite potential lel xD" and "I can get stronger too!". This implies Caulifla legit thinks she can get strong enough to match up with Jiren due to her being a Saiyan too (implying she can get hella zenkai boosts). Nevermind the fact, that they lost the best member of their team, and Jiren fodderizing Hit. But nah, Caulifla has her head so far up her head ass she thinks she's one of the best when in reality she's probably barely stronger than SSJ2 cell saga Gohan

Noah
                        Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:38 am

OverHeaven wrote:Shirtless SS3 Goku hype. Also, just as I've expected. Caulifla is totally getting that form. Goku didn't use it since episode 5 and he'll use it against her.
                        Oh! I didn't thought about it! That would be cool! I only saw shirtless SSJ3 Goku on videogames (You choose him with the damaged Namek arc outfit) :D
                        I doubt Toei care abou what makes sense anymore. If Goku does go SS3. It is so we could see SS3 Goku VS SS3 Caulifla and that is probably the only reason.
                        I cannot imagine how ugly she will look as SSJ3, I mean her design is not appealing, with a big hair and no eyebrowns, oh gosh.
                        乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

RedHeat
                        Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:42 am

HeroR wrote:
                        Kinokima wrote:
                        BlueBasilisk wrote: I wouldn't even say it's a majority of the western fandom, just a vocal hatedom who get triggered at the thought of her and can't stop bitching about how much they hate her or writing out their lurid revenge fics whenever she's mentioned. I saw a bunch of people doing it last night with that "fat *****" Ribrianne and she wasn't seen or even MENTIONED in this episode.

Yeah I see a lot of people say they want Freeza to attack her. Like Freeza is some type of retribution character. Freeza is a villain and a great one but the way fans want him to attack and hurt characters they don’t like is actually pretty disturbing.

A lot of Dragonball fans are really nasty and hypocritical. They get upset when someone attacks their favorite character but see no issue bashing another character or hoping that character loses badly.
                        Oh thank god I am not the only one disturb. I have seen way too many times here and other forums people just taking joy at the idea of Freeze torturing characters they hate with Cali, Kale, and Ribrianne being the prime targets. People cheered Freeze as the MVP for torturing and ringing out Cabba. Let, I get not liking a character, but this is going into mentally disturb areas.
                        Yeah, there's a a lotta weirdos coming out of the woodworks ever since these new characters have been introduced. I'm pretty sure it's also something else, but I don't want it to get too heated in here.
                        Feels over Reals.

SuperRose

Post by SuperRose » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:47 am

What is wrong with the Vegeta hate here?

Everybody is getting annoyed when he acts arrogant, but everybody celebrates when Son Goku acts like an arrogant fool. Vegeta's character has been developed to an amazing Character, while Son Goku's character has been developed into a soulless maniac.

How hypocritical. I always thought Vegeta Fanboys are worse, but guess what I learned that the Vegeta haters and especially Son Goku Fanboys are just worse as Vegeta's fanboys. No Son fanboys are the worst no doubt about that.

Vegeta has burned toppo so it was only fair to burn Vegeta back. And my Lord Freezer-Sama was just glorious in this episode. Amazing how Toei is threating him in this Arc since episode 93. I am so thanksful Freezer-Sama

Loved the interaction between Cabba and Vegeta and Vegeta with Son Goku.

Sorry for my hate in the first part of my comment, but users like Kaiosama or naimekian (what ever his name his) sre just here to spread hate towards a specific character and to fanboy somebody else :thumbdown:

Lord Beerus
                        Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:50 am

Li'l Lemmy wrote:
                        Lord Beerus wrote:- I continue love Caulifa more and more she appear. She just oozes charisma with how confident and commanding she is. And her realising just how she is (A Saiyan) after watching Goku and Jiren battle and believing she can still get much, much stronger was a really nice moment. I've said this before but Caulilfa really does feel like a like a hybrid of Kid Goku and Post Majin Boo arc Vegeta, with how enthusiastic, energetic and zealous she is towards scenarios as well as how how self-assured, cocky and bold she is. Her personality is really well balanced.
                        Her personality is about as well balanced as a bowling ball could rest on a needle. I'd rather shove the needle up my ass than engage in such a pointless exercise.

Caulifla is an arrogant prick who becomes more and more annoying with every appearance she puts in. I cannot think of a more grating character that this franchise has produced. From her "tingly back" magic powerup bullshit to her self-aggrandizing better-than-everyone attitude, this arrogant cunt of a plot device and her Mary Sue powered exaggerated sense of self-importance exemplify the absolute worst of pure-blooded saiyan characters. I was glad when Vegeta finally pulled his head out of his ass after the Cell arc, because up until then he was pushing an absolute limit of what I could tolerate in terms of being a cocky asshole, and now I get to watch it again in a new character who has put in about 2% of the work and has a charm rating of fucking zero? No thanks.
                        Okay... but how do you really feel about Caulifla? :P

To each of their own I guess. I just find Caulifla really entertaining.

HeroR
                        Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:53 am

SuperRose wrote:What is wrong with the Vegeta hate here?

Everybody is getting annoyed when he acts arrogant, but everybody celebrates when Son Goku acts like an arrogant fool. Vegeta's character has been developed to an amazing Character, while Son Goku's character has been developed into a soulless maniac.

How hypocritical. I always thought Vegeta Fanboys are worse, but guess what I learned that the Vegeta haters and especially Son Goku Fanboys are just worse as Vegeta's fanboys. No Son fanboys are the worst no doubt about that.

Vegeta has burned toppo so it was only fair to burn Vegeta back. And my Lord Freezer-Sama was just glorious in this episode. Amazing how Toei is threating him in this Arc since episode 93. I am so thanksful Freezer-Sama

Sorry for my hate in the first part of my comment, but users like Kaiosama or naimekian (what ever his name his) sre just here to spread hate towards a specific character and to fanboy somebody else :thumbdown:
                        Did you miss how many people wanted Toppo to beat Goku's ass in the Exhibition match or cheered when Jiren handed Goku his ass? Also, 'developed into a soulless maniac' completely ignores that Goku had several 'human' moments in this arc. More than Vegeta actually since the TOP started. And Kaiosama or naimekian aren't even Goku's fans.
                        Kanassa wrote:
                        precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
                        Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Whatever
                        Regular

Post by Whatever » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:54 am

Noah wrote:
                        Whatever wrote:The hints were there all along that she would get SSJ3, heck Goku tells her she is gonna get it. If it makes you feel better, I'm certain her getting SSJ3 won't be as bad as Gotenks getting it.
                        You thought Gotenks was bad? I think we had good excuses like "it was the fusion between Saiyans hybrids with great potential" and "they being a fused being allowed them to achieve such thing". In the Boo arc we learned that SSJ3 is not a transformation unlocked by common methods like raw anger or casual training.

Goku achieved after doing God King Kai knows what in the Afterlife for seven years and Gotenks due being a fused being, no one else has acquired the transformation after. Even with Goku implying Caulifla may get SSJ3 in battle, I still think it's lame that a couple of episodes earlier she thought Grade 3 was a good transformation.
                        We never got that explanation on why they got it.Gotenks randomly had it after he trained for a few hours on how to make his move flashy.
                        Whats worse is that he skipped ssj2 to get it.
                        MajinMan wrote:So do people actually want a battle royale, or do they want their favorite characters to all fight alone? I don't see the point in having Gohan seperate from Piccolo when it's well established that they work well together.
                        Thats the thing they don't work well together,everytime they are around each other it ends up with Piccolo losing an arm or two to protect Gohan.
                        Ki Breaker wrote:
                        Draconic wrote: Namekiaaaaaaans! Hopefully they get their own episode down the line. Fuck Gohan for not helping Goku. Those are Piccolo's enemies, cunt. .
                        Piccolo was about to be chopped in half...

Gohan knows Goku needs no help..
                        Who knows maybe Piccolo could avoid it if he had that extra stamina he wasted from losing arms.
                        And if Goku needed no help then why did he need the U6 saiyans to help him.

TysonWine
                        Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:54 am

Asura wrote: Caulifla did annoy me a bit this episode though, I won't lie. When Kale asked her if she was scared and she said she was scared of her own overwhelming power or something, I expected there to be a brief cut of her thinking/saying to herself that yeah, she actually is scared. But nope, just really annoying bravado. I like her arrogant and holier-than-thou attitude, but she should be feeling at least a bit overwhelmed/frightened after seeing how strong Goku is multiple times and how he still got bodied by Jiren, plus then seeing her team leader, Hit, get knocked out by said Jiren, it should all add up to her getting less cocky and more cautious. She's already a controversial character but people will start disliking her a lot more if her cockyness and Mary Sue like nature doesn't change at all.

Bad writing for Caulifla this episode. Boo! :thumbdown:
                        Li'l Lemmy wrote:Her personality is about as well balanced as a bowling ball could rest on a needle. I'd rather shove the needle up my ass than engage in such a pointless exercise.
                        I also feel this was a missed opportunity. IMO, Ribrianne's best moment came in the last episode when she was beginning to doubt herself. Nobodies perfect and we all have moments of weakness. However, in these moments we find our resolve, and Ribrianne was able to recover from her feelings of doubt. A moment where Caulifla would've had to lift her own spirits, or better yet, Kale lifting both their spirits (how's that for growth) would've been much more preferable to Caulifla glossing over the uphill battle that Universe 6 is facing.

It does lack balance and a hint of realism. Having her express concern wouldn't ruin her character, it'd just show that there's more to her and rightfully so. Goku's as confident and carefree as it gets and even he is showing concern over whether or not he can master UI to defeat Jiren. Doesn't mean his character has changed, just means he's appropriately reacting to the threat at hand.

Ki Breaker
                        Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:58 am

Whatever wrote: And if Goku needed no help then why did he need the U6 saiyans to help him.
                        Goku didn't ask for it, and he is fighting that very Saiyan who one shot his current enemy next, we know that cauliflowa will have to resort to asking for kale to help her because she will be getting her ass beaten fighting Goku..
                        The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

TheOne
                        OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:02 am

Username2016 wrote:
                        precita wrote:
                        Username2016 wrote:
                        Caulifla is still the worst character. Yes, more worse than Ribrianne. Fucking Ribrianne.
                        People hate Caulifla because she has an actual character? I understand not wanting her to get any more power ups, but as a character what on earth did people want out of a female Saiyan?
                        She's an annoying character. A power hungry thot

She calls Universe 7 sayians wimps. Then, Caulifla talks even more shit (to goku) and turns into the "amazing" USSJ only to get her ass handed to her. After Goku shows his SSJ2, Caulifla excitedly runs up to Goku askng him how to attain SSJ2 like she just forgot all the disrespect she showed. But nah, she just goes "holy shit thats the transformation! help me out bro, do i gotta make my back all tingly like and stuff? pls answer"

In this episode, Caulifla tells Kale to stop being timid over the fact that Jiren is OP as fuck and they just lost the best member on the team. Caulifla then tries to act like she's strong as fuck saying "i'm scared of my infinite potential lel xD" and "I can get stronger too!". This implies Caulifla legit thinks she can get strong enough to match up with Jiren due to her being a Saiyan too (implying she can get hella zenkai boosts). Nevermind the fact, that they lost the best member of their team, and Jiren fodderizing Hit. But nah, Caulifla has her head so far up her head ass she thinks she's one of the best when in reality she's probably barely stronger than SSJ2 cell saga Gohan
                        To be honest I couldn't stand Caulifla, but someone made a statement that made me shift my way of thinking.

How did you expect a female Saiyan to act?

I never really thought about that up until now. After thinking about that, she's exactly how a Saiyan girl would act. I guess I didn't like the fact that there was another Vegeta like personality.
                        How i predict the tournament will end:

Lord Beerus
                        Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:05 am

TysonWine wrote:
                        Asura wrote: Caulifla did annoy me a bit this episode though, I won't lie. When Kale asked her if she was scared and she said she was scared of her own overwhelming power or something, I expected there to be a brief cut of her thinking/saying to herself that yeah, she actually is scared. But nope, just really annoying bravado. I like her arrogant and holier-than-thou attitude, but she should be feeling at least a bit overwhelmed/frightened after seeing how strong Goku is multiple times and how he still got bodied by Jiren, plus then seeing her team leader, Hit, get knocked out by said Jiren, it should all add up to her getting less cocky and more cautious. She's already a controversial character but people will start disliking her a lot more if her cockyness and Mary Sue like nature doesn't change at all.

Bad writing for Caulifla this episode. Boo! :thumbdown:
                        Li'l Lemmy wrote:Her personality is about as well balanced as a bowling ball could rest on a needle. I'd rather shove the needle up my ass than engage in such a pointless exercise.
                        I also feel this was a missed opportunity. IMO, Ribrianne's best moment came in the last episode when she was beginning to doubt herself. Nobodies perfect and we all have moments of weakness. However, in these moments we find our resolve, and Ribrianne was able to recover from her feelings of doubt. A moment where Caulifla would've had to lift her own spirits, or better yet, Kale lifting both their spirits (how's that for growth) would've been much more preferable to Caulifla glossing over the uphill battle that Universe 6 is facing.

It does lack balance and a hint of realism. Having her express concern wouldn't ruin her character, it'd just show that there's more to her and rightfully so. Goku's as confident and carefree as it gets and even he is showing concern over whether or not he can master UI to defeat Jiren. Doesn't mean his character has changed, just means he's appropriately reacting to the threat at hand.
                        I think Caulfila expressing overconfidence in a scenario like this was warranted. Especially considering the person who asked her whether she was scared after witnessing Goku vs Jiren was Kale. A character who's self confidence is solely relied upon by Caulfila reflective attitude, something Caulfila is already very well aware of given how much she has to pep talk her and remind her how much she has belief in her so that she can fight at her best. I think Caulfila if she straight up told Kale she was scared it would done no favour for her morale. Sometimes it's better to inspire hope through false pretences, than to take person's confidence back down to earth by telling the awful truth.

Olympian
                        Regular

Post by Olympian » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:08 am

Ah well, call it Karma. Lord giveth and Lord takeway.

Just FYI, people here have been ragging on Goku being an arrogant toot for months and I include myself on that number but truly since Saiyans aren`t favorites of mine so I don`t care as much.
                        Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Freezerbaby
                        Beyond Newbie

Post by Freezerbaby » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:12 am

- I dind´t expect freeza to go golden to take on ssj2 cabba assuming ssj2 cabba equals to ssj2 cell arc gohan.
                        - I got a hunch that freeza wil win the tournament knocking out Jiren in a dirty yet unexpected way being these two plus goku the last three members lasting to the end.
                        -Vegeta was intending to take Jiren on after watching what this monster did to Goku and Hit, he seems more stubborn about his odds against stronger guys than he was back in dbz.
                        -Quitela doesn´t look worried about having three members left at all, he is definitely up to something.
                        -Where are 17 and 18?
                        -U3 is underrated, they don´t lose stamina and so far are making clever decisions teaming up each other.

I hope i´m wrong, but the nep doesn´t seem interesting at all, let´s expect there´s more to the episode than just a repeated goku vs ssj2 Caulifla.

Kinokima
                        I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:25 am

Thank you for defending Vegeta let’s not attack Goku in the process (and I don’t think those attacking Vegeta were necessarily Goku fans.) It’s character haters that are the issue not fans of other characters :)

It’s true Vegeta wanting to fight Jiren is literally no different from Goku wanting to fight Jiren. Neither are delusional though it’s just their Saiyan blood making them want to fight the strongest opponent.

Of course Goku being Goku will have the best shot of overcoming Jiren that’s just natural but people shouldn’t fault Vegeta for going after the stronger opponent too even if he has no chance. It may not be rational but when have Goku or Vegeta ever been rational when it comes to fighting?
                        Last edited by Kinokima on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Xehanort

Post by Xehanort » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:29 am

Good episode. This arc's been pretty consistent in my opinion, especially after the rather boring build-up to it.

Vegeta was very good in this episode, and his fight with Toppo will be very interesting. Toppo was absolutely right in saying they're both second fiddle in their universes, but unlike him Vegeta cannot accept that and that's what brings him to his strongest. Cabba vs. Fat Lady was ok, and Freeza eliminating Cabba was cool. I don't understand why Golden form was necessary though...
                        "I think it's only fair that I should warn you guys. You dont stand a chance against me.", Future Trunks

PerhapsTheOtherOne
                        I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:44 am

Xehanort wrote:Good episode. This arc's been pretty consistent in my opinion, especially after the rather boring build-up to it.

Vegeta was very good in this episode, and his fight with Toppo will be very interesting. Toppo was absolutely right in saying they're both second fiddle in their universes, but unlike him Vegeta cannot accept that and that's what brings him to his strongest. Cabba vs. Fat Lady was ok, and Freeza eliminating Cabba was cool. I don't understand why Golden form was necessary though...
                        Freeza doesn't waste time being a "martial artist" like his teammates. He gets in, finishes off opponents and has fun doing so, and gets back out.

Noah
                        Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:45 am

Xehanort wrote:Freeza eliminating Cabba was cool. I don't understand why Golden form was necessary though...
                        It wasn't clear that Freeza just wanted to show off? He even recognizes that he should not waste stamina on scrubs like Cabba.
                        乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?