Super Episode 112 (22 October 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Super Episode 112 (22 October 2017)

Post by Pannaliciour » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:45 am

I love to see Vegeta vs Jiren. Vegeta fighting style is just so straight forward. His fights against final.boss are in general amazing. Like Trunks he doebt f... around. Just dont get it what he thinks to go against Jiren( seeing him fight against UI Goku)

Xehanort

Post by Xehanort » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:47 am

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:Freeza doesn't waste time being a "martial artist" like his teammates. He gets in, finishes off opponents and has fun doing so, and gets back out.
I get that, but ever since the tournament started they made this big deal of "saving your stamina". And Freeza is no idiot, so turning Gold in that situation was rather odd.
"I think it's only fair that I should warn you guys. You dont stand a chance against me.", Future Trunks

chickensguys
Not-So-Newbie

Post by chickensguys » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:05 pm

Frezzer was savage! It made the episode great.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:20 pm

They were waving the Final Boss flag over Frieza's head pretty hard in the last 5 minutes. That gives me a real sinking feeling about the direction of the arc. Are we really going to have another 20-ish episodes of Universe 7 barely struggling against anyone not named Toppo or Jiren just to top it off with another Frieza fight? Or god forbid, another Frieza arc? :|

I'm still finding it hard to care what Goku and Friends are up to because there's hardly any struggle or tension for them right now. Goku just got his ass whipped but within the span of 3 minutes he's recovered enough to use SS3 at least. Hope Vegeta vs Toppo spices things up but I'm sure some dumb shit will interrupt it.
Last edited by BlueBasilisk on Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:22 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Whatever wrote: And if Goku needed no help then why did he need the U6 saiyans to help him.
Goku didn't ask for it, and he is fighting that very Saiyan who one shot his current enemy next, we know that cauliflowa will have to resort to asking for kale to help her because she will be getting her ass beaten fighting Goku..
Why Goku thanked them then?He did not do that when 17 'helped' him.
Then again one of the robots that were attacking Goku was the one who kicked Gohan's ass,so its better he did not go help.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:24 pm

Whatever wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Whatever wrote: And if Goku needed no help then why did he need the U6 saiyans to help him.
Goku didn't ask for it, and he is fighting that very Saiyan who one shot his current enemy next, we know that cauliflowa will have to resort to asking for kale to help her because she will be getting her ass beaten fighting Goku..
Why Goku thanked them then?
Because Goku would have struggled to win against them which wasn't the case with 17, but he wasn't in any real danger in either of these cases..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Son Vegito
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Son Vegito » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:26 pm

Decent episode. At least Cabba acquired SSJ2 in a legit way. Toshio truly is my favorite writer of Super. Let's hope that we will get a real fight between Vegeta and Toppo. Getting tired of a lot of these half ass fights like Vegeta vs Ribrianne

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:32 pm

Noah wrote:
Xehanort wrote:Freeza eliminating Cabba was cool. I don't understand why Golden form was necessary though...
It wasn't clear that Freeza just wanted to show off? He even recognizes that he should not waste stamina on scrubs like Cabba.
I got the sense that he was pushed to it. Didn't seem like he was showing off at all. SSJ2 Cabba is simply superior to his final form or at least close enough to give him problems.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:43 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:They were waving the Final Boss flag over Frieza's head pretty hard in the last 5 minutes. That gives me a real sinking feeling about the direction of the arc. Are we really going to have another 20-ish episodes of Universe 7 barely struggling against anyone not named Toppo or Jiren just to top it off with another Frieza fight? Or god forbid, another Frieza arc? :|

I'm still finding it hard to care what Goku and Friends are up to because there's hardly any struggle or tension for them right now. Goku just got his ass whipped but within the span of 3 minutes he's recovered enough to use SS3 at least. Hope Vegeta vs Toppo spices things up but I'm sure some dumb shit will interrupt it.
Yeah this tournament has been one sided seriously U7 need to have some member to dropped Asap otherwise it would be very boring if most of the U7 member are eliminated by Jiren.
Last edited by Spider-Man on Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

darzap
Beyond Newbie

Post by darzap » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:44 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Hope Vegeta vs Toppo spices things up but I'm sure some dumb shit will interrupt it.
Come on, don't be so negative. We haven't seen Ribrianne for 20 minutes now, how great would it be, if she'd pop into the Vegeta vs. Toppo fight, Toppo goes back to doing nothing and nothing comes out of the Ribrianne vs. Vegeta fight? I'd love that.
Last edited by darzap on Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SonReggie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonReggie » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:47 pm

Kinokima wrote:I love all the typical Vegeta bashing from the usual suspects in here. It gets so old.

Vegeta was awesome in this episode. So he’s a little arrogant big deal. The fact that he said he was going to wish back Cabba’s Universe shows his heart is firmly in the right place.

And Goku unlike some of the fandom completely gets Vegeta! And yes there is nothing wrong to be second when it’s to Goku. I have no problem with Toppo’s words. ;)
Whilst not Vegeta bashing, I will say that I do thing it stretches belief that he thinks he'd stand a chance against Jiren; this feels FAR too much like pre-perfect Cell Vegeta.

Seriously - we're supposed to believe that Freeza has the insight to avoid fighting Jiren but Vegeta doesn't?

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:49 pm

darzap wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Hope Vegeta vs Toppo spices things up but I'm sure some dumb shit will interrupt it.
Come on, don't be so negative. We haven't seen Ribrianne for 20 now, how great would it be, if she'd pop into the Vegeta vs. Toppo fight, Toppo goes back to doing nothing and nothing comes out of the Ribrianne vs. Vegeta fight? I'd love that.
Please no as much I like Ribrianne,Toppo really need some screentime.Have Ribrianne fight against #17.
Last edited by Spider-Man on Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:49 pm

SonReggie wrote:
Kinokima wrote:I love all the typical Vegeta bashing from the usual suspects in here. It gets so old.

Vegeta was awesome in this episode. So he’s a little arrogant big deal. The fact that he said he was going to wish back Cabba’s Universe shows his heart is firmly in the right place.

And Goku unlike some of the fandom completely gets Vegeta! And yes there is nothing wrong to be second when it’s to Goku. I have no problem with Toppo’s words. ;)
Whilst not Vegeta bashing, I will say that I do thing it stretches belief that he thinks he'd stand a chance against Jiren; this feels FAR too much like pre-perfect Cell Vegeta.

Seriously - we're supposed to believe that Freeza has the insight to avoid fighting Jiren but Vegeta doesn't?
As some others pointed out in posts past, it's not really that Vegeta thinks he stands a chance. As a Saiyan, he'll want to fight him regardless.

Xehanort

Post by Xehanort » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:53 pm

Noah wrote:
Xehanort wrote:It wasn't clear that Freeza just wanted to show off? He even recognizes that he should not waste stamina on scrubs like Cabba.
It did not look like he wanted to show off. If he did he wouldn't have eliminated him so fast, and would toy with him like he always does. And I don't buy SSJ2 Cabba would trouble final form Frieza, dude has achieved a level of strength that rivals SSB for f***'s sake.
"I think it's only fair that I should warn you guys. You dont stand a chance against me.", Future Trunks

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:57 pm

Xehanort wrote:
Noah wrote:
Xehanort wrote:It wasn't clear that Freeza just wanted to show off? He even recognizes that he should not waste stamina on scrubs like Cabba.
It did not look like he wanted to show off. If he did he wouldn't have eliminated him so fast, and would toy with him like he always does. And I don't buy SSJ2 Cabba would trouble final form Frieza, dude has achieved a level of strength that rivals SSB for f***'s sake.
I try not to turn episode thread posts into power-scaling debates, but let's not assume that Final Form Freeza is some entirely untouchable monster that scrubs can never hope to touch unless they're god-level. He's certainly a threat, but he's not unbeatable. The most likely conclusion is that Final Form Freeza is indeed inferior to someone like the Super Saiyans in this tournament.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:02 pm

SuperRose wrote:What is wrong with the Vegeta hate here?

Everybody is getting annoyed when he acts arrogant, but everybody celebrates when Son Goku acts like an arrogant fool. Vegeta's character has been developed to an amazing Character, while Son Goku's character has been developed into a soulless maniac.

How hypocritical. I always thought Vegeta Fanboys are worse, but guess what I learned that the Vegeta haters and especially Son Goku Fanboys are just worse as Vegeta's fanboys. No Son fanboys are the worst no doubt about that.

Vegeta has burned toppo so it was only fair to burn Vegeta back. And my Lord Freezer-Sama was just glorious in this episode. Amazing how Toei is threating him in this Arc since episode 93. I am so thanksful Freezer-Sama

Loved the interaction between Cabba and Vegeta and Vegeta with Son Goku.

Sorry for my hate in the first part of my comment, but users like Kaiosama or naimekian (what ever his name his) sre just here to spread hate towards a specific character and to fanboy somebody else :thumbdown:
False. Vegeta's has regressed to his Cell Saga self, which is why he's so annoying whenever he's on screen. All he does is run his mouth and isn't a team player(won't help Goku with the Spirit Bomb). Frieza and Hit havebecome a much more interesting character and I'm excited to see what they do with Gohan, #17 and the others. Vegeta needs to hurry up and go to the bleachers because it's so amusing to watch him be an arrogant asshole and get humiliated every time :D Toei loves poking fun at him by having Beerus, Toppo, Whis, Black, etc... remind Vegeta that he's not the trump card or main dish, or that he's even important in the grand scheme of things(which makes it even more funny). It's like they're parodying his character at this point, or are closet TFS fans :lol:

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:04 pm

BWri wrote:
Noah wrote:
Xehanort wrote:Freeza eliminating Cabba was cool. I don't understand why Golden form was necessary though...
It wasn't clear that Freeza just wanted to show off? He even recognizes that he should not waste stamina on scrubs like Cabba.
I got the sense that he was pushed to it. Didn't seem like he was showing off at all. SSJ2 Cabba is simply superior to his final form or at least close enough to give him problems.
Yes! He will need that power for dealing with Kale after she goes berserk again and get the jump on Jiren or Goku after their rematch. :D

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:04 pm

Spider-Man wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Michsi wrote: Wow. I mean, I get where you are coming from, and agree with some of that, but that is some diatribe.

Kale, Caulifla and Ribrianne really aren't popular with the majority of western fans it seems, but apparently the Japanese fandom like them for the most part.
I wouldn't even say it's a majority of the western fandom, just a vocal hatedom who get triggered at the thought of her and can't stop bitching about how much they hate her or writing out their lurid revenge fics whenever she's mentioned. I saw a bunch of people doing it last night with that "fat *****" Ribrianne and she wasn't seen or even MENTIONED in this episode.
Yeah people in YouTube and Twitter are really stupid they still keep bitching about Ribrianne, whenever she on screen or not gosh it's getting annoying yeah you can dislike Ribrianne but try not to go over the top with it.
You See, If their was Ever a Smoking Gun to Get the Real Truth of the View and in the end Future of Kale, Caulifla and Ribrianne, if that is True, it is Major! :idea:

I like to know where you heard about the Japaneses Fan Part Michsi, if their are Links to that info, the Part about the Japaneses Fans liking Kale, Caulifla and Ribrianne. This is because Toei and many Japanese based Studios listen to their Home country Audience 1st by all accounts I have heard over the years, what they like goes 1st before all other countries. So if the Japaneses Fan Likes Kale, Caulifla and Ribrianne and any other new Characters, expect them to stick around for a Good time to come and get positive responses form this Arc.

What this shows IMO and the Theory on that even more Western Fans may like them more then we know is that what happens on the net rarely reflects the reality of how fandom is or how the response to a character truly is by the public. The net's rep has always been harsh and negative towards most things in life, so I think we give the net's reaction to theses Girl and the New Characters in General to much credit for being the so-called voice of the fandom. It is just one segment of a Vast and Deep well of Fans that by a majority don't post on the net or even pay attention to its up or downs. We are Forum fans, but that does not equal to all fans, most fans are just general fans that buy the product, like what they like from it and don't participate in the debates we do everyday.

These words should be a wake-up call to many of us that what happens on the net does not reflect always what happens in general fandom overall, espically in fandoms in other countries as well.
Last edited by CJStriker_CBR on Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Xehanort

Post by Xehanort » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:10 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:I try not to turn episode thread posts into power-scaling debates, but let's not assume that Final Form Freeza is some entirely untouchable monster that scrubs can never hope to touch unless they're god-level. He's certainly a threat, but he's not unbeatable. The most likely conclusion is that Final Form Freeza is indeed inferior to someone like the Super Saiyans in this tournament.
I understand, power-scaling has completely went to s*** in Super xD

I'm not saying he's untouchable, but i'd say he most definitely is against a somewhat inexperienced Saiyan who just turned SSJ2 minutes ago. And was seriously drained of stamina. So no, I don't buy SSJ2 Cabba standing a chance against final form Freeza at that specific moment. Pissed off Kale would most certainly put his Golden form to test though.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:11 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:They were waving the Final Boss flag over Frieza's head pretty hard in the last 5 minutes. That gives me a real sinking feeling about the direction of the arc. Are we really going to have another 20-ish episodes of Universe 7 barely struggling against anyone not named Toppo or Jiren just to top it off with another Frieza fight? Or god forbid, another Frieza arc? :|
I can already see it.. Freeza ends up as best fighter and gets his wish and then the next arc will be all about defying the Ultimate Ruler, God Freeza!
Hopefully if he does win, Grand Priest will just screw him over, because Freeza doesn't speak the language of the gods.