Complete BT3 Info and Discussion Thread [UPDATED 10/02/07]

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:48 pm

Smooth Criminal wrote:Who did the tracks for this game? This stuff is great.
Same guy that did them for BT2, Kenji Yamamoto.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:52 pm

Slickmasterfunk wrote:Well I can officially tell you the game (the PS2 version at least) is out in NA. I have it in my hand but haven't had a chance to put it in yet so I'll probably update with some of my thoughts later on.

Interestingly enough, I bought it at Gamestop and it came with a "Best Fights" bonus DVD. I was aware of this existing but I thought it was a separate disc that you'd only get if you pre-ordered, but it actually came right inside of the game case. So if you're interested in it, I recommend getting it at a Gamestop (or an EB games if they haven't all become Gamestops yet)
Is it only for the PS2 version or will it also be in the Wii version next month?
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:02 pm

Xyex wrote:
Smooth Criminal wrote:Who did the tracks for this game? This stuff is great.
Same guy that did them for BT2, Kenji Yamamoto.
Kenji Yamamoto did the music tracks for the English release of BT2?!

Didn't he do the music for the Butoden games way back on the Snes? (Love the Butoden music, hate the BT2 music)
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:12 pm

Anonymous Friend wrote:
Slickmasterfunk wrote:Well I can officially tell you the game (the PS2 version at least) is out in NA. I have it in my hand but haven't had a chance to put it in yet so I'll probably update with some of my thoughts later on.

Interestingly enough, I bought it at Gamestop and it came with a "Best Fights" bonus DVD. I was aware of this existing but I thought it was a separate disc that you'd only get if you pre-ordered, but it actually came right inside of the game case. So if you're interested in it, I recommend getting it at a Gamestop (or an EB games if they haven't all become Gamestops yet)
Is it only for the PS2 version or will it also be in the Wii version next month?
I have no clue. Like I said, I had no idea it was going to be in there at all but I don't see why they wouldn't put it in the Wii version. You can tell right away too because it says "Includes Bonus Disc" along the botton of the cover art. If the Wii version doesn't say that just ask, maybe they'll have some left overs from the pre-orders.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:22 pm

I got the game today and in 11 Hours I have unlocked all the characters and 100% Story mode and need to collect the dragonballs another 4 times to unlock the rest of the arena's and about 16% of the Z items

I found spelling errors in the encyclopaedia for the voice actor for Teen Gohan and Chi-Chi says something about Slug and the world tournament, During the GT Saga against both Super 17 and Omega SSJ4 Spoke with Kid Goku's voice (English voice, Not sure about the Jap voice)

But apart from those mistakes I’m really enjoying this game.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:46 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:I got the game today and in 11 Hours I have unlocked all the characters and 100% Story mode and need to collect the dragonballs another 4 times to unlock the rest of the arena's and about 16% of the Z items
God damn, man.
Sshadow5001 wrote:I found spelling errors in the encyclopaedia
... :evil:
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:58 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Sshadow5001 wrote:I got the game today and in 11 Hours I have unlocked all the characters and 100% Story mode and need to collect the dragonballs another 4 times to unlock the rest of the arena's and about 16% of the Z items
God damn, man.
Actually, I believe that's a legitimate spelling of the word, used mainly in Britain.
Trunks & Goten forever

Katalyst

Post by Katalyst » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:00 pm

Thanos6 wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:
God damn, man.
Actually, I believe that's a legitimate spelling of the word, used mainly in Britain.
Yep, it is.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:34 pm

Crazy fuckin' Brits. Carry on.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:40 pm

I guess it’s a bit easier in English :lol:

The tournament mode is annoying, not that its hard but you can't select the one you want without entering and exiting tournament mode over and over again and then you can't select the difficulty needed to unlock something you want.
VegettoEX wrote:
I spell check in Microsoft Word.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:41 pm

Hey guys, just got the game yesterday and it's been a blast, I love the new gameplay tweeks, the music is really very good, the story mode is fantastic, not has complete but fantastic nonetheless, I haven't tried all the modes since I don't have that much time to play during the week days. Can someone tell me how to get the dragonballs? I'm curious, is it some mode I haven't tried yet? I've tried only Story Mode and World Tournament.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:48 pm

DNA wrote:Hey guys, just got the game yesterday and it's been a blast, I love the new gameplay tweeks, the music is really very good, the story mode is fantastic, not has complete but fantastic nonetheless, I haven't tried all the modes since I don't have that much time to play during the week days. Can someone tell me how to get the dragonballs? I'm curious, is it some mode I haven't tried yet? I've tried only Story Mode and World Tournament.
You can get them in Story mode by destroying stuff (It’s much easier now that they don’t roll around on the floor, there instantly collectable as you break the object holding it). Locations seem to be random (I found it easier on the lord slug story, just break all the buildings until you have it then destroy him :twisted:

You can also sometimes get them in tournament mode as a prize (I think that it’s a replacement for the versions of super survivor but am not 100% sure).

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:56 pm

Crap... that sounds kinda hard :\

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:09 pm

DNA wrote:Crap... that sounds kinda hard :\
It's more boring than anything. :roll:

Just dash at all the buildings till one appears between the 2 health bars, then just pummel him. (Unless you wanna train while doing this just do it on easy)

Also the dragon summoned seems random (Though I’ve only summoned 3 times).

If there is some kind of order mine went:

1. Porunga (3 Wishes)
2. Red Shenron (1 Wish) not sure what the official name is?
3. Shenron (1 Wish)

Porunga is kinda crap, no good wishes. But you get three of them :lol:

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:12 am

I wont be getting my copy until some time next month, or later, it seems. :( Oh well, circumstances are what they are, you can't really do anything when life screws up your plans I suppose. Anyone in the states wanna loan me their copy? :twisted:

You'll get it back, maybe, eventually, sometime next century. Or when I get my own copy, whichever comes first.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:16 pm

Xyex, how do you know Kenji Yamamoto did the English version's music too?
He might have just been the guy that "midi-fied" the Japanese themes.
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:20 pm

I just completed the Super World Tournament in dificulty 3, wich should give me Super Survivor Short Vocal, and gain nothing. Hurrey :D are you guys sure these songs are in the game at all?

Strongbad456
Beyond Newbie

Post by Strongbad456 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:14 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:
DNA wrote:Hey guys, just got the game yesterday and it's been a blast, I love the new gameplay tweeks, the music is really very good, the story mode is fantastic, not has complete but fantastic nonetheless, I haven't tried all the modes since I don't have that much time to play during the week days. Can someone tell me how to get the dragonballs? I'm curious, is it some mode I haven't tried yet? I've tried only Story Mode and World Tournament.
You can get them in Story mode by destroying stuff (It’s much easier now that they don’t roll around on the floor, there instantly collectable as you break the object holding it). Locations seem to be random (I found it easier on the lord slug story, just break all the buildings until you have it then destroy him :twisted:

You can also sometimes get them in tournament mode as a prize (I think that it’s a replacement for the versions of super survivor but am not 100% sure).
You sometimes get them from tournaments in the Japanese version as well.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:11 pm

I've wished for everything now (except money).

All thats left to do now is buy the other 51% of the items and max out everyone (It's gonna take a while). :(

I'm probably gonna grab the Wii version aswell and do it all over again. :roll:

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:14 pm

I bought the game today, and I am very pleased. I'm a bit dissapointed not having the Japanese BGM's, but thats not a big deal.(I can just stick in a CD while I play it) The game is better than the first 2, and I enjoy the new additions to the gameplay. However, I was wondering something.

Dr. Wheelo(I think) shot ki blasts out of his crotch, right? Well, when seeing him in the English game, they were coming from his hand. Was this changed for the American release? Once again, I'm not entirely sure if this was the character who did that, and I haven't gotten a chance to play as him yet, so I'm not sure.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog