Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by Doctor. » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:07 pm

Nice, the last panel reminds me of when Piccolo dashed towards Freeza. Intentional, I assume. Nice work :thumbup:

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:13 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote:Image
*bump*
Doctor. wrote:Nice, the last panel reminds me of when Piccolo dashed towards Freeza. Intentional, I assume. Nice work :thumbup:
Indeed :)

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:14 am

Thw pages are awesome but do you consider fixing the arm length problem in the panel where we can see Vegeta's full body (except feet)?
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:26 am

Cetra wrote:Thw pages are awesome but do you consider fixing the arm length problem in the panel where we can see Vegeta's full body (except feet)?
Oh crap I didn't even notice that! Thanks for pointing that out, will do!

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:43 am

Kick his ass Piccolo! I believe in you!
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:58 am

Malik_DBNA wrote:
Cetra wrote:Thw pages are awesome but do you consider fixing the arm length problem in the panel where we can see Vegeta's full body (except feet)?
Oh crap I didn't even notice that! Thanks for pointing that out, will do!
It's funny you drew it like that, because Toriyama himself would make that same mistake a couple of times(I was actually considering making a thread about this some months back, but I never got past the one example I dug up).

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:07 pm

Best height disproportion was Freeza and Cold in ship. :) I'm kinda getting Chrono Cross vibe, if your character had correct color element, he/she could easily win battle.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

JustSaiyan34

Post by JustSaiyan34 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:36 am

I've got to say, this is probably my favorite DB fan-made piece of work ever. I absolutely love it. :clap: Keep up the amazing work!
A B S O L U T E L Y S U B A R A S H I I

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:02 pm

one of the best fan-manga's I've ever read, thank you for giving us this masterpiece Malik :D
I am just now catching up and noticed that SSJ 5 was revamped for Rigor, do you plan on redoing the Rigor saga with the newly revamped SSJ5?

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:24 am

JustSaiyan34 wrote:I've got to say, this is probably my favorite DB fan-made piece of work ever. I absolutely love it. :clap: Keep up the amazing work!
Thank you very much! I will do my best
Xeztin wrote:one of the best fan-manga's I've ever read, thank you for giving us this masterpiece Malik :D
I am just now catching up and noticed that SSJ 5 was revamped for Rigor, do you plan on redoing the Rigor saga with the newly revamped SSJ5?
The Rigor Saga was already revamped with the new SSJ5 design :-) and thank you!

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:19 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote:
JustSaiyan34 wrote:I've got to say, this is probably my favorite DB fan-made piece of work ever. I absolutely love it. :clap: Keep up the amazing work!
Thank you very much! I will do my best
Xeztin wrote:one of the best fan-manga's I've ever read, thank you for giving us this masterpiece Malik :D
The Rigor Saga was already revamped with the new SSJ5 design :-) and thank you!
I appologize Malik, Though I cannot find the revamped version on your Deviantart, this is the SSJ 5 I found while Reading!
and this is the remastered version I cannot find to read
Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place? or you did not upload the remastered version to Deviantart?
again sorry for the trouble.

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:16 pm

Xeztin wrote: I appologize Malik, Though I cannot find the revamped version on your Deviantart, this is the SSJ 5 I found while Reading!
Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place? or you did not upload the remastered version to Deviantart?
The second image you posted is the old version, not the remastered. The first image you posted is actually the remastered version

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:38 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote:
Xeztin wrote: I appologize Malik, Though I cannot find the revamped version on your Deviantart, this is the SSJ 5 I found while Reading!
The second image you posted is the old version, not the remastered. The first image you posted is actually the remastered version
Thanks! It seem's I have got the two SSJ 5 transformations Mixed up.
for some reason I assumed the black hair/Blond spots/Fur-less was the new one.
Keep up the good work with DBNA, I'm enjoying the ride so far! :D

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:06 am

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:49 am

Oh that tease ending it like that! But thanks a lot for new content and new pages! This manga's so awesome!

Hero
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hero » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:08 pm

Hey there!

I just wanna say that I really enjoyed this comic, a lot more than I thought I would to be honest. The drawings, especially for the current saga, are great too and get especially good when showing Vegeta fighting possessed Bra and his internal struggles.

The stuff I liked the best:

1. Everything with Vegeta. Seriously, it seems as if he's the main character of the whole "show" sometimes and it just works. He's actually more fleshed out here than in DBZ, especially in the current saga.

2. Everything with Krillin. His training in Otherworld making him strong and badass was honestly the highlight of the comic for me. I know it's just training filler but just seeing a legitimately badass Krillin cannot be topped by anything haha.

3. Gohan, Trunks and Goten actually training and being warriors. I'm not really a fan of seeing Gohan one-shot killed by the first form of a villain...

4. The Aladjinn Saga. Yeah, people have said that Vegeta gets possessed too much but unlike with Baby there's more to this possession than him just fighting the heroes. It works well for me and I had no problem with it.

5. Piccolo getting stronger and treated with respect. The current page of him about to fight Aladjinn is what I've been waiting since him vs. Andorid 17 for.

Things I didn't like:

1. The beginning of the Rigor fight. The fight got better later on, especially afterwards when you meet his family, but when he first arrives he kinda came off as generic DBZ villain #2037 to me.

2. SSJ5's design. I don't know I just couldn't get into it. I couldn't see it in the show and so it came off as too fan-arty to me.

But overall though great job with this and you got another lifelong reader!
Last edited by Hero on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Relenanator

Post by Relenanator » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:29 pm

This is basically the best DB fan manga out there. Every character finally being relevant and kicking ass. Why can't this happen in Z?
Hero wrote:Things I didn't like:

1. The beginning of the Rigor fight. The fight got better later on, especially afterwards when you meet his family, but when he first arrives he kinda came off as generic DBZ villain #2037 to me.

2. SSJ5's design. I don't know I just couldn't get into it. I couldn't see it in the show and so it came off as too fan-arty to me.
I think the SSJ5's designs originally come from DBAF if I'm not mistaken. They honestly look ridicules if you ask me. Also, I'm disappointed that Pan is such a useless character. I really hope she can become a great character soon.

Hero
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hero » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:08 pm

Relenanator wrote:This is basically the best DB fan manga out there. Every character finally being relevant and kicking ass. Why can't this happen in Z?
Hero wrote:Things I didn't like:

I think the SSJ5's designs originally come from DBAF if I'm not mistaken. They honestly look ridicules if you ask me. Also, I'm disappointed that Pan is such a useless character. I really hope she can become a great character soon.
Oh yeah, Pan exists haha. Hmmm I haven't read the beginning of this manga in a while but has she gone SSJ yet (cuz she isn't really in this current arc)? If not then SSJ Pan is long overdue. I obviously don't know Malik's plans for the future of this story but I am curious to how he plans to use Pan, cuz most post-GT material has her as just a non-fighting house wife but from what this manga has done for the second tier characters I see her getting a much better treatment here.

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:32 am

Hero wrote: Oh yeah, Pan exists haha. Hmmm I haven't read the beginning of this manga in a while but has she gone SSJ yet (cuz she isn't really in this current arc)? If not then SSJ Pan is long overdue. I obviously don't know Malik's plans for the future of this story but I am curious to how he plans to use Pan, cuz most post-GT material has her as just a non-fighting house wife but from what this manga has done for the second tier characters I see her getting a much better treatment here.
I can assure you that Pan's role in DBNA will not be a non-fighting housewife, even if she isn't involved in every confrontation. As of yet in the story, Pan is still normal, not ssj. But hey, you never know what the future holds :-)
Hero wrote:Hey there!

I just wanna say that I really enjoyed this comic, a lot more than I thought I would to be honest. The drawings, especially for the current saga, are great too and get especially good when showing Vegeta fighting possessed Bra and his internal struggles.

The stuff I liked the best:

1. Everything with Vegeta. Seriously, it seems as if he's the main character of the whole "show" sometimes and it just works. He's actually more fleshed out here than in DBZ, especially in the current saga.

2. Everything with Krillin. His training in Otherworld making him strong and badass was honestly the highlight of the comic for me. I know it's just training filler but just seeing a legitimately badass Krillin cannot be topped by anything haha.

3. Gohan, Trunks and Goten actually training and being warriors. I'm not really a fan of seeing Gohan one-shot killed by the first form of a villain...

4. The Aladjinn Saga. Yeah, people have said that Vegeta gets possessed too much but unlike with Baby there's more to this possession than him just fighting the heroes. It works well for me and I had no problem with it.

5. Piccolo getting stronger and treated with respect. The current page of him about to fight Aladjinn is what I've been waiting since him vs. Andorid 17 for.

Things I didn't like:

But overall though great job with this and you got another lifelong reader!
Thank you for the compliments!
I won't lie that the beginning of the Rigor arc for the first couple chapters, even with my recent improvements to the story, is so far the weakest part of my writing. I have tried to improve it but I really flubbed up the pacing and such, hence why I added Chapter Zero for pacing and made so many story alterations at the beginning to improve the writing, but I can only do so much without completely starting over.
SSJ5 is really hit or miss. I personally enjoy the more SSJ4 styled version that I currently use instead of the "bumblebee" hair and no fur design that I originally used. But as much as I'd like to think I can, I can't please everyone with everything all the time.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:41 am

Malik_DBNA wrote:I personally enjoy the more SSJ4 styled version that I currently use instead of the "bumblebee" hair and no fur design that I originally used. But as much as I'd like to think I can, I can't please everyone with everything all the time.
It really grew on me (!), and it feels better that the characters don't randomly lose the fur. It would've been possible to retain the dual hair style as well, but maybe it would have looked too busy with the fur as well, or would have taken you too much work.