What is the worst ever thing that happened to Dragonball?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Re: What is the worst ever thing that happened to Dragonball?

Post by Attitudefan » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:18 pm

Godo wrote:Actually, I said that in early Dragonball, other characters than Goku got the opportunity to shine too. So in other words, I agree with you! :D
The Z-fighters just got dissed on how weak they became in Z. Tenshinhan was my favorite out of the Z-fighters and he just dissappeared....
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:10 am

Attitudefan wrote:
Godo wrote:Actually, I said that in early Dragonball, other characters than Goku got the opportunity to shine too. So in other words, I agree with you! :D
The Z-fighters just got dissed on how weak they became in Z. Tenshinhan was my favorite out of the Z-fighters and he just dissappeared....
What did he do in DB that's different from Z?

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:11 am

He got his ass beat by Cell's aura in filler.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:18 am

LeprikanGT wrote:Last time I checked Vegeta was KING of the Saiyans and Trunks was the PRINCE.
The only thing that Vegeta is king of, is of self pity. Only Shun from Saint Seiya whines as much as he does, although with a different execution and motivation.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:46 am

Rocketman wrote:
Attitudefan wrote:
What did he do in DB that's different from Z?
He fought Goku, who at that time was the strongest fighter at Earth (until Daimao showed up), and won.
In DBZ his greatest feat was to slow Imperfect Cell down (and managed at most to let some saliva out of his mouth) and to kill a Saibaiman who was quite a bit weaker than him.
In fact, Kuririn had a better time to shine: He cut 2nd form Freeza's tail off. In conclusion, that one feat is the greatest a human has ever had in DBZ. Cutting a foes tail off.
In DB, Kuririn was acknowledged as a threat to Piccolo Jr., and I count that as a much greater feat.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:08 pm

What really bothered me is how he showed up to help Gohan fight Buu, and then, in one kick he was down and out! What the hell, he was one of the strongest in DB and then nothing, having Krillin outshine him every time.
Last edited by Attitudefan on Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:47 am

Attitudefan wrote:What really bothered me is how he showed up to help Gohan fight Buu, and then, in one kick he was down and out! What the hell, he was one of the strongest in DB and then nothing, having Krillin outshine him every time.
Fixed :wink:
I don't think Krillin outshines Tenshinhan at all actually. He started out with a higher power level and it is higher until Krillin receives his Guru powerup, and then noone knows if his pl without Kikoho is higher than Krillin's. But in the Cell arc, Tenshinhan is more useful against their enemies, than Krillin was, and in the Buu arc Krillin does nothing worth of mentioning, while Ten saved both the God of Earth and the Saviour of Earth, if he hadn't have been there then Kid Buu would have won, if Goku didn't manage to grab his sons, Trunks and Piccolo before "Kibitoshin" teleported them to the realm of Kaioshins.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:27 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Attitudefan wrote:What really bothered me is how he showed up to help Gohan fight Buu, and then, in one kick he was down and out! What the hell, he was one of the strongest in DB and then nothing, having Krillin outshine him every time.
Fixed :wink:
I don't think Krillin outshines Tenshinhan at all actually. He started out with a higher power level and it is higher until Krillin receives his Guru powerup, and then noone knows if his pl without Kikoho is higher than Krillin's. But in the Cell arc, Tenshinhan is more useful against their enemies, than Krillin was, and in the Buu arc Krillin does nothing worth of mentioning, while Ten saved both the God of Earth and the Saviour of Earth, if he hadn't have been there then Kid Buu would have won, if Goku didn't manage to grab his sons, Trunks and Piccolo before "Kibitoshin" teleported them to the realm of Kaioshins.
Okay, your right.
Now looking at it Ten did quite a bit, but still not enough.

Goten Forever
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Goten Forever » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:43 am

Hell, I agree.
Ten took down Goku then nothing happened.
He also beat Master Roshi.
In Z, he only died.
IN GT, WHERE THE HELL WAS HE?

In DB, Yamcha was originally equal to Goku. Of course, Goku being Goku, all he needed to do was eat.
Then he fights invisible dude, who surrendered, and the Mummy guy who sorta ccheated.
He loses to mummy guy.
The next we see of him, he nearly wins against Tenshinhan who thought him the strongest there-until he fought Goku.
I have no idea of any future fights apart from those he died in.
SON GOTEN FTW
except GT Goten
Especially after he went out with Paresu-chan

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:12 pm

So the humans get one good fight when they're introduced and then fall behind forever....exactly like everybody else who's not Goku (or to a much lesser extent, Gohan).

Goten Forever
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Goten Forever » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:22 pm

Rocketman wrote:So the humans get one good fight when they're introduced and then fall behind forever....exactly like everybody else who's not Goku (or to a much lesser extent, Gohan).
True. I hated how Gohan was at the Buu saga. His hair just turned spiky outta nowhere, it looked alright in Saiyaman Saga.
I also hate the Ultimate form.

And IMO Goku was cooler in DB than Z. They should have let Goten take over in GT if Gohan was that desperate to study :/ Goten is so kawaii but got little screen time.
SON GOTEN FTW
except GT Goten
Especially after he went out with Paresu-chan

Nippolyte
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nippolyte » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:44 pm

Broly - I enjoyed the first movie, but his other two movies were just overkill.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:22 am

EnmaDaiou wrote:I don't know what's the worse thing..
But I know things I don't like.

- Fillers (too much) and movies in general. Specially Brolly.
- GT
- DB Evolution
- DBWikipedia (and untrustable fansites in general)
That's interesting.

The worst certain was GT. It has the plot of a Pokémon episode, the fun of a Teletubbies episode, and the battles are as interesting as nothing... :roll:

Dragon Ball Evolution was just non-sense stuff... it's sooo non-sense that you can't connect it to Dragon Ball. You will never see arguments embased on this movie or discussions about if the story about it really exists. :roll: