Super possibly losing its timeslot or going on hiatus in March?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

emperior
I Live Here

Re: Super possibly losing its timeslot or going on hiatus in March?

Post by emperior » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:59 pm

Chuquita wrote:I'll wait until if it's confirmed later today to write a longer post, but man I wish we'd gotten one more Goku and friends vs a villain arc if this is the end. Tournaments are fine and all, but I wanted to see if they could top Rosé, imo.
You will most likely get your villain arc in the future. It just means that you will have to wait a little longer if Super goes on a hiatus, but if it happens you will probably get a well-produced villain arc, which could end up being a lot better than FT arc because better production could very well mean better writing, better storyboards, better direction and better art and animation. That is, of course, if Super going on a hiatus brings great benefits for its inevitable return.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:18 pm

emperior wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I'll wait until if it's confirmed later today to write a longer post, but man I wish we'd gotten one more Goku and friends vs a villain arc if this is the end. Tournaments are fine and all, but I wanted to see if they could top Rosé, imo.
You will most likely get your villain arc in the future. It just means that you will have to wait a little longer if Super goes on a hiatus, but if it happens you will probably get a well-produced villain arc, which could end up being a lot better than FT arc because better production could very well mean better writing, better storyboards, better direction and better art and animation. That is, of course, if Super going on a hiatus brings great benefits for its inevitable return.
Or Toei put the staff who get freed up on other projects.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:25 pm

You guys ready? We should know what this project is my late tonight or early tomorrow and I'm using Eastern Standard Time
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:44 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:You guys ready? We should know what this project is my late tonight or early tomorrow and I'm using Eastern Standard Time
Its almost 4am in Japan, so I guess something should pop up in the next 5 hours.... if the news won't be released in the evening there.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:49 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:You guys ready? We should know what this project is my late tonight or early tomorrow and I'm using Eastern Standard Time
The updates to their twitter page have been happening ~7-8pm CST for me, So with any luck it'll be within the next six hours. We're gonna feel like a bunch of dummies if it's nothing. :lol:

Or worst case, they'll announce it's a tv anime airing in April but not when or where! :o

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:07 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:We're gonna feel like a bunch of dummies if it's nothing. :lol:
This is probably what's going to happen based on our "reactions" on previews. We think we know everything then end up looking stupid when we read too much into them.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Sykin

Post by Sykin » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:21 pm

I like how opinions in this thread have went from
"Toei would never put Super on hiatus!"
to
"Toei might put it on hiatus and bring it back in 2019!"
to
"Toei is literally killing Super and it's never coming back."

I know it's not the same people saying these things but it's pretty funny to see the wide range of differing opinions.

IntoTheFire
Beyond Newbie

Post by IntoTheFire » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:53 pm

I am confused about something. If it does turn out that Kitaro is going to be a tv series is it really a done deal that Super is going on a hiatus?

And also where does the belief that if there is a hiatus it would be a good thing for Super and allow it to improve come from? Couldn't it just as easily happen that they would focus on other shows and movies in the hiatus period and not pay special attention to Super ?
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:02 pm

IntoTheFire wrote:I am confused about something. If it does turn out that Kitaro is going to be a tv series is it really a done deal that Super is going on a hiatus?

And also where does the belief that if there is a hiatus it would be a good thing for Super and allow it to improve come from? Couldn't it just as easily happen that they would focus on other shows and movies in the hiatus period and not pay special attention to Super ?
No. Even if Kitaro does announce a new anime the future of DBS and any potential hiatus will still up in the air until Toei say something, which what I'm still worried about.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:05 pm

IntoTheFire wrote:I am confused about something. If it does turn out that Kitaro is going to be a tv series is it really a done deal that Super is going on a hiatus?

Where does the belief that if there is a hiatus it would be a good thing for Super and allow it to improve come from? Couldn't it just as easily happen that they would focus on other shows and movies in the hiatus period and not pay special attention to Super ?
It will be if Kitaro is announced to air in Super's timeslot but even then, Super could just move so we'll have to wait and see.

They could do that and most likely will but unlike when it started, they'll know ahead of time that it's coming back and will be able to prepare for it which should prevent it from being as bad as it started.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:13 pm

Because the main problem in Super production is the schedule and Toei is paying twice as much as they should because of it. Plus they have a Dragon Ball Movie that they need to work on and they need their resources to be free for use. A hiatus would help both problems
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:24 pm

Welp it's confirmed. No hiatus either, all up in the air.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:25 pm

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:28 pm

Damn, I guess it's true
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Universe 7 loses, end of DB.

(I’m joking)
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:31 pm

Guess we just gotta enjoy these next few months.

This seriously sucks means the arc is gonna resolve pretty crappily, wanted more than just the ToP. Oh well.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:31 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:ITS CONFIRMED!!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 3044675584
And we are done here.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:33 pm

omae wa mou shindeiru
Feels over Reals.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:36 pm

RedHeat wrote:

omae wa mou shindeiru
Owari da

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:37 pm

It confirms Freeza will be trolled again after all that hype but I guess it was Toei stuff again.