Camera Pans!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Camera Pans!

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun May 19, 2013 3:53 am

What is the footage source for that? It looks too naturally colored and fuzzy to be the old FUNi single DVDs, and it sure as hell ain't the Dragon Boxes. It looks like it was from footage recorded on some Japanese broadcast.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sun May 19, 2013 11:28 am

Metalwario64 wrote:What is the footage source for that? It looks too naturally colored and fuzzy to be the old FUNi single DVDs, and it sure as hell ain't the Dragon Boxes. It looks like it was from footage recorded on some Japanese broadcast.
It' s from Fuji's TV rebroadcasts ^^

Another one

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sun May 19, 2013 9:42 pm

Is it just me or does Trunks look a few years older than he should be?
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Wed May 22, 2013 4:44 pm

your right! He does! :shock:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Wed May 22, 2013 5:01 pm

Really love that Kid Buu pan.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed May 22, 2013 6:15 pm

I would too... if it weren't so horribly filtered and devoid of detail. Why is Boo in it twice as well?
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Wed May 22, 2013 7:52 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:I would too... if it weren't so horribly filtered and devoid of detail. Why is Boo in it twice as well?
Boo's in it twice cause that's how the pan played out

Here's a proper Dbox version

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:51 am

Last edited by kei17 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:42 am

This is a great thread. I always wanted to do this, but just never got around to it, or could never remember when the best scenes to do happened in the series.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:50 am

The island where Android 19 and 20 appeared:

Image Image

ImageImage

RocktheDragon
Regular

Post by RocktheDragon » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:58 am

Gonstead wrote:Is it just me or does Trunks look a few years older than he should be?
It may just be the angle of the shot but I would agree with you.
Kyle Broflovski wrote:It's all real. Think about it. Haven't Luke Skywalker and Santa Claus affected your lives more than most real people in this room? I mean, whether Jesus is real or not, he - he's had a bigger impact on the world than any of us have. And the same can be said for Bugs Bunny and - and Superman and Harry Potter. They've changed my life - changed the way I act on the earth. Doesn't that make them kind of real? They might be imaginary but, but they're more important than most of us here. And they're all gonna be around here long after we're dead. So, in a way, those things are more realer than any of us.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:50 pm

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:15 pm

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:21 pm

kei17 wrote:Image
To this day, I cant look at that Piccolo face without cracking up.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:24 pm

Cracking up :eh:
Because of his slightly surprised look?
I think he looks terrifying regardless. This is DBZ M1 right or is it M2?

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:33 pm

dbgtFO wrote:Cracking up :eh:
Because of his slightly surprised look?
I think he looks terrifying regardless. This is DBZ M1 right or is it M2?
I should have been more specific. Talking about this

Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:19 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote: I should have been more specific. Talking about this
Back then, the whole intro of this movie was censored in France, on the VHS.
It is suspected that it was because of that specific shot, probably considered as being potentially terrifying for kids.
(Other theories are that it was not to show kids the possibility of being a group of persons to beat up one - though good guys do this all the time against the bad guys -, or that the scene was not actually censored but accidentally not included on the VHS master, therefore having the movie start at the opening).

The "superb" translation for the dub back then - revealed for the first time through the recent movies boxes - had God saying that Piccolo was now dead, and his murderer was likely Goku. :? Ah, that God, making everyone believe that killing Piccolo would instantly kill him too... :roll: And that Goku, always sparing lives to just suddenly come back and kill them when he feels like it years later... :roll:

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:34 pm

Probably for good reason, because it scared the crap out of my son when I popped this in. Yeah...that face is not the best way to start out a movie. Whats worse is that I'm still laughing about it.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:53 pm

Cold Skin wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote: I should have been more specific. Talking about this
Back then, the whole intro of this movie was censored in France, on the VHS.
It is suspected that it was because of that specific shot, probably considered as being potentially terrifying for kids.
(Other theories are that it was not to show kids the possibility of being a group of persons to beat up one - though good guys do this all the time against the bad guys -, or that the scene was not actually censored but accidentally not included on the VHS master, therefore having the movie start at the opening).

The "superb" translation for the dub back then - revealed for the first time through the recent movies boxes - had God saying that Piccolo was now dead, and his murderer was likely Goku. :? Ah, that God, making everyone believe that killing Piccolo would instantly kill him too... :roll: And that Goku, always sparing lives to just suddenly come back and kill them when he feels like it years later... :roll:
If I had to guess, it was an error for the VHS release, because the Portuguese dub always had that scene and the dialogue is the same as the French one.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:22 pm

That specific shot with Scott McNeil screaming his guts out freaked me out at first but on subsequent views of the film it started to get me pumped up and ready to see people kick some ass. Still my favourite film from the franchise. Best art style, neat and original story with some kickass martial arts fights. So awesome. A bonus is that this is the only film, no, THE ONLY ANIMATED STORY of Dragonball that looks like it's opening (Cha La Head Cha La). The rest of the series looks nothing like its opening (regarding just the DBZ portion since Makafushigi Adventure has a different style and the animated episodes and movies prior to Z look the same as the opening).
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada