"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

incarnati0n
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by incarnati0n » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:39 pm

Grimlock wrote:This constant Gohan's change of hair is beyond my comprehension. Sometimes he has bang, sometimes he has not. If only the bang appeared when he's transformed, but in the tournament exhibition, his Potential Unleashed was activated but he had no bang. Now he has it. :|
The middle part of the preview where he has the bang will be by the end of the episode as it was during the day again, all the rest that was shown where he didn't have it will all come before he unlocks mystic again.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:40 pm

kinisking wrote:Gohan wasn't ultimate Gohan during the prelims, he's just now becoming ultimate Gohan . It seems like it pops up when he transforms.
Yes he was, it was announced when they said "Gohan is back" and such, there was even an image of him without the bang. In the preview, he is seen with bang in one shot and without it in another. This is nuts.
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:43 pm

Grimlock wrote:
kinisking wrote:Gohan wasn't ultimate Gohan during the prelims, he's just now becoming ultimate Gohan . It seems like it pops up when he transforms.
Yes he was, it was announced when they said "Gohan is back" and such, there was even an image of him without the bang. In the preview, he is seen with bang in one shot and without it in another. This is nuts.
He wasn't ultimate in the exhibition. The only shots with him without the bang in the NEP are at night when they first start training, the shots of him with the bang are during the day when Gohan is already covered in scratches from training.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:44 pm

Grimlock wrote:
That blip of text was spoiling it's return in the arc. It didn't mean he had it since the beginning of the arc. If he did, there would be no reason for Piccolo to be calling him weak and then saying his power will return. He'll get ultimate again next episode. The previews are also out of order so he'll have the bang by the end of the episode, but not at the beginning. The shots of him without it are before he becomes ultimate. The only time it's been inconsistent is episode 67.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:48 pm

Judging very hastily, from the preview it looks like Piccolo will give base Gohan and Super Saiyan Gohan a hard time, and then the (Ultimate?) Gohan with the bang will smack around Piccolo's copies in a Neo vs. Smith fashion.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:55 pm

The episode threads being locked until the simulcast and/or Herms' summary is released is not an invitation to post your reactions in here instead.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

IKevinX
Not-So-Newbie

Post by IKevinX » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:49 pm

Episode 90 title [spoiler]Goku x Gohan
Overcoming the wall

That makes two episodes in a row focused on Gohan getting stronger.
First the Ultimate Gohan bang and now it seems to make an allusion to the wall of gods. Or at least the wall they keep mentioning in the intros.[/spoiler]
Playlist for my Deep Look series on DBS. Analysis Manga+Anime
Playlist for my Top 7 Best moments on DBS, per arc.

Awesome Goku Black Tribute
Goku SSJ4 vs Goku SSJ God

I don't know why Jpn loves the first Broly movies given then enormous amount of parodies, but I've come to love them aswell, hence the Paragus.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -You know who. (Not Voldemort)

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:13 pm

IKevinX wrote:Episode 90 title [spoiler]Goku x Gohan
Overcoming the wall

First the Ultimate Gohan bang and now it seems to make an allusion to the wall of gods. Or at least the wall they keep mentioning in the intros.[/spoiler]
There is an episode between the two Gohan ones.

IKevinX
Not-So-Newbie

Post by IKevinX » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:40 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
IKevinX wrote:Episode 90 title [spoiler]Goku x Gohan
Overcoming the wall

There is an episode between the two Gohan ones.
Totally forgot about Tien/Roshi. Wouldn't be the first time though.
But still two Gohan episodes. And seems to be the last one before the tournament begins. So hopefully we will stop getting those X hours left until it begins.
Playlist for my Deep Look series on DBS. Analysis Manga+Anime
Playlist for my Top 7 Best moments on DBS, per arc.

Awesome Goku Black Tribute
Goku SSJ4 vs Goku SSJ God

I don't know why Jpn loves the first Broly movies given then enormous amount of parodies, but I've come to love them aswell, hence the Paragus.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -You know who. (Not Voldemort)

Arg
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arg » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:33 am

kinisking wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
That blip of text was spoiling it's return in the arc. It didn't mean he had it since the beginning of the arc. If he did, there would be no reason for Piccolo to be calling him weak and then saying his power will return. He'll get ultimate again next episode. The previews are also out of order so he'll have the bang by the end of the episode, but not at the beginning. The shots of him without it are before he becomes ultimate. The only time it's been inconsistent is episode 67.
That sums it all up.

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:29 am

When I saw the trailer part in which Gohan charges up, I thought if he initially could go SSJ3 for the first time, dunno why but doesn't look like a Mystic trsnsformation process to me, maybe I'm wrong tho :lol:

Btw, i really loved this episode, not for the animation or overall quality theirselves, but for its contents

Touching moments, 17 charaterized greatly, and, first and most important, LOTS and LOTS of past series and episodes

Foes gone on Z team like piccolo and Tien, Cell arc references etc.
And Goku finally looked more mature
When I heard 17 will leave his Island to trunks and Goten i partied :lol: very happy for this, maybe will help to raise their responsibility sense
When goku in the nep trailer says " piccolo, you're going to enter the tournament too, aren 't you?!" i had that feeling again(some of the members showed could not partecipate at the last minute) but again, it's only a feeling of mine, so don' t care too much guys

The thing that surprised me the most was Cell references
Yesterday I saw some of you guys say this arc reproposed lots of Cell arc moments, and shortly after we had another Cell reference, and an announcement of a Goku x gohan episode, I had my mouth open for a while lol

Could this arc really end with gohan saving the day again, like you proposed?!

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:38 am

What if Ikari is unlocked next episode and after it Goku shows him to master Blue

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:44 am

LowRyder2005 wrote:Judging very hastily, from the preview it looks like Piccolo will give base Gohan and Super Saiyan Gohan a hard time, and then the (Ultimate?) Gohan with the bang will smack around Piccolo's copies in a Neo vs. Smith fashion.
What needs to happen is that Gohan power ups and charges Piccolo but then we see a shot of Piccolo stopping Gohan's punch with ease and the camera moves up to reveal Piccolo in his new red eyed form. Piccolo then says 'you still have much to learn'. Now wouldn't that be great?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:52 am

Kishido wrote:What if Ikari is unlocked next episode and after it Goku shows him to master Blue
If they are making him train to ultimate first, them also dedicating one more full episode of goku and gohan fighting naming it breaking walls or what not, it can be easily assumed gohan is getting a taste of that god ki..
It pretty obvious that's gonna happen with how they put it..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:02 am

Kishido wrote:What if Ikari is unlocked next episode and after it Goku shows him to master Blue
Imo will have God ultimate: ultimate gohan with blueish ki maybe, and God tier powers
No blue hair at all

Arg
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arg » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:13 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
LowRyder2005 wrote:Judging very hastily, from the preview it looks like Piccolo will give base Gohan and Super Saiyan Gohan a hard time, and then the (Ultimate?) Gohan with the bang will smack around Piccolo's copies in a Neo vs. Smith fashion.
What needs to happen is that Gohan power ups and charges Piccolo but then we see a shot of Piccolo stopping Gohan's punch with ease and the camera moves up to reveal Piccolo in his new red eyed form. Piccolo then says 'you still have much to learn'. Now wouldn't that be great?
Doesn't look like Piccolo is getting any god form whatsoever, like they gave up on comming up with a decent design for it besides a recolor and are just treating him without his weights as a "form".

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:16 am

What gives me a buit of hope is that in the preview he is Ultimate more or less at the start while at the end you see him in Super Saiyan... at least it looks like it

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:28 am

This Piccolo Gohan thing was happening the same time as the #17 and Goku thing correct?

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:41 am

If the provisional title for episode 92 is correct and there's a chance someone won't appear to the departure for the Tournament of Power I wouldn't care if Yamcha was taking Roshi's place, he already shined in RoF. Buu is an essence, he deserves more than just the exhibition fight against Basil.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:44 am

Arg wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Doesn't look like Piccolo is getting any god form whatsoever, like they gave up on comming up with a decent design for it besides a recolor and are just treating him without his weights as a "form".
It what be a great surpirse for the episode though and Piccolo has got stronger already based on that preview.