Kai Episode 14 (05 July 2009)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:56 pm

And did that scene even have any flashing light problems? I think that was just the Kamehameha/Gyarikku Ho- struggle scene.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:34 pm

Well, they took out a fucking shit load of strobe light effects. This scene was full of them. It starts at about 38 seconds...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6BnzTAQbyA

And you're just asking for a seizure at 1:42 :lol:

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:38 pm

It's definitely less flashy, obviously we owe it to Pokemon. :P

What is up with the pronunciation in that video? :?

biohazard
Not-So-Newbie

Post by biohazard » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:37 pm

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:And did that scene even have any flashing light problems? I think that was just the Kamehameha/Gyarikku Ho- struggle scene.
Yes, it has some slightly flash effects.
Maybe they are reanimating all scenes with slight or heavy flashing effects, just as a preventive measure. But since that escene from the screencaps has slight flashes perhaps they forgot to replace the old frames with the redrawn ones.
That's why I thought that Toei replacincing flashing frames only for the TV version could be a possibility.
This would make me happy because the reanimated scenes have lost intensity, the colours doesn't match with the rest of the episode, and they have too blurred backgrounds...

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:01 pm

This just made me realize, they're gonna have to reanimate the entire Kamehameha struggle in the Cell Games, assuming they go that far :(

-Corey

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:49 pm

Hujio wrote: And as far as some of your logic is concerned, I have to agree with Chibi Mystic Gohan, I don't follow. How would it imply that the re-animated material was only for the TV broadcast because of the "Pokémon syndrome"? The recap itself shows the unaltered version of this scene, so wouldn't that logically contradict that statement? If they were trying to avoid the "Pokémon syndrome", why would they show the scene that could possibly cause "Pokémon syndrome" in the recap but show it re-animated in the previous episode?
What is Pokemon syndrome?
Last edited by DragonBalllKaiHD on Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:11 am

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:What is Pokemon syndrome?
It's a reference to a scene from Pokemon's TV broadcast that uncluded a lot of flashing lights and swept the nation of Japan, instilling seizures in the bodies of all of the children that were watching the episode. Something like that. Google it for more accurate info.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:49 am

If the scenes were redrawn solely because of the Pokemon incident then wouldn't selling the Dragon Boxes unaltered defeat that purpose?

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:23 am

alakazam^ wrote:If the scenes were redrawn solely because of the Pokemon incident then wouldn't selling the Dragon Boxes unaltered defeat that purpose?
I think they only do that for new TV series. They can sell whatever they want on DVD.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:54 pm

alakazam^ wrote:If the scenes were redrawn solely because of the Pokemon incident then wouldn't selling the Dragon Boxes unaltered defeat that purpose?
Broadcast and home release standards are probably different.

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:11 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:
To put it simple.....

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:46 pm

Son Wukong wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:
To put it simple.....
:lol:

I know all about Pokemon episode that caused "children blackout" back in 1997. Sadly, that episode was never released outside Japan. Man, I missed so many Pokemon episodes since Orange Island arc. :cry: I can't even keep them up now.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:47 am

Vino wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote:
Vino wrote:I switched the Audio of Kai with Z, damn that was hard to sync all of the voices :x
You want to maybe upload some clips of that concoction of yours to YouTube or something? :D
I did..the Kamehameha scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoiJDZMwkrE
The acting in Z was so much better..

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:57 am

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:
Son Wukong wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:
To put it simple.....
:lol:

I know all about Pokemon episode that caused "children blackout" back in 1997. Sadly, that episode was never released outside Japan. Man, I missed so many Pokemon episodes since Orange Island arc. :cry: I can't even keep them up now.
Protip: You can skip Johto it was shit.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:12 am

NeptuneKai wrote:Protip: You can skip Johto it was shit.
The dub had the best Christian-rock sounding intro. "It's a whole new world we live in! It's a brand new place with a brand new attitude!" :lol:

Still doesn't beat the 80's ballad intro of Kanto.

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:42 am

What was wrong with Johto? I guess the only thing you could say that was bad in it was the fact that it kept the same lot of companions (well, Takeshi came back).

Pain
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Pain » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:44 am

This Has Been:Who Cares About Kai?! Let's Talk About Pokemon, You N00d!, with the Daizex Gang!

But seriously, I felt that this episode was a awkward to watch as the other 13. :?
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:06 am

jda95 wrote:
What was wrong with Johto? I guess the only thing you could say that was bad in it was the fact that it kept the same lot of companions (well, Takeshi came back).
Over 9,000 boring, filler "character of the day" episodes that didn't relate to any events in the games. The Johto Pokemon were also majorly undeveloped which apparently the writers thought so too when they said "screw this crap" and brought back the Kanto starters for Ash to use for the remainder of the show.

What does this have to do with Dragonball Kai you may ask? Well Dragonball Kai doesn't have nearly as much filler as the Johto season of Pokemon which I appreciate.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:53 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:
jda95 wrote:
Over 9,000 boring, filler "character of the day" episodes that didn't relate to any events in the games. The Johto Pokemon were also majorly undeveloped which apparently the writers thought so too when they said "screw this crap" and brought back the Kanto starters for Ash to use for the remainder of the show.

What does this have to do with Dragonball Kai you may ask? Well Dragonball Kai doesn't have nearly as much filler as the Johto season of Pokemon which I appreciate.
How about Hoenn and Sinnoh? There were pretty good Pokemon. I, other hand, thought Johto was awesome. Honestly, I really wish I should have kept Gold, Silver and Crystal versions because it's classic. Unfortunately, my Silver was crashed after laying in my mom's bed for few months after searching for a long time. Currently, I own Diamond and Platinum versions. I left Sapphire and Emerald back at my old house when I was moving to Texas. What was I thinking!?

Anyway, the source accounced that there will be updated version of Gold and Silver, retitled "HeartGold" and "SoulSilver" that will be released in Japan in Fall 2009. I'm so going to buy it.

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:58 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:
NeptuneKai wrote:
jda95 wrote: What was wrong with Johto? I guess the only thing you could say that was bad in it was the fact that it kept the same lot of companions (well, Takeshi came back).

How about Hoenn and Sinnoh? There were pretty good Pokemon. I, other hand, thought Johto was awesome. Honestly, I really wish I should have kept Gold, Silver and Crystal versions because it's classic. Unfortunately, my Silver was crashed after laying in my mom's bed for few months after searching for a long time. Currently, I own Diamond and Platinum versions. I left Sapphire and Emerald back at my old house when I was moving to Texas. What was I thinking!?

Anyway, the source accounced that there will be updated version of Gold and Silver, retitled "HeartGold" and "SoulSilver" that will be released in Japan in Fall 2009. I'm so going to buy it.
If you're talking about the dub of Sinnoh being good, you have been drinking heavy ammounts of acid. I can tolerate Hoenn (and hot May <3). Kanto ROCKED AND ROLLED. And Johto was good. Movies up to Latias And Latios were good.