Here, have some high level Super DBZ tournament footage.

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Re: Here, have some high level Super DBZ tournament footage.

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:45 am

It's all a matter of taste and opinions, I prefer UB22 and FB over SDBZ. Don't take it so personally.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:59 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:It's all a matter of taste and opinions, I prefer UB22 and FB over SDBZ. Don't take it so personally.
It's only strange because Final Bout is an objectively broken game. The hit detection does not work, and the controls fail a good portion of the time.

In a comparison between that type of product and one that received an initial arcade run and lengthy test before a home release (which also happened to be created by one of the genre's grandfathers), it's incredibly strange to go with the former.

Don't misunderstand -- you're allowed to like whatever you want to like, but to pretend Final Bout has much going for it other than a soundtrack is at best naive and at worst stubborn just for the sake of being stubborn about it.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Iced

Post by Iced » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:09 pm

I admin an indie fighting game forum.I am not taking it personally, it just baffles me, how you could prefer the gameplay of both games, one objectively broken, the other a downgrade from a saturn game, that was nigh umplayable.

To each their own, I guess. It is still a shame that the fans aim more towards the tenkaichi type of games, while those are bought yearly, you will always have more of the same.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:41 pm

Iced wrote:I admin an indie fighting game forum.I am not taking it personally, it just baffles me, how you could prefer the gameplay of both games, one objectively broken, the other a downgrade from a saturn game, that was nigh umplayable.

To each their own, I guess. It is still a shame that the fans aim more towards the tenkaichi type of games, while those are bought yearly, you will always have more of the same.
I don't consider myself a fan of Sparking/Tenkaichi gameplay, I do however really enjoy Raging Blast 2's gameplay and Dimps' Shin Budokai, Burst Limit and the Budokai series.

Never played DBZ Legends, but guess it's a great game, plus the more antique ones, like on SNES and Sega Mega Drive.

Hard to find a copy of DBZ on SMD. :?
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:51 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:I don't consider myself a fan of Sparking/Tenkaichi gameplay, I do however really enjoy Raging Blast 2's gameplay
The gameplay is basically the same between the Sparking! series and the Raging Blast series. I don't understand how can you prefer one over the other.

Iced

Post by Iced » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:56 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote: I don't consider myself a fan of Sparking/Tenkaichi gameplay, I do however really enjoy Raging Blast 2's gameplay and Dimps' Shin Budokai, Burst Limit and the Budokai series.

Hard to find a copy of DBZ on SMD. :?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij6tXudy ... ure=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9UrgVVdJRI

Seriously?! How can you really enjoy a game's gameplay that has gameplay you dont consider yourself a fan of?

Most of the butodens and hyper dimension were good games, i have no idea about the recent butoden with the chibi heads tho.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:36 pm

DNA wrote:The gameplay is basically the same between the Sparking! series and the Raging Blast series. I don't understand how can you prefer one over the other.
Raging Blast > Sparking!

Simply because Spike improved a whole better the gameplay on the Raging Blast series, specifically the second, well, at least for me it did.
Iced wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij6tXudy ... ure=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9UrgVVdJRI

Seriously?! How can you really enjoy a game's gameplay that has gameplay you dont consider yourself a fan of?

Most of the butodens and hyper dimension were good games, i have no idea about the recent butoden with the chibi heads tho.
I'm not fan of the game/gameplay because it's still not exactly what I want, RB2's gameplay is great, tonload of characters to play (100) but the online mode is still a disgrace.

What I truly want? This.

I don't even care about featuring a DBZ story mode, if I did, I probably wouldn't have bought RB2.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:07 am

Have you played Tenkaichi Tag Team? I'm still not clear on exactly what you like or what your fighting game preferences are but it sounds like you would like that game...I think? In any case, I need to pick up Super DBZ again; now that my friends have gotten back into fighting games I think I might be able to find some competition.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:21 am

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:Have you played Tenkaichi Tag Team? I'm still not clear on exactly what you like or what your fighting game preferences are but it sounds like you would like that game...I think? In any case, I need to pick up Super DBZ again; now that my friends have gotten back into fighting games I think I might be able to find some competition.
No I haven't but it looks like a degraded version.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Iced

Post by Iced » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:47 pm

Based on your last posts I believe you might have a case of not knowing what the word gameplay means.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:40 pm

Iced wrote:Based on your last posts I believe you might have a case of not knowing what the word gameplay means.
Iced, look I see you don't agree with my preferences and that's fine, but let's stop here. No need to go offtopic.

I don't like SDBZ's gameplay, period.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:09 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:Iced, look I see you don't agree with my preferences and that's fine, but let's stop here. No need to go offtopic.

I don't see how Iced was being off-topic there since we were discussing the gameplay from various games, and mostly comparing them to Super Dragon Ball Z's gameplay. What I think is, since he disagrees with you and you want to have the last word you call for an end of discussion.

It is fine if you don't like something, it's just that you don't seem to justify very well your liking of others. I agree with Iced in you not knowing exactly what gameplay is, since you state that Raging Blast is so different from Sparking! even though both series use the exact same engine with some added mechanics. Again, it's fine if you like them, it's just that you don't really seem to know exactly what you are talking about.

Also, I'm sorry but, like others have pointed, you appear to like Final Bout, a game that doesn't even play right and Ultimate Battle 22 a, like you have put it about another game, "degraded" version of the better game Shin Butoden. So... Honestly? I don't think your opinion in this subject matters much my friend. No offence.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:20 pm

I concur I did not clearly explain why A was better than B and that my opinion doesn't really matter. It's fine. No biggie.

Bye. :)
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:24 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Iced wrote:Based on your last posts I believe you might have a case of not knowing what the word gameplay means.
Iced, look I see you don't agree with my preferences and that's fine, but let's stop here. No need to go offtopic.

Look, not trying to beat an already dead horse but if there is anyone here going off topic it was you. This thread was originally made to show off some Super Dragonball Z tournament footage not to talk about which game was better or why you don't like Super Dragonball Z. However, no one seemed to mind comparing games so I don't think you can call the conversation between you and Iced off topic. After watching this little back and forth I find it kind of funny that you would come here object to the topic and not expect people to question your opinion(especially since the thread originally wasn't designed for that in the first place). You don't have to like Super DBZ, a lot of people on here don't, it's cool. I think what most people find puzzling is why you prefer Final Bout and Ultimate Battles 22 over the game. Again, it's totally cool if you do, you just haven't explained and I think that's whats confusing people. If you want to make a new topic about it, I'd like to hear why. Personally I've never played Final Bought so any sort of topic on the game would be interesting.

As for Tag Vs. it looks like it plays just like Zenkai Battle Royal(though I can't say I've played that game since it's only in Japanese arcades). If that is the type of gameplay you like, Tag Vs sounds like the most fun you'd get out of a game. I recommend you check it out.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?