Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by sangofe » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:33 am

Dr. Machismo wrote:
sangofe wrote:Dr. Machismo: why do you feel the need to bash fan creations? I honestly don't see the nessicity of writing negative things like this. Is it because you hate it and want the author to stop? Is it because you're jealous? I'm just thankful someone draws new Dragonball related stuff when Toriyama and Toei don't wanna do it even if it's not perfect.
It's called constructive criticism. I'm just expressing my opinion on this dude's work.
Is it? You're not really saying how you think he could improve. You're just trying to point out how much he's copied others from what I read. By critisizing constructively, you say how you think certain things could have been changed, and what, with generally giving a few examples on how. And honestly, I haven't seen much of this in your posts. Plus, to give constructive criticism on a comic, you'd need to be an artist. Are you one? Have you drawn anything? Have you made any stories?

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:39 am

Dr. Machismo wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote: The overall pictures includes everything he has done. Overall his track record still says
What's your point? He didn't copy as much as this dude, so his work is better and doesn't deserve the same amount of criticism. Copying drawings still is bad.
Oh dude! DUDE! He still copied. Once again if I steal less food than my partner I should get less trouble? Seems legit.
In many scenarios, the extent of the crime you commit can be proportional to the amount of punishment you get. If I stole $1 from someone while some other dude stole like a million, I'd probably get less of a punishment.
So Vegeta being mind controlled 24/7 blows more than SSJ23 and a Saiyan every arc?
Why are you bringing this up? It's irrelevant.
1. That's the point. HE STILL copied. Copying is copying.

2. Stealing is stealing. Copying is copying.

3. You brought it up.

Dr. Machismo
Banned

Post by Dr. Machismo » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:47 am

1. But not to the extent of this dude.
2. So what? If one fancomic copies and steals less than another one, it's a better fancomic.
3. No, you did. I only brought up Vegeta being mind controlled. You're bringing up this SS23 **** and Saiyan every arc stuff.
The world's greatest.

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:57 am

sangofe wrote:Is it? You're not really saying how you think he could improve. You're just trying to point out how much he's copied others from what I read. By critisizing constructively, you say how you think certain things could have been changed, and what, with generally giving a few examples on how. And honestly, I haven't seen much of this in your posts. Plus, to give constructive criticism on a comic, you'd need to be an artist. Are you one? Have you drawn anything? Have you made any stories?
Woah, hold up. I do not find his posts particularly contributive either(and I think he could express his concerns a bit less rudely to boot), but let's not play THAT card. Actual experience can help one give better and more insightful criticism to others, but that doesn't mean those who haven't actually produced their own works are incapable of or barred from lending their own ideas and thoughts which can be just as helpful.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:00 am

Dr. Machismo wrote:1. But not to the extent of this dude.
2. So what? If one fancomic copies and steals less than another one, it's a better fancomic.
3. No, you did. I only brought up Vegeta being mind controlled. You're bringing up this SS23 **** and Saiyan every arc stuff.

1. STILL STEALING/COPYING. If you steal/copy you're a thief. No matter what extent. You're still one.

2. Not really. If the one that steals have a better plot I'm be ashamed that it stole some drawings but admit the manga is better. If the one that steals less has a bad plot that auto makes it better? No. Still it should't matter how much they stole. They STOLE.

3. Then you replied saying it still blows which causes me to reply.

Dr. Machismo
Banned

Post by Dr. Machismo » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:18 am

Is it? You're not really saying how you think he could improve. You're just trying to point out how much he's copied others from what I read. By critisizing constructively, you say how you think certain things could have been changed, and what, with generally giving a few examples on how. And honestly, I haven't seen much of this in your posts. Plus, to give constructive criticism on a comic, you'd need to be an artist. Are you one? Have you drawn anything? Have you made any stories?
I'm mainly expressing what I dislike from this comic, but there's nothing wrong with that. I don't have to state how I think he can improve. If this guy asked for some advice, the
1. STILL STEALING/COPYING. If you steal/copy you're a thief. No matter what extent. You're still one.
What's your point? A person who steals a couple of kit-kats isn't as bad as someone who steals a million dollars.
2. Not really. If the one that steals have a better plot I'm be ashamed that it stole some drawings but admit the manga is better. If the one that steals less has a bad plot that auto makes it better? No. Still it should't matter how much they stole. They STOLE.
The fact that the one stole LESS makes it better to read than the one that stole MORE. It has less of something that's bad, so its' better. I'm not saying it makes stealing OK or anything.
3. Then you replied saying it still blows which causes me to reply.
I don't see what you mean, but whatever. This is such a pointless debate we're having.
The world's greatest.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:24 am

I don't see what you mean, but whatever. This is such a pointless debate we're having.
Can't read what you wrote?
The fact that the one stole LESS makes it better to read than the one that stole MORE. It has less of something that's bad, so its' better. I'm not saying it makes stealing OK or anything.
I've been saying that stealing is not good. What I'm saying no matter the amount. Stealing is stealing.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:26 am

People who steal ideas can still have an overall better story than a shitty original story or one that steals less. Stealing stuff still makes the stealer look like an un-creative asshole.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Dr. Machismo
Banned

Post by Dr. Machismo » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:35 am

TheGmGoken wrote: Can't read what you wrote?
No, I didn't understand what you meant.
I've been saying that stealing is not good. What I'm saying no matter the amount. Stealing is stealing.
OK, what's your point? I'm not debating against that. I'm saying that since artists like Toyble and Gogeta copied less, they have an advantage over this dude, who copies a whole bunch.
The world's greatest.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:39 am

Dr. Machismo wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote: Can't read what you wrote?
No, I didn't understand what you meant.
OK, what's your point? I'm not debating against that. I'm saying that since artists like Toyble and Gogeta copied less, they have an advantage over this dude, who copies a whole bunch.
1. You replied saying "It still blows". Which led me to reply saying it blows over SSJ23 and New Saiyans.

2. Advantage? You do realize if the plot is great people will still read. All 3 of them stole at some point. No Advantage. Advantage would be starting early and getting a great fan-base before every fanfic does. Most people don't even care that they stole. Some won't even notice.

Dr. Machismo
Banned

Post by Dr. Machismo » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:41 am

TheGmGoken wrote: 1. You replied saying "It still blows". Which led me to reply saying it blows over SSJ23 and New Saiyans.
SSJ23 and New Saiyans have nothing to do with this.
2. Advantage? You do realize if the plot is great people will still read. All 3 of them stole at some point. No Advantage. Advantage would be starting early and getting a great fan-base before every fanfic does. Most people don't even care that they stole. Some won't even notice.
Their advantage is that they stole LESS. If you have a less of a bad thing than someone else, you have an advantage of some sort. I already mentioned my problems with the plot of this comic.
The world's greatest.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:44 am

Dr. Machismo wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote: 1. You replied saying "It still blows". Which led me to reply saying it blows over SSJ23 and New Saiyans.
SSJ23 and New Saiyans have nothing to do with this.
Their advantage is that they stole LESS. If you have a less of a bad thing than someone else, you have an advantage of some sort. I already mentioned my problems with the plot of this comic.
1. *Sigh*. I was making a comparison. You know....an analogy. You complain that Vegeta mind was getting control to much,. So you know. I COMPARED

2. Not everyone knows he stole. I hope you know that. Not everyone is a hardcore fan. MOST fans are more causal. They might not know they stole so they keep reading or quite frankly they don't give a shit. Not an advantage.

Dr. Machismo
Banned

Post by Dr. Machismo » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:47 am

TheGmGoken wrote:1. *Sigh*. I was making a comparison. You know....an analogy. You complain that Vegeta mind was getting control to much,. So you know. I COMPARED
I don't see the point in doing that. Vegeta getting possessed again sucks. SS23 sucks. New Saiyans suck. What's your point?
2. Not everyone knows he stole. I hope you know that. Not everyone is a hardcore fan. MOST fans are more causal. They might not know they stole so they keep reading or quite frankly they don't give a shit. Not an advantage.
This means nothing. He stole more than the other guys, he has a disadvantage. Other guys stole less, they have an advantage.
The world's greatest.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:50 am

As long as something is really enjoyable than there isn't really a disadvantage. The only disadvantage is if this becomes the only thing someone can do. As long as things are built upon properly and don't become the main focus, then most people won't care.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:52 am

Dr. Machismo wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:1. *Sigh*. I was making a comparison. You know....an analogy. You complain that Vegeta mind was getting control to much,. So you know. I COMPARED
I don't see the point in doing that. Vegeta getting possessed again sucks. SS23 sucks. New Saiyans suck. What's your point?
This means nothing. He stole more than the other guys, he has a disadvantage. Other guys stole less, they have an advantage.
1. Is what your point all you have to say? It's a comparison . They're other more repetitive things. Not a big deal.

2. Stealing doesn't put you at a disadvantage. As long as something is good then people don't care how much they were inspired. I still love Yamamoto's OST even though he copied people, possibly more than Kikuchi who didn't steal. Casual fans just read it and enjoy it. IF they know he steals they don't give shits. To them it's a good story. They're more causal fans than hardcore fans. Hardcore fans might be a little iffy about the stealing but they might read it just to read it. Only *Uses wrestling term* smarks like you actually give a damn. Stealing is bad. Yes as I've said for the 500th time. But as long as the story is good to the reader than they don't care.

Dr. Machismo
Banned

Post by Dr. Machismo » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:55 am

TheGmGoken wrote: 1. Is what your point all you have to say? It's a comparison . They're other more repetitive things. Not a big deal.
These other things have nothing to do with anything. Yes, having Vegeta got possessed over and over again is a major flaw.
2. Stealing doesn't put you at a disadvantage. As long as something is good then people don't care how much they were inspired. I still love Yamamoto's OST even though he copied people, possibly more than Kikuchi who didn't steal. Casual fans just read it and enjoy it. IF they know he steals they don't give shits. To them it's a good story. They're more causal fans than hardcore fans. Hardcore fans might be a little iffy about the stealing but they might read it just to read it. Only *Uses wrestling term* smarks like you actually give a damn. Stealing is bad. Yes as I've said for the 500th time. But as long as the story is good to the reader than they don't care.
So according to you, the only advantages and disadvantages one has comes from whether people like their work or not. lol NO. Whether people like someone's work or not doesn't mean the work is good. That's subjective.

Anyway, I got better things to do right now. I'm out.
The world's greatest.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:01 am

Depends how you look at stuff. Vegeta being mind controlled can be perfectly fine if implemented properly and with a good twist. If done right nobody will care. If done poorly then it will stick out like a sore thumb. What your saying can be disadvantage if done poorly. If done right then nobody will care and it won't be a disadvantage.

Also why the Bieber avatar...just why.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:02 am

Dr. Machismo wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote: 1. Is what your point all you have to say? It's a comparison . They're other more repetitive things. Not a big deal.
These other things have nothing to do with anything. Yes, having Vegeta got possessed over and over again is a major flaw.
So according to you, the only advantages and disadvantages one has comes from whether people like their work or not. lol NO. Whether people like someone's work or not doesn't mean the work is good. That's subjective.
YES that's the only things. Unless the art suck dick. If the plot is great. Causal fans would not care you smark. Most causals fans would't notice and if they did. They would't care. HArdcore fans would just be little piss but will get over it. Smarks like you turn it into a big deal.
As long as things are built upon properly and don't become the main focus, then most people won't care.
This. You really think people give a DAMN if someone stole.? Especially if they're causal(THe majority). I'm not pulling shit from my ass. People like Yammato's score yet a lot of them know he stole. Yammato didn't get ANY disadvantage. It's the music that made them like it. Just like the plot and art regardless if it's stolen or not is what attracts the reader. How can you complain about stolen shit but yet be a fan of Dragonball? A lot of things in DBS were stolen and a lot of things was taken from DB. OH shit! Someone said your arms are too short to box with GOD. Guess they stole that line and now got a disadvantage on whatever they used it in.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:06 am

TheGmGoken wrote: This. You really think people give a DAMN if someone stole.? Especially if they're causal(THe majority). I'm not pulling shit from my ass. People like Yammato's score yet a lot of them know he stole. Yammato didn't get ANY disadvantage. It's the music that made them like it. Just like the plot and art regardless if it's stolen or not is what attracts the reader. How can you complain about stolen shit but yet be a fan of Dragonball? A lot of things in DBS were stolen and a lot of things was taken from DB. OH shit! Someone said your arms are too short to box with GOD. Guess they stole that line and now got a disadvantage on whatever they used it in.
The whole first part of Dragon Ball took a lot from the Journey to the west, yet nobody cares.

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:56 am

Toyble does still copy, though he has improved to the point where its extremely minimal. Its mostly poses and such, but there are still a few copied pics in his most recent stuff.

But to put it in perspective about copying, even Ooishi and Toyotaro have copied a few poses from the original manga, so even officially published works have SOME amount of copying.

But again, I'm training myself out of this. The most recent example is the most recent revamp page I did (ch.6 pg 13). This page went from having a lot of copied material to none. So, improvement.