Do you think the SSG transformation should HAVE been kept ?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: Do you think the SSG transformation should HAVE been kep

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed May 20, 2015 6:53 pm

SSJG was around for 5 minutes in universe and never appears again. That sounds like the shortest run to me. I don't count False Super Saiyan as that's just toei's version of Super Saiyan. Grade 3 lasts longer than that.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed May 20, 2015 7:00 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:SSJG was around for 5 minutes in universe and never appears again. That sounds like the shortest run to me. I don't count False Super Saiyan as that's just toei's version of Super Saiyan. Grade 3 lasts longer than that.
SSJG was actually around for nearly ten minutes in BOG. Grade 3 lasted no more than a minute in universe in the manga.

Tectorman
Regular

Post by Tectorman » Wed May 20, 2015 7:39 pm

emperior wrote:Nope.
It doesn't give a sense of power.
Why does it make you skinny, I don't like it.
To carve the image of an elephant out of a piece of marble, you chip away everything that isn't an elephant. I.e., you lose everything extraneous and unnecessary.

Admittedly, my first look at SSJG left me curious as to why they decided to go that direction to depict godly might. Then it made sense. In losing weight and becoming skinny, Goku is shedding his mortal imperfections, with what's left becoming galvanized, focused, and honed.
Twilight: My library?! My library!! Do you have any idea how many books I had in there?!
Lord Tirek: How many, little princess?
Twilight: Over NINE THOUSAND!!!

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed May 20, 2015 11:06 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:SSJG was around for 5 minutes in universe and never appears again. That sounds like the shortest run to me. I don't count False Super Saiyan as that's just toei's version of Super Saiyan. Grade 3 lasts longer than that.
SSJG was actually around for nearly ten minutes in BOG. Grade 3 lasted no more than a minute in universe in the manga.
I dunno about that. Pretty sure they say SSJ God lasts 5 minutes. Also there is no real time frame I think for how long Grade 3 was around. If we go by anime it's even worse for SSJ God.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed May 20, 2015 11:40 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
I dunno about that. Pretty sure they say SSJ God lasts 5 minutes. Also there is no real time frame I think for how long Grade 3 was around. If we go by anime it's even worse for SSJ God.
I don't think there was any context about how long the SSJG transformation lasts in BOG.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed May 20, 2015 11:43 pm

Tectorman wrote:
To carve the image of an elephant out of a piece of marble, you chip away everything that isn't an elephant. I.e., you lose everything extraneous and unnecessary.

Admittedly, my first look at SSJG left me curious as to why they decided to go that direction to depict godly might. Then it made sense. In losing weight and becoming skinny, Goku is shedding his mortal imperfections, with what's left becoming galvanized, focused, and honed.
And adorable, Gokû became that too. (´。• ᵕ •。`) ♡

And now my sleep-addled brain has me wondering if ssjg was knocked off in F because someone (or someones) decided it was "too cute to live", and so hastily replaced it with "let's just recolor ssj1 and call it a day".
But I'm tired, I dunno how much stock I can put into the theories I make when I'm tired.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu May 21, 2015 12:51 am

Lord Beerus wrote: I don't think there was any context about how long the SSJG transformation lasts in BOG.
Maybe not. Looking back I don't see a actual statement to time. Maybe a guide entry explains this a bit more. Anime wise without a doubt Grade 3 lasted longer. Manga wise is an interesting comparison.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu May 21, 2015 12:57 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: I don't think there was any context about how long the SSJG transformation lasts in BOG.
Maybe not. Looking back I don't see a actual statement to time. Maybe a guide entry explains this a bit more. Anime wise without a doubt Grade 3 lasted longer. Manga wise is an interesting comparison.
I think manga wise, the SSJG transformation had screen time the equivalent of maybe 3-4 chapters. I'm just estimating.

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Thu May 21, 2015 3:27 am

Even though the SSJGSSJ makes almost perfect sense, I don't like its design, especially the color choice. I don't like the blue for a hair color for some reason. I can understand that the Super Saiyan God transformation is a temporary form, if that must be gone, then I would rather accept Goku to become a simple Super Saiyan to access the full potential of the God power just like he did it B.o.G. But if Toriyama wanted to point some changes out that the God power made to Goku's SSJ, I would rather see a from with flame-like aura(red one in color), normal golden SSJ hairstyle, and complete red eyes.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Thu May 21, 2015 7:02 am

Honestly I agree with this to an extent. The flaming aura is cool, and I don't even mind the bigger eyes, but it seems weird a power up would make you look physically weaker.

Considering SSGSS still slims them down, somehow has a less original design AND has the dumbest name for any power up in the series, I'd of preferred to keep the fiery Kaioken look instead.

Also finding a power beyond the power of a god seems like overkill, but I know I'm in the minority on this one.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Thu May 21, 2015 7:17 am

Akyon wrote:
Honestly I agree with this to an extent. The flaming aura is cool, and I don't even mind the bigger eyes, but it seems weird a power up would make you look physically weaker.

Considering SSGSS still slims them down, somehow has a less original design AND has the dumbest name for any power up in the series, I'd of preferred to keep the fiery Kaioken look instead.

Also finding a power beyond the power of a god seems like overkill, but I know I'm in the minority on this one.
It's not beyond that it's just a slightly powerful than the SSJ-God but only due to training. The Saiyan beyond God form(the base form) is simply with a power of Saiyan God and it's not stronger than that, only it's after/beyond (in time) the moment when Goku(and Vegeta) managed to absorb the God power. Whis mentioned that Goku has surpassed Beerus' 70% of power from BoG, and he, joined with Vegeta, is possibly able to defeat Beerus, so Goku's power is not really beyond the power of Gods, as Beerus is one.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Thu May 21, 2015 7:51 am

Low Tone G wrote:
Akyon wrote:

It's not beyond that it's just a slightly powerful than the SSJ-God but only due to training. The Saiyan beyond God form(the base form) is simply with a power of Saiyan God and it's not stronger than that, only it's after/beyond (in time) the moment when Goku(and Vegeta) managed to absorb the God power. Whis mentioned that Goku has surpassed Beerus' 70% of power from BoG, and he, joined with Vegeta, is possibly able to defeat Beerus, so Goku's power is not really beyond the power of Gods, as Beerus is one.
When did Whis say that? And IIRC it was said that if Goku and Vegeta teamed up they could fight evenly with Beerus, not defeat him.

As for the topic, I'll say no as I may be one of the few who prefer the SSJGSSJ form over SSJG. I like the color and the aura looks far better IMO. Not to mention they don't slim down in that form like they do with SSJG. Was never a fan of that particular trait of SSJG.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun May 24, 2015 9:12 am

There's no point, the form wasn't completed.

Blue form is the true God form. Since Goku/Vegeta already absorbed God KI, can use it to power up and doesn't seem to have a time limit.
Now I just wonder if Goku can use his God Ki to power up his ssj2 and ssj3 forms.

I still love the red form the most though.

But they should just rename them:
Red - Saiyan God
Blue - Super Saiyan God.

Oh either, just give another name for the blue form. Since Goku never called it Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.
Its never late to fix your mistakes.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

SSJ Human
Regular

Post by SSJ Human » Sun May 24, 2015 2:23 pm

I liked Super Saiyan God but I think the only way we'll see it again is either through games that cover DBZ and its films or if in Super, we have one of the other Saiyans briefly gain the transformation like Gohan or Gotenks.

It looks better on Vegeta than Goku in my opinion.

Makai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Makai » Sun May 24, 2015 4:25 pm

It seemed like SSJG was gonna be a one time thing since he first got it, especially with the time limit. While I do like the design of SSJG a lot more, SSGSSJ does make a lot of sense. The power should go somewhere once the form runs out. And I also don't mind the new form, cause it seems as it's gonna replace SSJ 1-3 for Goku and Vegeta, and even though it's basically just a recolor, I kinda like this look more on them.