Who is the most annoying character?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: Who is the most annoying character?

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:36 am

At the moment, Gowasu. Giving critical information out like it's a bottle of tic-tacs.
Retired.

Lunatic Fringe
Regular

Post by Lunatic Fringe » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:01 am

nickzambuto wrote:
ABED wrote:Chichi. Other than being Gohan's mother, she contributes nothing to the show.
She contributes being a hot af milf.
But Bulma does the job much better. Just saying.

On topic, I'm going to have to go with...no one. Yep. No one. Sure, characters have made bone headed choices that might tick me off but I ultimately don't find anyone I've seen from their first appearance to their latest consistently annoying. I mean, it'd be easy for me to say "Super 'X' is annoying" or whatever but I think that's more reflective on bad writing than seeing a character being annoying because that's how I've associated them as since the very beginning.

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:10 am

Vegeta post Freeza. I got tired of his whining very quickly and wanted him out of my screen. The new material isn't helping either he is unbearable just like he was in the Cell-Boo arcs.

Pilaf Gang in Super, Monaca(one of the rare gag characters of Toriyama I despise) and Gohan until Great Saiyaman.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:11 am

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:Vegeta post Freeza. I got tired of his whining very quickly and wanted him out of my screen. The new material isn't helping either he is unbearable just like he was in the Cell-Boo arcs.

Pilaf Gang in Super, Monaca(one of the rare gag characters of Toriyama I despise) and Gohan until Great Saiyaman.
:shock: You are dead to me.
Retired.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:14 am

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:Vegeta post Freeza. I got tired of his whining very quickly and wanted him out of my screen. The new material isn't helping either he is unbearable just like he was in the Cell-Boo arcs.

Your signature speaks the truth :clap: :evil:

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:18 am

nickzambuto wrote:
ABED wrote:Chichi. Other than being Gohan's mother, she contributes nothing to the show.
She's a cartoon.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:42 am

ABED wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:
She's a cartoon.
That means very little.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:46 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:At the moment, Gowasu. Giving critical information out like it's a bottle of tic-tacs.
"Oh, Apprentice. That Son Goku has the power of a God, he wasn't even taking you seriously. Oh, and those are special magic balls that grant your every wish. Oh, and here's a full step-by-step guide on how to successfuly wipe out mortals. Oh, and please give me a second to retreat to my quarters to sleep, leaving my door completly unlocked; God Stabbing Sword is in the back. HAVE FUN!"
ABED wrote: She's a cartoon.
And? A cartoon can't be hot?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:50 am

ABED wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:
She's a cartoon.
I ain't judgin'.

I can't give a definite #1, but my choices are: Pan (only in GT), the Pilaf Gang (only in Super), Giru, Mr. Satan (though he's "funnoying"), Chi-Chi (in almost all of Z/Super).
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:58 am

ABED wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:
She's a cartoon.
It reminds me of Red Dwarf where one of the characters would like to make out with Vilma from Flintstones.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:02 am

And? A cartoon can't be hot?
This made me think of the scene from Wayne's World.

Garth Algar: Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?
Wayne Campbell: No.
[cracks up laughing]
Wayne Campbell: No.
Garth Algar: Neither did I. I was just asking.
That means very little.
It does mean that I'm not attracted to her.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:35 am

MCDaveG wrote:
ABED wrote:
nickzambuto wrote: She contributes being a hot af milf.
She's a cartoon.
It reminds me of Red Dwarf where one of the characters would like to make out with Vilma from Flintstones.
Yeah, Chichi would never leave Goku and we know it :D
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:37 am

Instead of answering for myself, I'll attempt to answer for the characters. Is it Gotenks? Truth be told, I'm trying to recall any instance where anyone liked being around him. Even when he was born, he was mostly praised for his power instead of his personality. Their mothers hardly gave him the time of day. Gohan was reluctant to accept his help, too.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:44 am

Nejishiki wrote:Instead of answering for myself, I'll attempt to answer for the characters. Is it Gotenks? Truth be told, I'm trying to recall any instance where anyone liked being around him. Even when he was born, he was mostly praised for his power instead of his personality. Their mothers hardly gave him the time of day. Gohan was reluctant to accept his help, too.
By this metric, Oolong, Chouzu (22nd Budokai), Yajirobe, Gohan (Saiyan Arc), & Mr. Satan also fit the bill.
Retired.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:03 pm

That's not exactly what I'm going for. All of the individuals you've mentioned have been able to find common ground with each other or at least manage to stay friendly despite their flaws. They'll willingly meet up, for the most part. Otherwise, they happen to be on opposite ends during certain events. That's also why I wouldn't include antagonists here. No, I meant more along the line of somebody they associate with and rarely have anything positive to say about them. They're truly "annoying" in every sense of the word. Roshi, lecherous as can be, is still respected by others outside of his skills. Chi-Chi, despite her aggressiveness, garners sympathy from others over her concerns of violence. Gotenks somehow manages to annoy those he's trying to defeat. They're expecting resistance already!

Well, I'm being an oddball about the main subject anyway. "Periods" of characters may bother me, but never their entire work. So, I chose another route. :)

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:10 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Roshi. I can't stand him when he's not fighting.
I forgot about Roshi since he hasn't been in Super for some time. Yeah his shtick really got dreadful without the wisdom he has to balance it out. So every one of his scene's followed the exact same formula and didn't even do any interesting swerves. Made his screen time feel like such a waste. Arguably worse than Pilaf as they at least sorta try do something with him in Super.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:35 pm

ABED wrote:
That means very little.
I'm not sure how that means that others can't be.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:38 pm

Zephyr wrote:
ABED wrote:
That means very little.
I'm not sure how that means that others can't be.
That's your right, just as it's my right to think it's weird.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:54 pm

ABED wrote:That's your right, just as it's my right to think it's weird.
Naturally, though I wasn't even speaking for myself.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:07 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:Roshi. I can't stand him when he's not fighting.
I forgot about Roshi since he hasn't been in Super for some time. Yeah his shtick really got dreadful without the wisdom he has to balance it out. So every one of his scene's followed the exact same formula and didn't even do any interesting swerves. Made his screen time feel like such a waste. Arguably worse than Pilaf as they at least sorta try do something with him in Super.
Yeah, it sucks that he's such a one note character now. I loved him in original Dragon Ball, and kinda wish he stayed dead, it was a great way to cap off his story.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸