What media haven't you consumed?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

emperior
I Live Here

Re: What media haven't you consumed?

Post by emperior » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:02 am

- Anime: I haven’t watched Buu Kai due to the horrendous green filter, but I don’t consider it important at all as it’s just Z recut with inferior music.
And it’s been years since I last rewatched GT, to the point I forgot many of the smaller details. But everytime I try to give it a chance I get immediately bored and drop it. I can only watch and enjoy a few episodes of it. Episode 1 and 64 are definitely two very good episodes which don’t bore me, for example.
In general I have seen all the animated DB stuff I know about at least once in my life.
- Manga: I have read every official DB manga, including Neko Majin and Jaco of course, but also the DB Heroes stuff that’s available online and all the DB collaborations mangas Toriyama did such as Cross Epoch or DB x Kochikame. Of course I also read the mangas by Naho Ooishi and the reincarnated Yamcha one.
- Videogames: of the notable ones I skipped Super DBZ, Sagas, Revenge of King Piccolo, Infinity World, Battle of Z, Ultimate Tenkaichi, Fusions and all the Heroes ones. The only handheld games I played were the Legacy of Goku games, Supersonic Warriors and Shin Budokais, so I skipped all the others.
- Movies: I am proud to say I never ever watched Dragon Ball Evolution.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

ikaos
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ikaos » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:29 am

There's about 20-30 odd episodes of DB that I've never seen, mostly in the Piccolo arc. I've read the manga all the way through though. Also haven't seen any of the DB movies.

Never seen any Z movie past 6 in English, and I haven't revisited the latter part of the Buu arc in English since it aired on Toonami.

Never seen beyond episode 1 of GT.

Watched all of Kai but stalled during TFC about 15 episodes or so in. I have a version that reduces the green tint but it doesn't help much.

Got up to the very beginning of the ToP in Super but it just drags so much that I don't know if I'll ever finish it. Super is just so boring. I've read up through Champa in the manga.

Still haven't seen Super: Broly.

Got about 3 episodes into Heroes before I noped out of it.

I HAVE read the Jaco manga, though, which was a fun little diversion.

word360

Post by word360 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:12 am

I've seen large portions of the Tori's Dragon Ball manga, but haven't properly read them yet. Also, the last Dragon Ball game I've played was Legacy of Goku.... yeeeeah...
An interloper. Just some guy who loves Dragon Ball, and most things Dragon Ball-related.

Also @word360 on Twitter.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:07 am

I haven't seen DB evolution as it never interested me, despite being a massive DB fan. I think that's the one thing I'll never see. The only thing it has in common with DB is the name.

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:20 am

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:07 am I haven't seen DB evolution as it never interested me, despite being a massive DB fan. I think that's the one thing I'll never see. The only thing it has in common with DB is the name.
I saw DBE years ago during my hiatus from DB(not really sure why I never sought out the DVDs when I was younger after DBZ ended its run on CN, DB just kind of fell by the wayside for me until a few years ago when I got the urge to jump back in) and I thought it was decent for what it was, it takes a few liberties for sure but i'm OK with that, as far as films aimed at kids go you could do way worse(Emoji Movie and Angry Birds films come to mind :sick: ).

As for myself, i've not really ever been into DB video games as I was never much good at fighting games and the non-fighting DB games like Sagas and Legacy of Goku series didn't really look like my thing so I passed on them, Kakarott is the first DB game that i'm seriously considering getting, though Angry Joe's review of it did confirm some of my fears, so i'm going to hold off on getting for a little while until there's a price drop.

Also never cared about Heroes so i've not watched anything of the promotional anime surrounding that.

Never seen the AB Groupe/Ocean dub and I don't know if I ever will. Same goes for the Blue Water dubs of DB and GT.
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

ClutchBangstrip
Beyond Newbie

Post by ClutchBangstrip » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:52 am

I've played All the major titles up untill the early 2000s and that's it. The rest of the games, including the Heroes stuff, I've never paid attention to. Oh, I've played the Xenoverse games, tho.

Everything else, I've partook in.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:27 am

Manga - I read some of it, though.

And a lot of games.

Dr. Slump too, if it counts.

Tylerman29
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tylerman29 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:06 pm

Anime - Have seen 1 episode of DB Heroes...and that will be all I will ever see..

Manga - Have only really read the Saiyan Arc personally, but have been watching all of MistareFusion's DB Dissection series on the manga.

Games - Only have played the games of the GBA/PS2 era

Movies - DB Evolution. Keeping it that way.
DB, Z, and GT subbed are my "canon".
SSJ4 > Any transformation in Super.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:28 pm

To everyone who has never read the manga in its entirety: please, do yourselves a favor and read it! It’s way too good and important to be skipped.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Tylerman29
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tylerman29 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:45 pm

emperior wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:28 pm To everyone who has never read the manga in its entirety: please, do yourselves a favor and read it! It’s way too good and important to be skipped.
I'm good. I don't care for the medium. Maybe if Viz gets their crap together and finishes the full colors.
DB, Z, and GT subbed are my "canon".
SSJ4 > Any transformation in Super.

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:23 pm

Tylerman29 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:45 pm
emperior wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:28 pm To everyone who has never read the manga in its entirety: please, do yourselves a favor and read it! It’s way too good and important to be skipped.
I'm good. I don't care for the medium. Maybe if Viz gets their crap together and finishes the full colors.
I read some Manga in High School(mostly Love Hina) but i'm not really feeling any great urge to read any right now.
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku