Broly versus Super Buu

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Onikage725
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Onikage725 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:54 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Kid Buu was at "fighting an SSJ3" power, and wasn't willing to power down to face Vegeta in a fair match.[/fillerrationalizingmode]
Aha, but that would imply that he was holding back in the first place, which is more of a Fat Buu or Super Buu thing to do!
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:06 pm

Onikage725 wrote:My issue with it, such as it was, was with how outclassed Vegeta was when he fought Kid Buu. But Goku went toe to toe. I never thought that Vegeta would be weaker then than he was as a Majin, since Babidi simply states that he drew out Vegeta's latent powers (implying that the power was dormant within Vegeta, rather than an external boost tied to the spell itself). I can't imagine him forgetting how to tap into them later.
Goku was stronger than Vegeta, otherwise Vegeta wouldn't have needed the Majin powerup.

Plus, what Rocketman said. Kid Buu's a sadistic little bastard, and probably would match Goku and then not bother matching back down to Vegeta.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:10 pm

Even Super Buu with Piccolo would murder Broly with a bubble of spit. Aren't threads like this supposed to be in Funimation Forum's Meaty Competition section? I'm starting to think this is Broly the LSSJ who was banned from Funi's forum.
Last edited by Raki on Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:13 pm

Is Super Buu with Piccolo weaker or something?
Broly!

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:21 pm

KingBroly wrote:Is Super Buu with Piccolo weaker or something?
Compared to Super Buu with SS3 Gotenks, yes.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:22 pm

I was wondering if Broly or Super 13 was stronger.
Broly!

Onikage725
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Onikage725 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:45 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote: Goku was stronger than Vegeta, otherwise Vegeta wouldn't have needed the Majin powerup.
I'm talking about post-revival, not before he was a Majin. I'm saying that, based on Babidi's claim that he drew forth Vegeta's latent powers, I basically see the spell as an evil version of Saichourou's potential-unlocking, or even what Rou Kaioshin did for Gohan (since those were also both instances of latent powers being drawn out). The Majin spell didn't "power up" Vegeta in the sense that it gave a boost of its own. Babidi can't produce ki out of thin air and then graft it into a person. The spell allows him to draw out a person's full potential, play on their evil thoughts, and compel them to obey him. I see no reason why, by the end of the saga, he would forget how to use his previously untapped powers.
Plus, what Rocketman said. Kid Buu's a sadistic little bastard, and probably would match Goku and then not bother matching back down to Vegeta.
And I'll say the same thing I said to Rocketman- since we're discussing Goku starting off at SSJ2, Buu having to match SSJ3-level (after getting smacked around by a SSJ2) would imply that Buu was holding back at first.

Which kind of defeats the whole purpose of Kid Buu's character.
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

djkalteraphine
Regular

Post by djkalteraphine » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:40 am

SSJ2bardock wrote:
djkalteraphine wrote:Ask him to do Math.
I don't remember Buu absorbing Chaotzu. :lol:
You win the thread. :D

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:45 am

KingBroly wrote:I was wondering if Broly or Super 13 was stronger.
It's impossible to tell.

They both beat the crap out of the Z Warriors, only to be beaten by a supercharged Goku.

I'd guess Broli was stronger just because he beat up Cell Saga level fighters with an extra Super Saiyan, while 13 beat up Android Saga level guys, from the looks of it.

djkalteraphine
Regular

Post by djkalteraphine » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:10 am

Casual Matt wrote:
KingBroly wrote:I was wondering if Broly or Super 13 was stronger.
It's impossible to tell.

They both beat the crap out of the Z Warriors, only to be beaten by a supercharged Goku.

I'd guess Broli was stronger just because he beat up Cell Saga level fighters with an extra Super Saiyan, while 13 beat up Android Saga level guys, from the looks of it.
Yeah, if you go by the movie's corresponding sections in the series, movie 7 was pre-RoSaT. You can always tell by Gohan's hair. :D