How did Goten and Trunks beat Broly?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:15 pm

What about Broly versus Bojack?
Broly!

Stargazer

Post by Stargazer » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:17 pm

Impossible to determinate.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:24 pm

Stargazer wrote:Impossible to determinate.
That's why he's asking us here at the forum, we can debate about it and make an educated guess on what would happen. :D
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:25 pm

Did Broly get stronger in his second movie?
Broly!

Horgus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Horgus » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:27 pm

KingBroly wrote:Did Broly get stronger in his second movie?
No. Not in the least.

Could say he was partly wounded even, what with the scar on his chest, and how Gohan kept targeting it to some effect.

Stargazer

Post by Stargazer » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:29 pm

That's why he's asking us here at the forum, we can debate about it and make an educated guess on what would happen.
But there is nothing to determinate who is stronger between Broly and Bojack.

Both are stronger that FPSSJ Gohan, Bojack is no match for SSJ2 Gohan and Broly never fight a SSJ2 Gohan, so there is no way to know.

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:31 pm

Horgus wrote:
No. Not in the least.

Could say he was partly wounded even, what with the scar on his chest, and how Gohan kept targeting it to some effect.
But Broly almost died. Dont saiyans get stronger when they recover. A zenkai or somethinf like that?
Broly!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:31 pm

KingBroly wrote:What about Broly versus Bojack?
Bojack was about as strong as Perfect Cell. He was easily beating up the heroes, who were about as strong as at the Cell Games. But then got easily beaten by SSj2 Gohan. Same as Cell on both counts. We can't exactly compare Cell to Bojack, but it's easy to tell that Broly is weaker than both of them.
No, Gohan commented that he was "just as strong as before." If he was stronger, he would have said so. Especially since that would have made the movie more dramatic.

Had Gohan gone SSj2 in Movie 10, Broly would have been toast.

Burnt toast.
KingBroly wrote:But Broly almost died. Dont saiyans get stronger when they recover. A zenkai or something like that?
We never saw those again after Freeza. It's likely that you stop getting them once you become a Super Saiyan. If Broly HAD gotten one, he wouldn't have lost.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:32 pm

Why didnt Gohan go SS2. Wouldnt it have made more sense?
We never saw those again after Freeza. It's likely that you stop getting them once you become a Super Saiyan. If Broly HAD gotten one, he wouldn't have lost.
But Cell got a powerup, and that was after the Freeza saga.
Broly!

Fossilgojir
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Fossilgojir » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:34 pm

KingBroly wrote:Why didnt Gohan go SS2. Wouldnt it have made more sense?
I don't think he could at the time.
NO YOU FABRIC!!!

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:34 pm

But he was adult Gohan and he showed at the tournament that he could transform when he wanted to.
Broly!

Fossilgojir
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Fossilgojir » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:37 pm

KingBroly wrote:But he was adult Gohan and he showed at the tournament that he could transform when he wanted to.
then it may have been post mystic upgrade, I haven't seen this one in a long time.
Last edited by Fossilgojir on Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NO YOU FABRIC!!!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:37 pm

KingBroly wrote:Why didnt Gohan go SS2. Wouldnt it have made more sense?
Gohan's kind of stupid. He whined to Cell, asking him to stop rather than fight him at first, and he needed Goku's encouragement from the afterlife to get off his butt and fight Bojack seriously.
Cell's not a normal Saiyan. His body and power work a lot differently.

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:39 pm

Why did the power ups stop? Did Akira forget about them? :?
Broly!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:42 pm

KingBroly wrote:Why did the power ups stop? Did Mr. Toriyama forget about them? :?
We usually call him "Mr Toriyama" or something here, out of respect. We don't know the guy on a first-name basis

Possibly. Or he wisely decided that he didn't want to have things as complicated as they got during the Saiyans/Freeza storyline.

Besides, they had Super Saiyan now. Kinda makes everything else useless by comparison.
Last edited by Kaboom on Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:42 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:Gohan's kind of stupid. He whined to Cell, asking him to stop rather than fight him at first, and he needed Goku's encouragement from the afterlife to get off his butt and fight Bojack seriously.
Haha, brilliant stuff right there. :lol:
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:47 pm

Well yes, there's his bulky form, but he does that after he powers up to his own self proclaimed 'full power'.
Ugh, damnit. I forgot all about that. >_< Well, at least I already knew my Android era stuff wasn't fully stable yet. Any chance you could PM me a summary of how things went throughout the Gohan and Cell battle?
Stage 2 Cell would probably be a good character to compare him to, and I'd say they're about even. He's a good deal stronger than normal Super Saiyans, but anything more powerful than that (like an "Ultra" or "Full-Power" SSj) will demolish him.
Nah. Semi-Perfect Cell is a weakling compared to SSJU Vegeta who was a weakling compared to Brolly. He'd have gotten his ass kicked worse than the Z Fighters did.
whats stage 2 cells power level?
There's no official number. All numbers for that are fan speculation. But, that said, my own speculation is about 400 million. If you really want to get into speculation I'd say maybe about 525 million for Brolly.
Did Broly get stronger in his second movie?
No. Gohan even comments that he's the same power as he was before.
Both are stronger that FPSSJ Gohan, Bojack is no match for SSJ2 Gohan and Broly never fight a SSJ2 Gohan, so there is no way to know.
Say what? Brolly never fought an FPSSJ (unless you count movie 10 but Gohan was considerably weaker then). He fought mid-RoSaT SSJ Goku and SSJ Gohan and SSJU Vegeta and Trunks (1 trip only). It's highly doubtful that Goku and Gohan were much stronger than SSJU Trunks and Vegeta.

Meanwhile Bojack was taking hits from the same Gohan who was probably about equal to Cell (prior to the power-up Horgus mentioned) and shurgging them off like he was getting pelted with ants. Bojack is easily equal or superior to Perfect Cell's non bulky full power, something Brolly can't claim.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:56 pm

Actually, considering the aura shift when he came back, he got a transformation that he assumed was a near-death power-up.
Why didnt Gohan go SS2. Wouldnt it have made more sense?
Real World Explanation - Gohan likely hadn't done so yet in the anime when the movie came out so Toei with held it.

In-Universe Explanation - Gohan seems to prefer to not use SSJ2. We only see it come out once post-Cell Games. At the tournament, when he's not fighting anyone, just showing it off. I can't remember if he used it against Buu at all or not, but I'm thinking not. He didn't even use it on Dabura who was giving him a hard time with just SSJ.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:05 pm

Cell's powerup wasn't just a zenkai powerup, it was like he went SSJ2.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:06 pm

Who was stronger? Gohan or Cell?
Broly!