DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hades
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Hades » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:53 pm

About the music playing when the Namekians first arrived on Earth, was that from Uru by any chance?
TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:
Scarz wrote:Like using a flamethrower to kill an ant.
Hey, a lv.100 Charizard vs a wild lv.4 Caterpie. It happens.

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:19 pm

Ahahahaha. That was great!

I loved Guru's death scene, Freeza's "pizzas", and Dende accidentally going along with Kaio's plan.

I can hardly wait for the next part. Is it going to take longer, Kaiser? Or did you delay part 2 so you could release them at regular intervals?

Lance Freeman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lance Freeman » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:33 pm

I don't think we're going to see part 3 for a little while. Remember that most of part 2 was what they cut out of part 1 to get it down to 10 minutes.

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:42 pm

Lance Freeman wrote:I don't think we're going to see part 3 for a little while. Remember that most of part 2 was what they cut out of part 1 to get it down to 10 minutes.
That was basically what I was asking.

I mean, I don't know exactly what all Kaiser does during the editing process, so I have no idea how long it actually takes.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:05 pm

That was some superb editing on Guru's final death!

Also:
Vegeta checking to make sure he's still alive.
Dende orchestrating the third wish.
Goku's bored now.
Freeza being an overgrown that thing Chi-Chi keeps in her drawer.
Bigger ki ball x4.
Piccolo not telling Guru where Nail is.
Everyone but Kuririn.
Freeza having terrible timed directing his "pizza".
"That wasn't a pizza at all!"
Vegeta Time™ being cut short. XD
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:17 pm

I was watching this latest one, and thought it was funny enough - not quite enough that I actually started laughing out loud (lately, I've had to watch these by myself, unfortunately, which lessens the laugh factor), but chuckle-worthy.

Then I hit "That's not a pizza!" and that did it. :lol: I couldn't regain my composure for the rest of the episode. I think my favorite bit was how they took that shot of Freeza controlling the kienzan and made it look like he couldn't figure out how to work it.

I do have to say, though, there are some episodes where I just have the damnedest time trying to figure out what the characters are saying. It took me like three or four listens to realize Freeza said "High in Vitamin Dumbass!" But there were plenty of other spots I just let fly on past because I just couldn't understand a word.
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:27 pm

Even Vegeta was shocked at Super Kami Guru death :lol:
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Son Edo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Edo » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:12 pm

That was brilliant, best part for mine was Dendes "come at me bro".

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:46 pm

Again, great performances. Especially liked Guru and Dende in this part.

My favorites bits:

- "I give it, like, two minutes tops!"
- "Ow, my Gotens!"
- "Come at me, bro."
- Goku's deflection of Freeza's attack destroying a planet
- "Do not tell him I'm here."
- The Dragon Ball crushing a Namekian kid
- Guru's death
- "Do you know what a minute is?"
- "... or the Makakapotamus."
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:21 pm

I loved the Dawn of The Dead reference when Vegeta was rising up from the ground.

Even better that it actually included my favourite track from the movie as well.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Rob
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rob » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:19 pm

Dende was freaking awesome in this one.

Poor space turtle... and poor space caterpillar.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:22 pm

Great episode guys. Also if you guys ever redo Movie 1 you MUST keep the old Kami voice. The movie wouldn't be the same without "Is that you Edith? Give Grandpa some sugar."

Strongbad456
Beyond Newbie

Post by Strongbad456 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:58 pm

I loved part 1 but part 2 just made me laugh even more. My favorite parts:

-"Global Warming? NAAIILL!!"(just the way it was said had me laughing so hard).
-Guru confessing his sins.
-His death and everyone's reactions.
-Makakapottamus

Great episode and I'll miss Guru but I look forward to the next Nappa/Guru whoever they may be.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:00 pm

Son Edo wrote:That was brilliant, best part for mine was Dendes "come at me bro".
How can Frieza be his "bro" when he killed almost every Namekian (except some that Vejita took care of). :lol:

Dende was nonetheless, hilarious! xD
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:11 am

Wow, Kaiser. You and your boys went above and beyond on part 2. Everything perfectly flows. I especially love Guru's speech and the massacre, lol! And then shifting straight to Goku and Frieza fighting again. Even the sound and music are seamless!

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:17 am

Discounting all the cutaways, it's actually pretty easy to imagine most of the Goku/Freeza scenes from the start of the approximately five minutes fitting inside five minutes. It's when we get down to two/one minutes by Freeza's count that things get a little wonky, but it didn't really feel like three minutes when he said two were left. Eh, need to actually try and time it at some point.

[edit] According to my handy-dandy stopwatch, it was almost exactly 5 minutes from Freeza announcing the five minutes to Freeza saying there was one minute left. It was pretty close to 7:10 when Freeza got cut in half. I recall anime Freeza stretching his estimation by a couple minutes after the planet lasted for like seven episodes. Considering that all that's left on Namek is Goku looking for a ship, I think TFS wins on this one. :)
Except that the sequence with the disks took a whole two minutes. :lol:
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:50 pm

kenisu3000 wrote:I do have to say, though, there are some episodes where I just have the damnedest time trying to figure out what the characters are saying. It took me like three or four listens to realize Freeza said "High in Vitamin Dumbass!" But there were plenty of other spots I just let fly on past because I just couldn't understand a word.
I thought I was the only one. :shock:
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:14 pm

That's odd, I don't have trouble understanding it.
Though I have been deliberately turning the volume pretty high before watching. :)
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ThunderPX » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:22 pm

There's just one part I can't make out. What does Goku say at 4:02, just after "I'm not immortal either. And I'm okay with that."
I'm Rosie (she/her). My username is a chuuni holdover from nearly two decades ago :shock:

mc49399

Post by mc49399 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:30 pm

ThunderPX wrote:There's just one part I can't make out. What does Goku say at 4:02, just after "I'm not immortal either. And I'm okay with that."
Are you just mad cause I'm'a outlive you now?