"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Simere
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Simere » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:55 am

LightBing wrote:Why should we as an audience care about the costs and if the company saved money by recycling models? The company works for us, we are paying them don't make up excuses for them.
I didn't ask anyone to care about costs. I asked to have some realistic expectations about the spectrum of possibility, and to properly assess the root cause of whatever grievance you might have. And if you're asking why you should care about that, it's because being reasonable and factual are considered virtues. Complaining about SSB Goku costing you Dabura has no basis in reality.
Not to say I agree with Bullza, only in regards to the part where's there's too many Goku look-alikes. Even if they play differently they still have Goku's face and it's an exaggeration as it currently stands. This is negative for newcomers who think Goku is Dragon Ball, it creates exhaustion by watching the same characters, etc. I don't believe the new Base Saiyans break the camels back in this regards but I expect them and want them to stop here.
Why should I care about these supposed newcomers who hate that Goku is Dragon Ball supposedly getting exhausted?

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

Post by RichardKing2 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:01 am

Bullza wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:Actually it matters a lot, since most of all it's a fighting game, not a fanservice app.
That must explain why out of all the possible Movie characters to choose from they went with Broly and Bardock because that had nothing to do with fan service at all.
I agree with you. It continues to anger me that the go to defense to the complaints is "they all play different, so your opinion on anything else doesn't doesn't matter!"

Yes, you can be a fighting game fan

Yes, a choice in the roster you find to be ridiculous or stupid is also a valid complaint

Yes, a character can play differently, but so can other additional characters

Yes, you can be a fighting game fan and a fan of the anime and want other roster choices. Fans of anime and fighting games aren't mutually exclusive

A lot of people want to keep playing these mental gymnastics. So I'll just say it outright. Adding in Base Goku and Vegeta at this point is still a stupid decision in my viewpoint. There are plenty of other characters that could have been added in place. But when you go from Vegito and Fused Zamasu to..base saiyans of characters that are already in the game, yes, you do have a valid complaint and it is constructive criticism. A lot of us knew it from the datamining, but it doesn't take away from the fact that the opposing side has a valid reason to complain

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:51 am

Simere wrote:I didn't ask anyone to care about costs. I asked to have some realistic expectations about the spectrum of possibility, and to properly assess the root cause of whatever grievance you might have. And if you're asking why you should care about that, it's because being reasonable and factual are considered virtues. Complaining about SSB Goku costing you Dabura has no basis in reality.
It doesn't cost you a Dabra in full but it costs time to make part of it. They are compromising time for an inferior product(blue Saiyans) instead of doing a character in full while filling a character slot. I'm all for putting things in perspective, it seems we always have to remind people that we don't have different clothes for characters because of how the game is made the trade-off for having such a beautiful game.
Simere wrote:Why should I care about these supposed newcomers who hate that Goku is Dragon Ball supposedly getting exhausted?
Because assuming you like the game and want to see it improve, you the need newcomers to support it or it will end. One can't fund the game by ourselves.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:39 pm

Bullza wrote:
supersaiyanZero wrote:Theres other characters with unique appearances and abilities who could have been added first. Why not Master Roshi? Jiren? Janemba? Omega Shenron? Toppo? Dr Gero? Dabura? Bojack?

No instead we got another version​ of Goku this time with black hair.
I agree. For &*&('s sake, we got like three Gokus. Enough is enough. Let the fans of OTHER characters feel some joy. Heck, even OTHER saiyans would've been preferable to more Gokus and Vegetas.

Gero, Janemba, Super Boo, #19, Slug, Tao Pai Pai (why they were so adamant to have him out of the game is beyond me), Chiaotzu, Roshi, Caulifa, Trio de Dangers, Jiren, God Toppo, Dyspo, Dodoria, Zarbon - heck, I would take Frost over Base Vegeta, and he's basically a color swap of Frieza.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:45 pm

LightBing wrote:
Simere wrote:I didn't ask anyone to care about costs. I asked to have some realistic expectations about the spectrum of possibility, and to properly assess the root cause of whatever grievance you might have. And if you're asking why you should care about that, it's because being reasonable and factual are considered virtues. Complaining about SSB Goku costing you Dabura has no basis in reality.
It doesn't cost you a Dabra in full but it costs time to make part of it. They are compromising time for an inferior product(blue Saiyans) instead of doing a character in full while filling a character slot. I'm all for putting things in perspective, it seems we always have to remind people that we don't have different clothes for characters because of how the game is made the trade-off for having such a beautiful game.[
Saying "instead of" is what I take issue with. I think they had time enough left in the development cycle to do just the SSBs. You still wouldn't have a whole character even if you combined them, so the alternative—the "instead of"—was actually nothing. Maybe you're saying they could have worked on having this new character be DLC instead, but diverting resources to DLC that could have been spent on content for release is its own controversy.
Because assuming you like the game and want to see it improve, you the need newcomers to support it or it will end. One can't fund the game by ourselves.
Well, I don't think this true. First of all, I have no idea what percentage of DBFZ's playerbase are newcomers to the series...but I wouldn't imagine it's that high. This isn't Guilty Gear; Dragon Ball is one of the world's largest franchises. I don't think we need to concern ourselves much with catering to newcomers, whatever their tastes may be(for all I know they love it). So, yes, I think "we", the established fans of the series, can fund the game ourselves; I think we're by far the majority and by far more likely to buy DLC.

And if we're talking about what sells...Goku and Vegeta sell. Do you think it won't be the case that Base Goku and Vegeta will sell? Do you think a hypothetical UI Goku wouldn't sell? I'm not suggesting they do it, but sales seems like shaky grounds to argue character diversity from. DB hasn't stumbled its way into making money by focusing on saiyans, however much some here don't like it.

Granting I'm right about development time, and granting I'm right about marketability, what's left? Gameplay concerns and the idea that "same face syndrome" has or will have a negative effect on the game. Complaining about gameplay is another false starter; they're as different as any other character, and if you're concerned about gameplay then you should be more preoccupied with Cell and Kid Boo—plus the homogenizing effects of the system mechanics. As for same face syndrome, I have no idea what metric to judge whatever effect that may or may not be having, but I know forum opinion isn't much to go by.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:38 pm

Simere wrote:Saying "instead of" is what I take issue with. I think they had time enough left in the development cycle to do just the SSBs. You still wouldn't have a whole character even if you combined them, so the alternative—the "instead of"—was actually nothing. Maybe you're saying they could have worked on having this new character be DLC instead, but diverting resources to DLC that could have been spent on content for release is its own controversy.
It takes 6 months to develop a character, even if the Blue Saiyans only took 1/4 of the time of a regular character that's still 1.5 months. That's not a negligible amount of time.
Simere wrote:Well, I don't think this true. First of all, I have no idea what percentage of DBFZ's playerbase are newcomers to the series...but I wouldn't imagine it's that high. This isn't Guilty Gear; Dragon Ball is one of the world's largest franchises. I don't think we need to concern ourselves much with catering to newcomers, whatever their tastes may be(for all I know they love it). So, yes, I think "we", the established fans of the series, can fund the game ourselves; I think we're by far the majority and by far more likely to buy DLC.

And if we're talking about what sells...Goku and Vegeta sell. Do you think it won't be the case that Base Goku and Vegeta will sell? Do you think a hypothetical UI Goku wouldn't sell? I'm not suggesting they do it, but sales seems like shaky grounds to argue character diversity from. DB hasn't stumbled its way into making money by focusing on saiyans, however much some here don't like it.

Granting I'm right about development time, and granting I'm right about marketability, what's left? Gameplay concerns and the idea that "same face syndrome" has or will have a negative effect on the game. Complaining about gameplay is another false starter; they're as different as any other character, and if you're concerned about gameplay then you should be more preoccupied with Cell and Kid Boo—plus the homogenizing effects of the system mechanics. As for same face syndrome, I have no idea what metric to judge whatever effect that may or may not be having, but I know forum opinion isn't much to go by.
I don't know if you're familiar with the Marvel vs Capcom series but their latest game Infinity is dead on the water in terms of support by the company. Marvel is as big or bigger than Dragon Ball add Capcom to the mix and one would assume it would be impossible for such a game to fail. Yet it did.

Don't take things for granted, specially in a fighting game.

I'm not complaining about gameplay, I never did.
These other problems your mention won't matter to majority of newcomers who just want to press buttons and do cool shit. They'll look at roster, how the game looks and gameplay modes. The Goku fatigue problem might scare people away, newcomers and long time fans. Besides contributing for memes who discredit the game, which matter because now a days people don't investigate, they go by what the general opinion.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:23 pm

LightBing wrote:
Simere wrote:Saying "instead of" is what I take issue with. I think they had time enough left in the development cycle to do just the SSBs. You still wouldn't have a whole character even if you combined them, so the alternative—the "instead of"—was actually nothing. Maybe you're saying they could have worked on having this new character be DLC instead, but diverting resources to DLC that could have been spent on content for release is its own controversy.
It takes 6 months to develop a character, even if the Blue Saiyans only took 1/4 of the time of a regular character that's still 1.5 months. That's not a negligible amount of time.
It's not negligible, but it's not sufficient, either. They apportioned time in the development cycle for a launch roster of 24 characters, two of which took less time to make than the others. If they didn't include the SSBs they would only have a roster of 22, not 22.5.
I don't know if you're familiar with the Marvel vs Capcom series but their latest game Infinity is dead on the water in terms of support by the company. Marvel is as big or bigger than Dragon Ball add Capcom to the mix and one would assume it would be impossible for such a game to fail. Yet it did.

That's a different subject, though. Multiple different subjects. MVCI didn't fail because it didn't appeal to newcomers to Marvel, it failed because it didn't appeal to almost anyone. That's my impression, anyway; I've only seen the complaining about it. Before release the established fanbase was howling about the roster being poor not because the characters or gameplay weren't diverse, but because they weren't the popular characters they wanted to play. If anything that goes to my argument.

I'm not assuming DBFZ will have continued success because it's DB; there's a whole host of DB games that stand testament to that not being the case. I'm just saying we don't need to be concerned about newcomers to the franchise confusing Bardock, Vegetto and Goku with each other. I'm certain that's too small a demographic to spend time worrying about.
These other problems your mention won't matter to majority of newcomers who just want to press buttons and do cool shit. They'll look at roster, how the game looks and gameplay modes. The Goku fatigue problem might scare people away, newcomers and long time fans. Besides contributing for memes who discredit the game, which matter because now a days people don't investigate, they go by what the general opinion.
You say it might turn off people, I say it might excite even more. Who's right? But I certainly agree with memes having the potential to do harm. Even though that's very much true it hardly feels valid. Do what I say you should or I'll distort reality to damage your reputation!

At any rate, I think DBFZ is past the point of bringing people in. And the extent to which it ever did focus on newcomers was on newcomers to the genre rather than the franchise. A much better use of time.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:20 pm

LightBing wrote:Last figures for Tekken 7 were at 2.5M the same as FighterZ so even if the latter is ahead it shouldn't be by that much.
It's 2.8 million now. At the same time FighterZ was at 2.5 million.
Richardson G2 wrote:I agree with you. It continues to anger me that the go to defense to the complaints is "they all play different, so your opinion on anything else doesn't doesn't matter!"
Nickolaidas wrote:I agree. For &*&('s sake, we got like three Gokus. Enough is enough. Let the fans of OTHER characters feel some joy. Heck, even OTHER saiyans would've been preferable to more Gokus and Vegetas.

Gero, Janemba, Super Boo, #19, Slug, Tao Pai Pai (why they were so adamant to have him out of the game is beyond me), Chiaotzu, Roshi, Caulifa, Trio de Dangers, Jiren, God Toppo, Dyspo, Dodoria, Zarbon - heck, I would take Frost over Base Vegeta, and he's basically a color swap of Frieza.
Yeah I mean the argument that "they all play differently" isn't an excuse because these completely different characters would also play differently just the same. Infact someone like Janemba because of his sword and the ability to punch through portals would actually play more differently from Goku who will be able to do the Kamehameha just like the other versions.

At the same being another character altogether and being visually unique amongst the games roster. Three versions of Goku with three different hair colours...that's not interesting.

Out of the 30 characters in the game, 20% of the roster is just Goku and Vegeta.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:54 pm

Bullza wrote:Yeah I mean the argument that "they all play differently" isn't an excuse because these completely different characters would also play differently just the same. Infact someone like Janemba because of his sword and the ability to punch through portals would actually play more differently from Goku who will be able to do the Kamehameha just like the other versions.
it's your position that DBFZ is just about mashing auto combos so it shouldn't matter to you. All characters play the same way when you're just mashing L/M.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:39 pm

Simere wrote:it's your position that DBFZ is just about mashing auto combos so it shouldn't matter to you. All characters play the same way when you're just mashing L/M.
Well yeah. I was pretty good at the game and got fairly high in the ranks, like Demon level and that's all I ever really did. Mashing auto combos, using the level 3 attack and using the vanish to get behind the enemy to lead into more auto combos.

Doesn't mean I just want the same few characters over and over. I could be the best or worst player and I would never want that.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:53 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
MajinMan wrote:There has literally been 0 Goku and Vegeta DLC until this point. Where is this “endless Goku/Vegeta DLC” coming from?
The rooster has 6 characters that are just Goku and Vegeta:

SSJ Goku
SSJ Vegeta
SSJB Goku
SSJB Vegeta
Saiyan arc Goku
Saiyan arc Vegeta

If you don't think that sucks, then it's on you
I was talking avout the DLC, but I still don’t see why that’s a problem. They all play differently, and yah maybe someone like Janemba would hvave been more interesting because of his unique moveset. I just don’t see it as a problem because this is a fighting game first, DB game second. All characters are unique even if 6 of them are Goku/Vegeta.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:58 pm

The base characters themselves aren't the problem, it's mainly the time of release. Usually character variations are released a year or 2 after but not at the very first DLC group!

A good example is Evil Ryu and Oni, Ryu and Akuma's variation in Street Fighter 4. They were released 2 years after the base game, they gave time for more characters to come in and bring up the roster size a bit. If they had Super Street Fighter 4 with Akuma and Shin Akuma, and Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition having Cyber Akuma and Oni, people would be pissed and I honestly can't blame them.

Even though Goku and Vegeta will play differently (although tbh both Vegeta's are very, very similar compared to both Goku's) it's still 20% of the roster being those two so close to release and they all look way similar between each other to where it feels even worse.

I don't mind them being in the game honestly and if they're fun, cool. I'm not gonna lie, I'm gonna try team Goku. However, then being in this so early really bums me out...
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:10 am

Simere wrote:
LightBing wrote:I don't know if you're familiar with the Marvel vs Capcom series but their latest game Infinity is dead on the water in terms of support by the company. Marvel is as big or bigger than Dragon Ball add Capcom to the mix and one would assume it would be impossible for such a game to fail. Yet it did.

That's a different subject, though. Multiple different subjects. MVCI didn't fail because it didn't appeal to newcomers to Marvel, it failed because it didn't appeal to almost anyone. That's my impression, anyway; I've only seen the complaining about it. Before release the established fanbase was howling about the roster being poor not because the characters or gameplay weren't diverse, but because they weren't the popular characters they wanted to play. If anything that goes to my argument.
Insulting long-time fans of the franchise did not help either.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/marve ... 05-10aaa0b
There was recently a leak about the characters, and people picked up on the fact that a lot of classic characters aren't there, specifically the X-Men characters like Magneto and Sentinel. How do you guys feel about people being hung up on that?

Peter Rosas: If you were to actually think about it, these characters are just functions. They're just doing things. Magneto, case and point, is a favorite because he has eight-way dash and he's really fast, right? So our more technical players, all they want to do is triangle jump and that kind of stuff. Well guess what, Nova can do the same thing, Captain Marvel can do the same thing. Ultron can do the same thing. Go ahead and try them out.

It's just the function that people are associating with the character, and there's no shortage of that. We made sure that all proper play styles can be represented with our current roster. The design team has been looking at that very closely. We wanted to make sure that if a legacy character doesn't happen to make the roster this time, that play style would still be represented. That somebody who has associated themselves with Magneto wouldn't be lost coming into this title.

Then also we talked with Marvel very closely about their future roadmap, about what's gonna be happening. Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters, but they know some of the Guardians characters or Black Panther. You know what I mean? Captain Marvel may seem like a strange pick, but she's fantastic. She fits the gameplay. She fits the story, and they're gonna be really pushing her as a strong female lead all the way up into the movie. We're trying to take everything into account and choose the best characters.
I enjoyed ComboFiend when he made Spencer famous in MvC3, but it was comments like this that soiled him in the eyes of the fandom.

As for FighterZ, I have not seen much of the sins that MvCI were plagued with.
But when a sequel is made (not a matter "if" anymore, but "when"), if some of the characters in this game do not return but some of their gameplay is implemented in another character then ArcSys tries to tell their consumer base that all they, the fans, care about are "functions," then ArcSys will have traveled the same route as Capcom.
I do not see that happening, though.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:09 am

Bullza wrote:
Simere wrote:it's your position that DBFZ is just about mashing auto combos so it shouldn't matter to you. All characters play the same way when you're just mashing L/M.
Well yeah. I was pretty good at the game and got fairly high in the ranks, like Demon level and that's all I ever really did. Mashing auto combos, using the level 3 attack and using the vanish to get behind the enemy to lead into more auto combos.

Doesn't mean I just want the same few characters over and over. I could be the best or worst player and I would never want that.
Demon? "Fairly high"? Auto combos? You have no idea what you're talking about and you've just lost all credibility with that post.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:26 am

Okay, since everyone is posting their wishlists for S2 DLC, here's mine. But instead of posting only pictures or names, I will also explain what they could add mechanically to the game, and how that would make them stand out from the rest of the cast.

Pride Troopers pack:
Jiren: He could play similarly to Yamcha or Bardock, with a few projetiles, and mostly close range strikes, and his Power Impact should have be a command grab like super, and could be the version how he stopped Kale's rampage. Beside all of that he could work as an install character, with his full power (the one where he has the UI like aura) working as a lv.3.
Toppo: Just by looking at his moveset, he could play similarly to Android 16 with the grapples, and close range stuff. Except with the difference of that the God of Destruction mode could work as an install. (there are no grappers in this game, with installs) He could also gain a new move, which is a slow Hakai Ball (think M.Bison's projectile in SFV) which would help him setting up the enemy for command grabs and such.

Female warriors pack:
Mai: I'm pretty sure someone will say that she is a weakling compared to the rest of the cast. That's true, but the same could be said about Nappa or Ginyu, or Mr.Satan who is a character that a lot of people asking for. So anyway, she would be more like a projectile heavy character, with using all of her guns, riffles and vehicles. And a fleshbang grenades too, to paralyze the opponent. Her supers could include stuff like using her full army to unleash a bullet hell on the enemy, using a Pilaf robot for a meteor style attack, etc.
Her flying stuff could be handled with simply wearing a backpack which not just stores her weapons, but also works as a jetpack.
Also, adding a bullet counter and some reloading could be an intereting mechanic for her.

Caulifla (with Kale): Kale would work as a support, and would have some cool combination moves from the anime. Kind of similarly to Black and Zamasu. Her level 3 could be the the fusion, and then she would unleash that electric attack, upgradable with another two meters to the christmas beam finisher, like we saw it in the anime.

Geezer pack:
Roshi: If you think about Roshi, most of his unique attacks are about paralyzing the opponent. Like that electric beam stuff, his hypnosis and even the Mafuba. Most of this overall gameplay would be using these attacks to setting up the opponent with these for a heavy beating. Of course he could have the buffed up Kamehameha super, and Mafuba also as a super, which could other then causing damage (to Roshi himself too), could trap the opponent in a bottle, so the opponents team mates could still free him if they are standing. This way it wouldn't be as powerful as Android 16's self destruction.

Android 20: His gimmick would be obviously the energy absorption. There are multiple ways of how he did that in the manga, and they could all work as special moves. He could also catch projectiles and absorb them for a bit of health.

Demon pack:
Dabura: Dabura's attacks were different looking even in the anime. Maybe his fire attacks could cause the enemy to burn, and lose some additional HP in the following seconds. Like F.A.N.G.'s poison attacks in SFV. His spear could obviously be a projectile attack, but maybe his sword could work as short time powerup, where sword attacks could replace his normal punches, adding additional damage and range.

Janemba: Another demon-like character, with a sword... Well, he has teleport, and lots of space-bending stuffs in the movie. I could imagine him working well the most, if the opponent is far away, and mostly playing the game of keeping them out.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:07 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote:Demon? "Fairly high"? Auto combos? You have no idea what you're talking about and you've just lost all credibility with that post.
Demon Rank is the sixth highest rank in the game and the only reason I didn't go higher is because I stopped playing after getting the trophy for 530,000 battle power.

I won 78% of all games I played just by using by spamming auto combos and level 3 finishes. It doesn't require that much skill to be decent at the game, it's no Tekken.

You could have gone through most fights in the story mode just by setting a turbo controller to triangle.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:25 pm

Some nice high resolution pics

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:42 pm

Bullza wrote: Demon Rank is the sixth highest rank in the game and the only reason I didn't go higher is because I stopped playing after getting the trophy for 530,000 battle power.

I won 78% of all games I played just by using by spamming auto combos and level 3 finishes. It doesn't require that much skill to be decent at the game, it's no Tekken.

You could have gone through most fights in the story mode just by setting a turbo controller to triangle.
I mean yeah, anything below the Kaioshin rank is really easy. But I doubt that you could actually keep your Demon rank, or even go higher, had you kept just spamming auto-combos.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:00 pm

Vegeta's pose on his level 3 looks so weird. The attack when he killed Nappa was the beam coming out of his chest, here he's just posing looking off somewhere and the beam is just coming out of his whole body straight up, similar to Trunks level 3.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:31 pm

Logania wrote:Vegeta's pose on his level 3 looks so weird. The attack when he killed Nappa was the beam coming out of his chest, here he's just posing looking off somewhere and the beam is just coming out of his whole body straight up, similar to Trunks level 3.
Not in the manga though:
What I wonder is why did they made it blue colored? It was yellow both in the manga and in the anime.
https://youtu.be/UaRcIEF5tZQ?t=79
Ah okay, it was kind of bluish at the end.