"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

darzap
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by darzap » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:26 pm

Ki Breaker wrote: I have the developers preview and my Crystal ball says his time limit of some minutes doesn't let that thought become a reality..
Vegetto blue ain't happening but a hypothetical Vegetto can and should beat Jiren with ease if his time limit isn't a concern..
Well, we don't know the rules of the time limit of some minutes. Gowasu just said the energy of the fusion ran out. Is that the fixed energy of the Potara earring? If that's the case, it would be pretty much the end of Potara, as their future enemies will need an even greater output of power than they needed for Merged Zamasu. Or does it scale with the trainable ability of their own bodies to bear the power output of the fused character for the full hour? In that case, their improvements in Ki control since the Zamasu fight could aid them here. Too bad we don't know the rules and I feel like they are making up the specifics of those rules on the fly, as the series progresses and the plot requires it.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:28 pm

TheOne wrote: I'm kinda thinking he went blue for Frieza. He already let the Saiyan race in his universe get extinguished by him. I doubt that he will let Frieza mess with another race of Saiyans. Goku gave Vegeta an interesting look in the preview, so I wonder if it has something to do with why he would go against Frieza.

Besides, in the Frieza arc we never got to hear Vegeta monologue about the Saiyan race and Frieza. Maybe this will give him the platform to say something.
That would be nice. Vegeta still needs his pound of Frieza flesh and Frieza himself opened the door for a little friendly fire. :P

I dunno how likely it is, but the scenario I'd like to see is:
1. Frieza beats up on Cabba like Vegeta did in the last tournament.
2. Cabba is triggered to SS2 and returns the favor.
3. Frieza goes Golden but Vegeta chases him off.

I'm sure Frieza is safe from elimination until his scheme plays out but I'm not sure he'd risk his shot at the wish by forcing a confrontation with Goku or Vegeta.

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:01 pm

Olympian wrote:
darzap wrote:
supercat wrote:I was hoping for so much more for the new Namekians than to be paired up against a weak fool like Piccolo. Oh well, still all good for laughs at least. That is what Piccolo and Tien are there for these days anyway right?
Too bad they didn't bring Yamcha. He could have been one-shotted by Lilibeu or Basil just to mark the start of the timer.
That`s what you have Cabba there for, gents.
Cabba is a beast compared to Tien. Even at equal power levels he'd probably destroy Tien. Saiyans seem more durable and seem to have a natural sense of combat. That is unless Tien decides to be cheap and use Solar Flare. But if that Tri-beam of his misses, he's basically done for.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:06 pm

Did anyone bother to translate the new bio information on Toei's Super website?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

darzap
Beyond Newbie

Post by darzap » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:07 pm

supercat wrote: Cabba is a beast compared to Tien. Even at equal power levels he'd probably destroy Tien. Saiyans seem more durable and seem to have a natural sense of combat. That is unless Tien decides to be cheap and use Solar Flare. But if that Tri-beam of his misses, he's basically done for.
Also, Cabba kicked out two guys in base as if they were nothing and headed straight for Vegeta, whom he had seen as an SSB before. Not saying that he'd have stood a chance, but he clearly is above the low-level players of this tournament.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:15 pm

darzap wrote:
HeroR wrote:Gogeta Blue would be much, much weaker than Vegetto Blue.
Damn, you're right, that totally changes my ill-informed response to that clearly answerable question. I just did the math again and Vegetto Blue is ~14.239, just barely above Jiren with ~14.109, while Gogeta Blue is surely below that with his ~13.584. How silly of me.
What? According to my math, your numbers are off by 4. Vegetto Blue is 10.239, Jiren is 10.109 and Gogeta Blue is 9.584.
That is, of course, on the totally still legit Toriyama scale of 15-10-6.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:23 pm

emperior wrote:That is, of course, on the totally still legit Toriyama scale of 15-10-6.
Are you kidding, right? An obsolete scale made 4 years ago that only applies to BoG (movie)? I don't even know if we can call it a scale, it was just Toriyama coming with numbers from his head to measure Whis, Beerus and SSJ God at time.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:30 pm

Noah wrote:
emperior wrote:That is, of course, on the totally still legit Toriyama scale of 15-10-6.
Are you kidding, right? An obsolete scale made 4 years ago that only applies to BoG (movie)? I don't even know if we can call it a scale, it was just Toriyama coming with numbers from his head to measure Whis, Beerus and SSJ God at time.
I think that was sarcasm.

darzap
Beyond Newbie

Post by darzap » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:32 pm

emperior wrote: What? According to my math, your numbers are off by 4. Vegetto Blue is 10.239, Jiren is 10.109 and Gogeta Blue is 9.584.
Well, duh, it's legit. It has numbers and Toriyama in it and it was uttered once in an interview, so it's legit forever. I'll recheck my numbers though, I hope I correctly factored in the diameter of the whole Vegeta blew into the RoSaT, the geometry of Goku's hair spikes averaged over the last 10 episodes and a number of white sparks around Vegeta Blue's body after leaving the Mafuba jar. What would we ever do without the rigid science of DB power scaling?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:34 pm

TheMikado wrote:I think that was sarcasm.
Oh, that's better then :)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:38 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Noah wrote:
I think that was sarcasm.
That was definitely sarcastic :lol:
Super has shitted on that scale in many ways. It's also worth noting that Beerus' main "source" of power would probably be his almost mastered Ultra Instinct, which means that until episode 110 happened, Goku was still very far away from ever being a threat to Beerus.
Hopefully we will finally get their rematch after this arc! We need to see Beerus finally going all-out.
darzap wrote:
emperior wrote: What? According to my math, your numbers are off by 4. Vegetto Blue is 10.239, Jiren is 10.109 and Gogeta Blue is 9.584.
Well, duh, it's legit. It has numbers and Toriyama in it and it was uttered once in an interview, so it's legit forever. I'll recheck my numbers though, I hope I correctly factored in the diameter of the whole Vegeta blew into the RoSaT, the geometry of Goku's hair spikes averaged over the last 10 episodes and a number of white sparks around Vegeta Blue's body after leaving the Mafuba jar. What would we ever do without the rigid science of DB power scaling?
Don't you forget to calculate how much time it took Goku to reach Jiren when he threw the kick after transforming, of course remember to make an estimation of the distance he travelled. Also, calculate the speed of Goku's kicks and punches as a SSB and compare it to his speed back in BoG arc when he fought Beerus as a SSG to correctly guess how much Goku's power has increased.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:11 pm

The spoilers said that Freeza wasnt amused that Vegeta was motivating Cabba iirc. For some reason I think that Freeza will motivate Cabba in his own way(See PV), in order to gain Vegetas trust.

Noticed that Freeza wants to gain everyones trust.

First Gohan by pretending to betray the team, then Goku after he healed him, now seems to be Vegetas turn :think:

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:13 pm

darzap wrote:
supercat wrote: Cabba is a beast compared to Tien. Even at equal power levels he'd probably destroy Tien. Saiyans seem more durable and seem to have a natural sense of combat. That is unless Tien decides to be cheap and use Solar Flare. But if that Tri-beam of his misses, he's basically done for.
Also, Cabba kicked out two guys in base as if they were nothing and headed straight for Vegeta, whom he had seen as an SSB before. Not saying that he'd have stood a chance, but he clearly is above the low-level players of this tournament.
Cabba is at least a mid tier in the tournament along with caulifla,piccolo etc

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:14 pm

I wonder what makes next week's episode a must see....

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:16 pm

pacz360 wrote:I wonder what makes next week's episode a must see....
Who's going to be beating Cabba's ass more. The U4 girl, Frieza or Vegeta.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:18 pm

supercat wrote:
Olympian wrote:
darzap wrote:
Too bad they didn't bring Yamcha. He could have been one-shotted by Lilibeu or Basil just to mark the start of the timer.
That`s what you have Cabba there for, gents.
Cabba is a beast compared to Tien. Even at equal power levels he'd probably destroy Tien. Saiyans seem more durable and seem to have a natural sense of combat. That is unless Tien decides to be cheap and use Solar Flare. But if that Tri-beam of his misses, he's basically done for.
You don`t need to defend his usefulness in the show just because he`s a Saiyan. He`s a beast that hasn`t done anything uniquely worth other than be provoked by Vegeta and have the later watch his back the entire Tournament.

Or, in your line of reasoning, a "weakling" to be used to promote someone else that can actually make waves.
Last edited by Olympian on Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

darzap
Beyond Newbie

Post by darzap » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:20 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Who's going to be beating Cabba's ass more. The U4 girl, Frieza or Vegeta.
I'd say Vegeta. He is really fond of Cabba and that's how he expresses his feelings. Just ask Trunks (no matter which timeline) or Goku.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:25 pm

Make it the U4 girl, someone needs to make a name if they are going to stay a bit longer.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:41 pm

:lol:
perucho1990 wrote:The spoilers said that Freeza wasnt amused that Vegeta was motivating Cabba iirc. For some reason I think that Freeza will motivate Cabba in his own way(See PV), in order to gain Vegetas trust.

Noticed that Freeza wants to gain everyones trust.

First Gohan by pretending to betray the team, then Goku after he healed him, now seems to be Vegetas turn :think:
That...is a very good point, actually. Frieza's been on a roll of 'haha I was just pretending to be evil' lately. Could that be what he's up to? :think:

Earning everyone's trust before he stabs them in the back. :lol:

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:42 pm

Am I the only one who noticed that they keep mentioning Jiren's "glare?" I wonder if that is his secret. Meaning a well timed Solar Flare could spell disaster for Jiren.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208