"Raging Blast 2" Gigantic On-Going Gaming Discussion

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Blue
Advanced Regular

Re: Raging Blast 2 is Alive!

Post by Blue » Sun May 09, 2010 12:46 pm

Raging Blast is the only Tenkaichi game I've really loved thus far and I'm happy to see a sequel. The graphics look really nice, hopefully we'll see some new stuff in future updates. It's really impossible to tell anything from that poster and I bet the Japanese text says something like "Super fun exciting game, good times" instead of any additional info. Here's hoping for a more complete roster this time around. I doubt they'll keep SSJ3 Vegeta and Brolly.

Oh yeah and rabble rabble rabble Raging Blast Vs. Budokai!
Herms wrote: The DB wikai lists “Rolie Buu” as one of this form’s alternate name, though I have no clue who calls him that.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Sun May 09, 2010 12:55 pm

Quite honestly? SSj3 Broli and SSj3 Vegeta weren't earth-shattering additions by any means, but I'd love for them to be kept all the same. Any element that stands out as different from the same ol' DB story is a good thing, even if it's just fanwank characters.

Plus . . . I mean, c'mon. SSj3 for Vegeta. He so earned it. Let 'I'm keep it.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Blue
Advanced Regular

Post by Blue » Sun May 09, 2010 1:10 pm

I really have no issue with SSJ3 Vegeta he just had the misfortune of being paired up with SSJ3 Brolly. Now I can't help but to hate him by association.
Herms wrote: The DB wikai lists “Rolie Buu” as one of this form’s alternate name, though I have no clue who calls him that.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Sun May 09, 2010 2:35 pm

SS3 Gohan isn't needed for any aspect of the show because it would destroy Ultimate Gohan.

Vegeta Jr
Regular

Post by Vegeta Jr » Sun May 09, 2010 4:21 pm

I hope they add people who haven't been in any game yet like Paragus and Rildo.

A cool what if and I don't know WHY it hasn't been done yet is Teen Gotenks.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sun May 09, 2010 4:26 pm

Have Older Goten and Trunks been in the games?
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Vegeta Jr
Regular

Post by Vegeta Jr » Sun May 09, 2010 4:29 pm

No which is ridiculous, even in Tenkaichi 3 where even none DB was introduced.

Blue
Advanced Regular

Post by Blue » Sun May 09, 2010 4:31 pm

Vegeta Jr wrote: A cool what if and I don't know WHY it hasn't been done yet is Teen Gotenks.
True, it would be an extremly easy model to make seeing as how they already have an adult fusion body/legs made. All they would need to do is switch the colors on the jacket and model a head.

Vegeta Jr
Regular

Post by Vegeta Jr » Sun May 09, 2010 4:33 pm

Yep, they even have a complete moveset to use, just use young Gotenks' moveset but change a few things here and there to show they aren't immature anymore (SGKA for instance).

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun May 09, 2010 8:20 pm

Meh, once I see a trailer and something then I will check it out.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

GreggMays64
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GreggMays64 » Sun May 09, 2010 9:36 pm

I say we have Ultimate Gohan in it. As for the villains, we have all the main lackey's of the Frieza group (Saiyan's included), and the one in the Artificial Human group, but not in the Majin Group. We need Spopovich, Yamu, Pui Pui, Yakon, Dabura, and Babidi. As for Majin Buu's forms, I say we have Fat Buu, Evil Buu, Super Buu (Gotenks Absorbed, Piccolo Absorbed, Gohan Absorbed), and Kid Buu.

Now for the movie characters, I would love to see Cooler (Form 4, Form 5), and Meta Cooler. I also want to see Cooler Form 1-3 as a what if character.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun May 09, 2010 10:05 pm

For What If transformations then I would like to see something original like King Cold Form 3-5 or a Fifth Form Freeza. Freeza in his fifth form might not look any different then Cooler in his final form but still better then SSj3 Broly IMO.
She/Her

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Mon May 10, 2010 12:12 am

I want to see some Great Ape Cell.
Or at least: Image

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Mon May 10, 2010 12:14 am

I think I'll rebuy BT3 instead of getting RB2.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon May 10, 2010 1:04 am

I want the star pieces to be gone, and have a story mode more like Budokai 3. I remember reading that Budokai 3 story mode was going to have characters run across the Planet before they change it? I won't mind seeing that in a story mode.
She/Her

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Mon May 10, 2010 1:10 am

I'm disappointed with the new graphics. Raging Blast 1 had almost perfect character models (See: SSJ3 Goku). All that needed to be fixed was shading.

The idea with the Sparking!/RB games is to play the show. Why is making the characters look more like CG characters than cartoon characters the favoured look of the game? Dragon Ball is a hand-drawn anime, not some CG show, like half the shit on American children's TV these days.

The realistic glare on Freeza's shiny, purple head made me facepalm and sigh.

I'm also not impressed with the fact that the shape of Vegeta's head is still just weird and makes me groan. It looks too narrow or something. It's a shame, since they had it perfect in Sparking! METEOR.

Dragon Ball video game players to an outside source, probably seem to be the most OCD, nit-picky hard-to-please assholes out there, but honestly... it's completely justified.

They give us three games in a series, the last in it being just near perfect (which could've been done in the second installment if the developers used common sense and not taken baby steps in each new game), where you just wish a fourth would be released, addressing the last several problems (which of course they leave in and are bad enough to hinder complete fulfillment). But of course, they keep screwing us over. Raging Blast, honestly, should've been a goddamn masterpiece. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but they certainly learned a lot from making Sparking! to Sparking! METEOR. Why can't they use that same knowledge on Raging Blast? Nope, of course not. They just want to keep leaving important aspects out (*cough* Mystic Gohan *cough*), so we'll keep coming for more. So when they announce a feature we should just expect by now, everyone goes wild. It's brilliant, really. When it was announced that in-game transformations were in Sparking! NEO, it made everyone excited.
Last edited by Thanos on Mon May 10, 2010 1:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon May 10, 2010 1:12 am

The graphics remind me of the intro graphics in the first BT game.
She/Her

mystic trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mystic trunks » Mon May 10, 2010 1:48 am

Thanos wrote: The realistic glare on Freeza's shiny, purple head made me facepalm and sigh.
You realize it was even like that in the show right? Just look at your own avatar.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon May 10, 2010 2:52 am

B wrote:Have Older Goten and Trunks been in the games?
They wouldn't be hard to add, though. Just tweak Future Trunks' model for GT Trunks and Gohan's Buu era model for Goten and bam, done.

Of course, they're too lazy to even add GT Trunks in as his own character, instead giving his lines (related intros/outros vs certain characters) to Future Trunks. :?
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Mon May 10, 2010 4:51 am

Rory wrote:
A PSP port doesn't have the same expectations (or budget) as a full fledged game.
As for Infinite World? I kind of a agree and kind of don't. Sure it was a rehash, but that was the point, it wasn't the latest PS3 awesomeness that Burst Limit set itself up to be, it was meant to be the "final" Budokai game for PS2 owners (however unsuccessful it may have been).
No matter how you put it, the Shin Budokai series and Infinite World are just rehashes of Budokai 3.

It's unfair to say that the Budokai Tenkaichi series made by Spike are just rehashes of one another based on the fact that 3 looks (gameplay wise) a lot like 2, when Dimps is gulity of the same thing.