How did Goten and Trunks beat Broly?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:24 pm

See the problem is that Movie 8 takes place during a time that couldn't happen. Gohan is SSJ, but Neither him nor Goku display the FPSSJ form, IE they are in base form before fighting. So it Can't take place after they came out of the room of spirit and time, but it can't take place before either.
Also, the only thing that shows us that it is after Vegeta and Trunks went in is because of Trunks' hair length.

If it does in fact take place after Vegeta and Trunks came out of the ROSAT, and some how Gohan and Goku left the room mid training, then Vegeta would be the strongest current fighter with the best skill set. So, all of the Z senshi should have given there power to Vegeta to kill Broly as he would have the best chance.
But then again Goku is the Main Character, and Vegeta is only allowed to kill side villains.

So, lets just say that Broly is stronger than USSJ Vegeta, but weaker than Perfect Cell. I think that covers it.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:34 pm

Movie 8 could happen if Vegeta didn't screw around, killed Cell, 18 got shut down, and then somebody poked their head into the RoSaT and told Goku and Gohan, "Hey, they're dead, you can come out now."

So the world is saved, and a few weeks later, everyone goes on a picnic in the cherry tree groves.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:35 pm

Maybe movies can be seen as what if stories?
Broly!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:37 pm

KingBroly wrote:Maybe movies can be seen as what if stories?
That's exactly what they are. Separate, extra stories. They're not really intended to fit into the main series timeline.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:38 pm

What would Tree of Might and Cooler's Revenge be?
Broly!

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:46 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
KingBroly wrote:Maybe movies can be seen as what if stories?
That's exactly what they are. Separate, extra stories. They're not really intended to fit into the main series timeline.
KingBroly wrote:What would Tree of Might and Cooler's Revenge be?
You just asked a question to which you received the answer in the last post. Tree of Might and Cooler's Revenge are both movies, so they would be placed in the same category as what was just mentioned which is a what-if.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:08 pm

No. I mean what alternate event would take place for them to happen?

Like Broly is what if Vegeta killed Cell and Goku and Gohan left the time chamber as normal super saiyans.
Broly!

Pain

Post by Pain » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:39 pm

KingBroly wrote:Who was stronger? Gohan or Cell?
We've had this conversation numerous times before.
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:42 pm

Yeah but I just joined today.
Broly!

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:44 pm

If it does in fact take place after Vegeta and Trunks came out of the ROSAT, and some how Gohan and Goku left the room mid training, then Vegeta would be the strongest current fighter with the best skill set. So, all of the Z senshi should have given there power to Vegeta to kill Broly as he would have the best chance.
Not really, Vegeta was freaking over 50% SSJ Goku's power. So as long as his max in the movie was 50% or more of his Cell Games max he'd still out class Vegeta. Going off my levels SSJ Vegeta is like, 250 million at this point, which is likely what Vegeta would have compared it to (SSJ to SSJ, since SSJU was only mildly more useful). Even then SSJU Vegeta's like 450 million. So if this was near the end of Goku's training and he'd made it to the low 500 millions by this point then he'd still outclass even SSJU Vegeta.

'sides, Trunks was stronger than Vegeta. SSJU2's speed restrictions would have made little impact if Trunks was just slamming a fist full of energy into Brolly's gut. :D
What would Tree of Might and Cooler's Revenge be?

~

No. I mean what alternate event would take place for them to happen?

Like Broly is what if Vegeta killed Cell and Goku and Gohan left the time chamber as normal super saiyans.
Open to interpretation, really. Such things are just fan speculation. But IMO the movies 'what-if' branches are like this:

Movie 1: Garlic Jr. shows up. (Really, that's all that needs happen for it to work. XD)

Movie 2: Piccolo doesn't die fighting the Saiya-jins, Vegeta is killed in the battle, and any Z Fighters who did die are wished back.

Movie 3: Same as the above.

Movie 4: Same again.

Movie 5: Goku left himself get wished to Earth instead of staying in space.

Movie 6: Movie 5 happened. :P

Movie 7: Unseen timeline (Don't. Ask. Seriously. Timelines are a pain.)

Movie 8: Covered already.

Movie 9: Bojack shows up (again, that's all that needs happen. What's more, nothing says he COULDN'T have shown up anyway).

Movie 10: Movie 8 happens.

Movie 11: Movie 10 happens.

Movie 12: Gotenks actually killed Super Buu (or Hercule was successful in making Majin Buu good and Super Buu never appeared).

Movie 13: Hildegarn appears (same as with movie 9, really, no contradictions).
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Pain

Post by Pain » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:45 pm

Since you're "A New Guy"(I think), you need to explore the forums more. A lot of the questions that you ask have already been asked. I myself am still a new guy. I'm still getting used to this forum. :?

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:46 pm

KingBroly wrote:Yeah but I just joined today.
Listen, we're all trying to help you out here, but these are the kinds of posts that are going to get you banned. Heed our warnings and clean up your posting etiquette before you get banned.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:47 pm

Xyex wrote:SSJU2's speed restrictions would have made little impact if Trunks was just slamming a fist full of energy into Brolly's gut. :D
But... he couldn't even get near Cell's gut. :D

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:49 pm

Movie 9: Bojack shows up (again, that's all that needs happen. What's more, nothing says he COULDN'T have shown up anyway).
No. It doesn't work because Trunks was there and Trunks went back to his future the day after Cell died.
Broly!

Pain

Post by Pain » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:49 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:
KingBroly wrote:Yeah but I just joined today.
Listen, we're all trying to help you out here, but these are the kinds of posts that are going to get you banned. Heed our warnings and clean up your posting etiquette before you get banned.
Yeah, I went through the same thing when I first joined. And since you make new threads a lot, people might think that you're spamming. If I were you I'd make less threads before Vegetto EX passes his judgment. And I'm still surprised that you have that many posts...in one day. :?

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:51 pm

KingBroly wrote:
No. It doesn't work because Trunks was there and Trunks went back to his future the day after Cell died.
He said that he was going back to visit everyone just before the Cell in his time attacked him. :D

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:55 pm

Oh really? That must mean that Bojack Unbound takes place three years after Cell dies, but I wonder why Goku and King Kai are still near Snake Way.
Broly!

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:00 am

No, he just... chose to go back in time to a little while after he left. Just because three years passed in his time doesn't mean he has to go back three years after he last left. :D

Don't you know how time travel works?

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:02 am

Oh. I thought he would have gone back to the same timeline he originally travelled to.
Broly!

Pain

Post by Pain » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:12 am

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:No, he just... chose to go back in time to a little while after he left. Just because three years passed in his time doesn't mean he has to go back three years after he last left. :D

Don't you know how time travel works?
Maybe Son Goku uses Snake Way(A running exercise) as a warm up for his training now? I can see that being possible.