"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaboom

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Kaboom » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:09 am

I'm sure there could be many... fascinating arguments made for Broli being somehow capable of wiping out a whole galaxy in seconds, but a thread dedicated to an upcoming video game is not the place for such a discussion.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:14 am

Kaboom wrote:I'm sure there could be many... fascinating arguments made for Broli being somehow capable of wiping out a whole galaxy in seconds, but a thread dedicated to an upcoming video game is not the place for such a discussion.
Speaking of, what system you getting this on? General consensus seems to be PS3
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:18 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I wouldn't worry. Dimps puts forth a good amount of effort into these things. I'm sure they've probably coded in a variable for each size body type of the races.
Hopefully. The worry is brought on by some of the design choices with these outfits. Saiyans not having tails unless its battle armor they wear, etc. Just makes me think how much effort they went into cutscenes and such.
I dunno, the CaC sounds really sloppily thrown together if things like these issues are even a problem. I mean, tails apart of the armour? Even on non-Saiyan characters? Scouters limited to only 4 base colours? Default costumes cant be recoloured? All Male majins have to be fat? Girl bodies have to be really tiny? Super Buu isnt the male body alternative? No eye size toggle?
This doesn't even sound like something even Spike would purposely do.
Last edited by SingleFringe&Sparks on Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:19 am

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I wouldn't worry. Dimps puts forth a good amount of effort into these things. I'm sure they've probably coded in a variable for each size body type of the races.
Hopefully. The worry is brought on by some of the design choices with these outfits. Saiyans not having tails unless its battle armor they wear, etc. Just makes me think how much effort they went into cutscenes and such.
I dunno, the CaC sounds really sloppily thrown together if things like these issues are even a problem. I mean, tails apart of the armour? Even on non-Saiyan characters? Scouters limited to only 4 base colours? Default costumes cant be recoloured? All Male majins have to be fat? Girl bodies have to be really tiny? Super Buu isnt the male body alternative? No eye size toggle?

This sounds like something even Spike would purposely do.
You say that, but Spike DID do a CaC system. Saiyans only. Males only. 3 body types. It was awful.
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:20 am

Kaboom wrote:I'm sure there could be many... fascinating arguments made for Broli being somehow capable of wiping out a whole galaxy in seconds, but a thread dedicated to an upcoming video game is not the place for such a discussion.
Well there isn't really any new information about Xenoverse right now. We have 5 races, Androids won't be added, no others currently noted. SS1&SS2 are confirmed, SS3 is in development. Demigra is still a mystery, the full story won't be shown until launch, the full character roster won't be shown until launch. Majin can't transform, Namekians can't transform, Arcosian/Freeza race can't transform. We have online hub world. 99% of players are going to make pun names and inappropriate names for lawlz. 100% chance Team Four Star will do a "Two Saiyans Play" video on it.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

SingleFringe&Sparks

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:22 am

Haseowolf wrote:You say that, but Spike DID do a CaC system. Saiyans only. Males only. 3 body types. It was awful.
Spike as a company is just uncreative period though. They assumed that the audience only wants to play as male-Saiyan-goku-clones when that surely wasn't the case from the complaints. Then again, I expected a lot more from Dimps. So far the concept of Xenoverse is pure brilliant, the things they overlook within it are just embarassingly tarneshing for their near perfect game track record... whats the excuse for them?
Last edited by SingleFringe&Sparks on Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:35 am, edited 5 times in total.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:26 am

Spike's version was pretty awful from what I've seen (never played it though), but it did do somethings better than what DImps has done. At least judging on the material we have. The final product could have more options. Who knows yet.

Despite the fact the story revolves around a character creation though, I'd argue that the character creation itself wasn't what Dimps were going to focus most of their energy on to begin with. I'd be willing to bet that they have handled the the story, cutscene and combat material better than character customization system.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:29 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Spike's version was pretty awful from what I've seen (never played it though), but it did do somethings better than what DImps has done. At least judging on the material we have. The final product could have more options. Who knows yet.

Despite the fact the story revolves around a character creation though, I'd argue that the character creation itself wasn't what Dimps were going to focus most of their energy on to begin with. I'd be willing to bet that they have handled the the story, cutscene and combat material better than character customization system.
Which is hopefully expanded upon in DLC/patches.

Id love to see a Bulma pack, giving female humans and Saiyans every hairstyle she's had from DB to GT.
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:31 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Speaking of, what system you getting this on? General consensus seems to be PS3
PC Master Race, baby. I'll be getting it on Steam. Hopefully I'll have the money to pre-order by February (I'm not going to risk NOT getting SS4 Vegeta), and a few other people to play with if it doesn't have cross-platform play.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:42 am

Kaboom wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:Speaking of, what system you getting this on? General consensus seems to be PS3
PC Master Race, baby. I'll be getting it on Steam. Hopefully I'll have the money to pre-order by February (I'm not going to risk NOT getting SS4 Vegeta), and a few other people to play with if it doesn't have cross-platform play.
Huh, well at least youll be able to mod the scrapped SSJG design into the game.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:54 am

Kaboom wrote:
Hurray! I'm not going to be alone on Steam.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:22 am

Ya gotta get it on PS3 too at least. Lots of us are and we have a idea for a Kanzenshuu Tenkaichi Budokai.

cesarcoronel07
Beyond Newbie

Post by cesarcoronel07 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:48 am

Majin female with Mr. Satans clothes and hairstyle :wtf: Now I've seen everything! :lol: I'm glad they didnt forget Launch (I think Akira forgot about her at one point :think:) and included her clothes as a costume set, way to go Dimps! :thumbup:

mysticboy

Post by mysticboy » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:28 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Ya gotta get it on PS3 too at least. Lots of us are and we have a idea for a Kanzenshuu Tenkaichi Budokai.
I'll be getting it on PS3 as well and I want in on some tournament action. What's your PSN? Mine is LSSJBrodock.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:44 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Ya gotta get it on PS3 too at least. Lots of us are and we have a idea for a Kanzenshuu Tenkaichi Budokai.
Nah I can't get it on both systems. And I just don't have the reliable internet for my PS3.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:48 am

Possibly getting a PS4 as a gift soon, but don't have the resources to pay for PS+ for online...
Wouldn't mind getting it for Steam since we'll eventually have mods, but my current computer doesn't even meet the minimum specs...
Don't really want to get it on PS3 just for the online capabilities though.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:51 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Possibly getting a PS4 as a gift soon, but don't have the resources to pay for PS+ for online...
Wouldn't mind getting it for Steam since we'll eventually have mods, but my current computer doesn't even meet the minimum specs...
Don't really want to get it on PS3 just for the online capabilities though.
In your situation, id get it on PS3. Your gonna have plenty of us already to face and work with and honestly id put that above superior graphics on the PS4. It may not look as pretty but so long as the game is fun and the gameplay smooth, does it matter?

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:56 am

Considering that this is a fighting game, the CaC options seem to be pretty in depth to me. I didn't think fighting games had tons of options for CaC, but I could be wrong. I know the wrestling games give you a ton of options, but I do think they put a lot of time and thought in the options. But then again, there are lot of things that may not bother people that others may have a problem with. I don't like the saiyan armor, so putting a tail on it doesn't bother me at all. And like many have said, they can always add more via DLC which I think they will do.

As for what system, I'm gonna get it for the PS4. Although I know Ps3 will have the larger online population, I feel like I may as well get it for the next Gen System if I'm gonna get one anyway. Plus, I'm probably gonna trade in my Ps3 and all the game to put towards the PS4 anyway.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:32 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:In your situation, id get it on PS3. Your gonna have plenty of us already to face and work with and honestly id put that above superior graphics on the PS4. It may not look as pretty but so long as the game is fun and the gameplay smooth, does it matter?
See, but I rarely ever play my games online. I'm not that big on the competition (and don't have the stablest of internet for it either). I usually only play through the story and then use the versus mode for my own fun little what-if matches. I played COD4 online on the PS3 for a while (my 360 was broken when it released), but our first vs. match in the the beta/network test was my first time playing against another human for anything else on the system.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:37 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:In your situation, id get it on PS3. Your gonna have plenty of us already to face and work with and honestly id put that above superior graphics on the PS4. It may not look as pretty but so long as the game is fun and the gameplay smooth, does it matter?
See, but I rarely ever play my games online. I'm not that big on the competition (and don't have the stablest of internet for it either). I usually only play through the story and then use the versus mode for my own fun little what-if matches. I played COD4 online on the PS3 for a while (my 360 was broken when it released), but our first vs. match in the the beta/network test was my first time playing against another human for anything else on the system.
You didnt seem laggy at all on my end. Even if you arent a huge online guy, it doesnt mean it always has to be a pvp experience. We got online co-op in this too.