"DBZ: Battle of Z" (360/PS3/Vita) On-Going Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Bandai planning to "conquer the world"?

Post by Thanos » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:41 pm

Big Momma wrote:The DIMPS models also looked more like the characters. IMO. Something about the models in the Tenkaichi/RB series just seemed "off".
You must be joking...?

Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:00 pm

Thanos wrote:
Big Momma wrote:The DIMPS models also looked more like the characters. IMO. Something about the models in the Tenkaichi/RB series just seemed "off".
You must be joking...?
Oh, I'm absolutely serious.

Although the DIMPs models can be too pointy, the Spike models seem to round. And of course, later games like RB and whatnot have more anime-like shading. But in a pure, black and white sense, I prefer the Budokai 3 models. Neither is perfect/horrible, but DIMPs is closest, IMO.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:48 pm

Thanos wrote:
You must be joking...?
MMMmmm, can't argue with these visuals:
Either way, if there's one thing I want out of this game, it's for them to fix those damn mouth flaps. "Babababababa", indeed.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:58 pm

This fanvideo of Burst Limit 2 looks like an interesting idea of the use What-If in it, in case it had been included.

Between Raging Blast 3 and Burst Limit 2, I'd definitely take BL2 over RB3. Still, no Yamamoto music on BL2 would be suckish ( :( ) but Takaki's score is really good too (it tends to some the same but enjoyable nevertheless).
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:24 pm

I would love a BL2, but I just can't see it happening. :/

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:56 pm

Although fans here and there are constantly asking for Raging Blast 3 and if this is the game they're going to release this year, and in case it's shit they'll just burn themselves for getting people's hopes up and publish another recycled game when they could do a DB in SF's gameplay or Budokai (anything but Spike!).
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:28 pm

Its a sad day for a franchise when it has to become a SF clone to be viable.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:47 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:Although fans here and there are constantly asking for Raging Blast 3 and if this is the game they're going to release this year, and in case it's shit they'll just burn themselves for getting people's hopes up and publish another recycled game when they could do a DB in SF's gameplay or Budokai (anything but Spike!).
dbboxkaifan I've been to a couple of DBZ boards when we were trying to get the DZ likes and so far your the frist person I met really against a Tenkachi 4.

If you don't like the spike series you don't have to like but to say no one would play it or buy it when it's the opposite consensus is wrong.

A SF like DBZ game mught be good for hardcore fighting fans but Tenkaichi is how a DBZ fighter should be done with Budokai at a close close 2nd.

TheGameTagerZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGameTagerZ » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:34 pm

Thanos wrote:
You must be joking...?

Terrible comparison.

Lets just ignore DBZ Burst Limit right?

While you're at it you might as well compare DBZ UT graphics to Buu's Fury

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:58 pm

^

I'd say thats a fair comparison, Its comparing Budokai 2 or 3 or even Infinite World to Tenkaichi 1, 2 or 3 which are last gen Dragon Ball games.

Personally I feel like Raging Blast 1 or Ultimate Shitaichi had the best graphics this generation, Burst Limits were good but know where near to the pedestal that some people put them at.
Raging Blast 1's graphic did the best at resembling the anime while UT did the rare thing in trying to capture the art style of the manga which hasn't been done since the grate Super DBZ and it (UT) did an pretty good job at digitizing Toriyama's illustrations and the gradual battle damage is a plus imo.

If Dimps ever tries their hand at a DragonBall game again it better have in game battle damage or at least a damaged costume for all the characters, no in game battle damage after getting it consecutively for the previous three games was one of my personal nit picks on Burst Limit outside of its obvious flaws.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:21 pm

Burst Limit's graphics are still my favorite look for any DBZ game. The hair and body movement was so fluid.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:30 pm

A burst Limt 2 from Saiyan- Buu with a character creator would be a nice game. As long as we Get, Bardock, Broly, Cooler and Janemba.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:52 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:A burst Limt 2 from Saiyan- Buu with a character creator would be a nice game. As long as we Get, Bardock, Broly, Cooler and Janemba.
...Nah. I'd prefer a game that exclusively covers the movies.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:28 pm

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:...Nah. I'd prefer a game that exclusively covers the movies.
That'll serve as bout as much of a purpose as Storm Generations if not an even more pointless one.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:29 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:...Nah. I'd prefer a game that exclusively covers the movies.
That'll serve as bout as much of a purpose as Storm Generations if not an even more pointless one.
Haha, I have know idea on what Storm Generations is. I assume it's a Naruto game though.

As for the movie-thing, I haven't played it, but I'm pretty sure Shin Budokai exclusively covers DBZ movie 12. I guess something like that is more suitable for portable platforms.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:35 pm

Shin Budokai is more of a what-if based on Movie 12, I think. It really fleshes out the story.

But if you're going to fit ALL the movies into the game, you're not going to get that fleshing out and then you're stuck with shit like a single fight to represent a whole movie.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:39 pm

The plot for Shin Budokai is so crazy that most of it made no sense. The plot for Shin Budokai 2 is even worst in my opinion.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:51 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:The graphics of UT to me looked great and better than the rest but that's all the game actually did really well (that, and tons of cutscenes everywhere).

[images clipped]

Anyway, knowing that NB's using Nostal's ideas my expectations have been set to none.
Those were ok, and I will say they look better behind a white background, but here they are with their backgrounds.

http://www.armchairempire.com/images/Re ... ichi-4.jpg
http://www.gamedynamo.com/images/galler ... hots-1.jpg
http://quebuentrip.com/mail/dragon-ball ... be-i18.jpg(He looks like he's all one color)

They are all muddy and dark. The color pallets just makes the game look dull and boring. That's everything Dragonball isn't.
goku the krump dancer wrote: Personally I feel like Raging Blast 1 or Ultimate Shitaichi had the best graphics this generation, Burst Limits were good but know where near to the pedestal that some people put them at.
I have two words for Raging Blast...Banana hair. The style was a lot better than RB2 and UT but that hair.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:02 am

I think they were probably going for the style of Toriyama's illustrations but I don't think that was executed or conveyed very well in the art/models.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:42 am

Saimaroimaru wrote:Its a sad day for a franchise when it has to become a SF clone to be viable.
It doesn't have to be an SF clone, the characters can have their own fighting style and ultimate attacks but overall similar gameplay to SF. SF's excellent so it wouldn't be a sad day at all, sad is having constantly the same Tenkaichi crap almost every year.
miguelnuva1 wrote:A SF like DBZ game mught be good for hardcore fighting fans but Tenkaichi is how a DBZ fighter should be done with Budokai at a close close 2nd.
If Tenkaichi was properly developed, i.e, a technical fighting game that required skill instead of mashing the buttons then it might be good but it's no better than Smash Bros for that matter. Button masher games are good for short amounts of gaming, whereas true fighting games have unlimited replay value.

Not to mention that wherever I see people asking for Tenkaichi 4 or R. Blast 3 it's always "please include 160/200 characters", they completely forget about its gameplay.
miguelnuva1 wrote:A burst Limt 2 from Saiyan- Buu with a character creator would be a nice game. As long as we Get, Bardock, Broly, Cooler and Janemba.
We've already gone through the entire Z arcs too many times, and with another one like this it'd just keep on pending until the franchise actually started to evolve.

Well, with Namco Bandai in charge it will never evolve.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray