GT is mostly hated on US, CAN and UK?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Re: GT is mostly hated on US, CAN and UK?

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:40 pm

Herms wrote:Yeah, I've been thinking of adding a page for GT to the Intended Endings Guide, but the short of it is that (so far as I can find) there's no good source for those "GT was supposed to run for X episodes" rumors, or the idea that it was extended to promote Final Bout. Odds are though that if GT had gotten better ratings it would have gone on longer, and if it had done worse it would have been shorter.
Well you can just mention the fact it continued because of Final Bout.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:41 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:Actually DBGT was cancelled due to low ratings system. So even in Japan it wasn't all that popular. It might have continue with GOku JR had it not been cancelled. "Originally intended to span 40 episodes, the series continued for another 24 episodes, ending after two years on the air seemingly due to lower-than-expected ratings."
*Googles sentence in quotes*

*first hit is DB Wikia*

T-t-t-t-t-t-that's all, folks!
No disrespect but jokes on you :lol: . That was stated in an dbz article in 1998. Long before Dbz wiki..

T-t-t-t-t-t-that's all, folks!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:54 pm

You've mentioned two things without citations, whereas the entirety of the rest of Kanzenshuu lists each source -- sometimes multiple ones where applicable -- any time a claim is made.

There's nothing that makes a researcher more happy than learning they're wrong, learning why they're wrong, how they're wrong, and where the information comes from. Right now, though, all you've said is "an article" from 1998.

I've been running this site since 1998, nevermind how long I've been a fan, and I continue to know just about these nebulous claims and no actual source.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

TheWhiz
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheWhiz » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:14 pm

AnimeMaakuo wrote:
Blade wrote:Oh, back when I was first getting in Dragonball Z back in 2000 I remember buying a Japanese import of it with some of my birthday money. I was literally blown away by the amazing quality of the 3D graphics and the fact I could fight as a Super Saiyan and fire a cell-shaded Kamehameha. As a 10 year old I found it to be totally engrossing, but nowhere near as engrossing as I later found Dragonball Z Legends to be. I suppose that was my watershed moment in appreciating the fun of a game over its aesthetic appearance, which to a kid is usually everything.
There's one thing about Final Bout which made my head turn every time I played Super Saiyan 4 Goku:

HAHAHAHAHA. I almost passed out from laughing so hard :lol: :lol:

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:18 pm

VegettoEX wrote:You've mentioned two things without citations, whereas the entirety of the rest of Kanzenshuu lists each source -- sometimes multiple ones where applicable -- any time a claim is made.

There's nothing that makes a researcher more happy than learning they're wrong, learning why they're wrong, how they're wrong, and where the information comes from. Right now, though, all you've said is "an article" from 1998.

I've been running this site since 1998, nevermind how long I've been a fan, and I continue to know just about these nebulous claims and no actual source.
Fine. I 'll give you a link from mt source. Just saying you was wrong for saying I used Db wiki lol.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:20 pm

It's not just in Usa,Can, and Uk. I'm from South Korean and when GT aired there. It wasn't really liked. The negative feedback it got was similar to the Usa. On tv it got good ratings and views but the feedback was horrible.