Dragon Ball: Evolution- Speculation and Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Ghost Kamikaze
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:11 am

Chuquita wrote: So! Has anyone pre-ordered the junior novel?
I have definitely gotten halfway through the checkout process something like five times. A few times just for the junior novel, and a couple for the Chapter Book and Junior Novel together. In the end, I don't think I'll be able to justify paying shipping for something that is going to be sitting in the Manga section of every bookstore in town on release day.

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:15 am

Super Ghost Kamikaze wrote:
Chuquita wrote: So! Has anyone pre-ordered the junior novel?
I have definitely gotten halfway through the checkout process something like five times. A few times just for the junior novel, and a couple for the Chapter Book and Junior Novel together. In the end, I don't think I'll be able to justify paying shipping for something that is going to be sitting in the Manga section of every bookstore in town on release day.
Exactly how I feel.
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:38 am

Super Ghost Kamikaze wrote: My high school classes were scheduled in alternating blocks of 4, so I'd alternate between two sets of 4 classes a day each day. So basically, I'd have 8 classes but only 4 classes worth of stuff to lug around each day.
Hey, that's how my school works too!

Well, with the authenticity of this review in question I wonder if the Makankô-sappô shall still be used...
Last edited by JulieYBM on Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:41 am

JulieYBM wrote: I wonder if the Makankô-sappô shal still be used...
the shape of the special beam cannon is the same, He does the same pose as in the anime where he puts his fingers to his head.

(Piccolo wishes for youth and is interrupted by Roshi before he can make his second wish) It ultimately fails and Piccolo pierces Roshi's heart with a Special Beam Cannon.
There you have it.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:43 am

SHINOBI-03 wrote:
JulieYBM wrote: I wonder if the Makankô-sappô shal still be used...
the shape of the special beam cannon is the same, He does the same pose as in the anime where he puts his fingers to his head.

(Piccolo wishes for youth and is interrupted by Roshi before he can make his second wish) It ultimately fails and Piccolo pierces Roshi's heart with a Special Beam Cannon.
There you have it.
I said 'with the authenticity in question will there still be ca Makankô-sappô', as in even if this review is fake.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

Super Ghost Kamikaze

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:25 am

The only thing that looks like its original counterpart, so far, is the Mafuba. If that green, swirling blast IS in fact the Mafuba.

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:44 am

Now he's saying he can't say direct lines because he wasn't really paying attention. THEN WHY MAKE A THREAD ABOUT IT?

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:07 pm

Well, I re watched the International trailer yesterday, as I hadn't watched it since it's initial release, and I have to say, it got me pumped up, especially with the new info from JAPPO and others. And you can clearly tell that isn't Goku Roshi is talking to when he says, "You are the only one who can do it!"

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:46 pm

Yeah I'm positive he's fake now.

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:52 pm

Well, if it was a plant, it has certaintly worked. I am sure me and most people who read the review will go into the theatre with greater expectations than we had before.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:18 pm

Well, that new screenshot with the strawberries (and wow does it make me think Yogurt Advertisement) certainly destroys any doubt I had about JAPPO's script's legitimacy. It's just way too specific.

Guh, strawberries are so sour by themselves though. @_@

I guess fruits film better than meat; as Goku's food fantasy in the new animated special included lots of different kinds of meat. (Also, he was alone in that dream sequence).
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:24 pm

Chuquita wrote:Well, that new screenshot with the strawberries (and wow does it make me think Yogurt Advertisement) certainly destroys any doubt I had about JAPPO's script's legitimacy. It's just way too specific.
Screenshot? Strawberries?! :shock:

linkage plz
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:26 pm

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:27 pm

All hail JAPPO.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:28 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Well, that new screenshot with the strawberries (and wow does it make me think Yogurt Advertisement) certainly destroys any doubt I had about JAPPO's script's legitimacy. It's just way too specific.
Screenshot? Strawberries?! :shock:

linkage plz

It screams "New Lowfat Yogurt; half the calories, twice the flavor."

I'm guessing that's a green-screen behind her and they're going to put some fanciful backdrop there in the final shot.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:29 pm

Well, OK... O_o

THE LEGENDS WERE TRUE...!!
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:31 pm

Heh...Of all the thing to fantasize about in the middle of class.
I completely respect your opinion, and I respect you. I enjoyed discussing this with you, even if I don't completely agree.

If we're all here for a reason then I'm just visiting.

If it's held in your heart then you can't let go.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:37 pm

Mmmm... strawberries...
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:40 pm

Chrono Trigger wrote:Heh...Of all the thing to fantasize about in the middle of class.
Strawberries are pretty damn tasty.

Rena Rune
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rena Rune » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:50 pm

She actually looks like chichi to an extent, but she need smore of a fringe and paler skin.