Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 16/07/18).

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:55 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
sintzu wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:How does this confirm no UI?
If they were hiding something Goku related they'd call it an untitled/secret Goku figure. Keep in mind they may not be releasing an UI Goku until after the movie comes out so he could still be in, just not in that particular set.
Another Ichiban Kuji won't get released for the movie. So it would make sense to pair UI Goku up with Full Power Broly if UI Goku was in the film. Ichiban Kuji is the highest tier of Banpresto figures and so no way UI wouldn't be part of the set if it were in the movie.

Anyway here's what the March IBK labelled UI Goku as:

New form Son Goku (provisional). If they wanted to hide UI for the movie they could have just labelled it as Son Goku figure (provisional). And the mystery characters specifically say "new (新) character"

Of course, it doesn't flat out confirm no UI Goku but right now looking increasingly unlikely.

Next week we get catalogues for December figures and the WCFs which haven't been revealed. Mid September we'll get January catalogues and labels as well as Feb solicits, and the the next prize fair will also take place in mid September. So we will definitely have our answer by then.
What gets me confused is what they consider “new”. Gogeta technically isn’t a new character but then again he technically is. Its like how we know who Broly is but technically the Broly from this new movie could be considered a new character.

So, in your personal opinion, do you think that if Gogeta was one of the figures, it would have said “Gogeta figure (provisional)” or can the term “new character” apply to him?

What about Bardock? Are characters who have already been revealed counted as “new” anymore?

Edit: Lol, you basically answered all my questions in the other message
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 16/07/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:20 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
sintzu wrote:
If they were hiding something Goku related they'd call it an untitled/secret Goku figure. Keep in mind they may not be releasing an UI Goku until after the movie comes out so he could still be in, just not in that particular set.
Another Ichiban Kuji won't get released for the movie. So it would make sense to pair UI Goku up with Full Power Broly if UI Goku was in the film. Ichiban Kuji is the highest tier of Banpresto figures and so no way UI wouldn't be part of the set if it were in the movie.

New form Son Goku (provisional). If they wanted to hide UI for the movie they could have just labelled it as Son Goku figure (provisional). And the mystery characters specifically say "new (新) character"

Of course, it doesn't flat out confirm no UI Goku but right now looking increasingly unlikely.

Next week we get catalogues for December figures and the WCFs which haven't been revealed. Mid September we'll get January catalogues and labels as well as Feb solicits, and the the next prize fair will also take place in mid September. So we will definitely have our answer by then.
What gets me confused is what they consider “new”. Gogeta technically isn’t a new character but then again he technically is. Its like how we know who Broly is but technically the Broly from this new movie could be considered a new character.

So, in your personal opinion, do you think that if Gogeta was one of the figures, it would have said “Gogeta figure (provisional)” or can the term “new character” apply to him?

What about Bardock? Are characters who have already been revealed counted as “new” anymore?

Fusions would definitely be hidden either way, it's what happened with SDBH and the recent Vegetto Blue. Vegetto Blue isn't new he's happened before but it was still all secretive, May's Prize Fair ominously omitted all SDBH November figures, now he's been revealed sure enough the main SDBH Nov figure was Vegetto Blue and he was also part of the Nov WCF set. That's why both were not shown.

So I assume the same thing would apply here. And if fusion is in the movie it's likely to be Gogeta over Vegetto because Vegetto as we know definitely isn't new since the mystery characters are labelled as such.

Ngl I'm getting increasingly nervous it might be Gogeta after all... Next week if we get a blanked WCF with a high ratio... Likelihood will go up to pretty much 99%...eek. Nerve racking times indeed!

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:31 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Another Ichiban Kuji won't get released for the movie. So it would make sense to pair UI Goku up with Full Power Broly if UI Goku was in the film. Ichiban Kuji is the highest tier of Banpresto figures and so no way UI wouldn't be part of the set if it were in the movie.

Fusions would definitely be hidden either way, it's what happened with SDBH and the recent Vegetto Blue. Vegetto Blue isn't new he's happened before but it was still all secretive, May's Prize Fair ominously omitted all SDBH November figures, now he's been revealed sure enough the main SDBH Nov figure was Vegetto Blue and he was also part of the Nov WCF set. That's why both were not shown.

So I assume the same thing would apply here. And if fusion is in the movie it's likely to be Gogeta over Vegetto because Vegetto as we know definitely isn't new since the mystery characters are labelled as such.

Ngl I'm getting increasingly nervous it might be Gogeta after all... Next week if we get a blanked WCF with a high ratio... Likelihood will go up to pretty much 99%...eek. Nerve racking times indeed!
And when should we expect the possible silhouettes of the characters from the Ichiban Kuji?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:59 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: What gets me confused is what they consider “new”. Gogeta technically isn’t a new character but then again he technically is. Its like how we know who Broly is but technically the Broly from this new movie could be considered a new character.

And when should we expect the possible silhouettes of the characters from the Ichiban Kuji?
Could be any time honestly (hopefully next week) nothing set about when they reveal IBK stuff.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:57 pm

Huh, the DBGT Kamehamehax10 SSJ4 Goku still doesn't show up at AmiAmi but BigBadToyStore has it on preorder already. Curious.

Is there any chance fo some kind of reveal relevant to DB at Wonderfest?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:44 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Fusions would definitely be hidden either way, it's what happened with SDBH and the recent Vegetto Blue. Vegetto Blue isn't new he's happened before but it was still all secretive, May's Prize Fair ominously omitted all SDBH November figures, now he's been revealed sure enough the main SDBH Nov figure was Vegetto Blue and he was also part of the Nov WCF set. That's why both were not shown.

Could be any time honestly (hopefully next week) nothing set about when they reveal IBK stuff.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ichibanKUJI/ ... 3711199232

Is this is Full Power Broly figure from the list you posted?

ParagonMike

Post by ParagonMike » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:45 am

I'm really messed up right now.

Can someone tell me the difference between the Jap, HK and Overseas version of the Grandista goku? I can't tell which is which

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:40 am

SSGSS.E VEGETA....

Yawn. And yup DELAYED of course as expected.

Ichiban Kuji FP Broly... Wow it's MASSIVE! (Nakazawa is NOT doing this.)

KC new company that Bandai Spirits are using to work with Banpresto. Bandai Spirits founded in April this year took distribution of the IBK off Banpresto (but they still produce) with Bandai Spirits missions being focusing on high end figures etc. This is also why IBK are now being released overseas as figures you can buy.

(Note: Goku is from June IBK not the one from the movie IBK)

October Ichiban Kuji IRL:

Shintani Key Visual Goku, Prototype vs 2nd stage Prototype:

Prototype:

2nd Stage:

Gi is darker now in colour and his skin is also darker. We know Nakazawa touched up UI FES and that's ready so these'll likely be ready by September, interested to see what the final Ultimate Soldiers line will be like.

AnimeNation101 wrote: https://mobile.twitter.com/ichibanKUJI/ ... 3711199232

Is this is Full Power Broly figure from the list you posted?
Yup.
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:Huh, the DBGT Kamehamehax10 SSJ4 Goku still doesn't show up at AmiAmi but BigBadToyStore has it on preorder already. Curious.

Is there any chance fo some kind of reveal relevant to DB at Wonderfest?
Amiami from what I can tell have been late listing figures Banpresto have changed distributors so no doubt that is a casue and why a price increase.

See rest of post above. Re: Wonder Fest.

ParagonMike wrote:I'm really messed up right now.

Can someone tell me the difference between the Jap, HK and Overseas version of the Grandista goku? I can't tell which is which
HK ver is same as Overseas main difference is the hair:

(Left is Japanese)

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:51 am

Prototype Shintani Goku looked better, the colors were perfect...

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:53 am

Xeogran wrote:Prototype Shintani Goku looked better, the colors were perfect...
Yeah, I do prefer the gi colouring a lot on the early prototype but it was to be expected since Nakzawa loves to colour Goku's gi darker, he was presumed to have sculpted it and now I am fairly confident it is him.

DasMuse
Beyond Newbie

Post by DasMuse » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:15 am

Is this the SSGSS Evolved Gigantic Vegeta?
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:SSGSS.E VEGETA....

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 29/07/18).

Post by SuperNingenGod » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:20 am

While the Gigantic series have very high quality models, they don't really capture the likeness of the anime as well as Grandista's. The interchangeable IBK look pretty good tho, love the style. As for the prototype Goku from the movie, just no. They made him look straight up Luffy lol.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:32 am

DasMuse wrote:Is this the SSGSS Evolved Gigantic Vegeta?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Yup that's the one! It's not too terrible but if Bandai charge anything more than ¥9000 they can keep it... ¥8000 would ideal. Either way doubt I'd get it as that would be I won't be able to get the movie Ichiban Kuji's.
SuperNingenGod wrote:While the Gigantic series have very high quality models, they don't really capture the likeness of the anime as well as Grandista's. The interchangeable IBK look pretty good tho, love the style. As for the prototype Goku from the movie, just no. They made him look straight up Luffy lol.
Only problem is like May IBK which had various different moulds and characters there could be production issues, unsurprisingly May was also when Bandai Spirits took over the Ichiban Kuji's... That's not a coincidence... That said the Ichiban Kuji's as a result have been more frequent so hopefully October isn't plagued with production issues and they use May as a learning curve.

December IBK shouldn't be too bad, assuming they will re use SSGSS mould for SS Goku so that means at most it'll have 4 new moulds should be more manageable.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 29/07/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:53 am

My buddy Aida went to Wonder Fest and took more pics of the Ichiban Kuji Broly said it looked roughly ~35cm in size so around SMSP size.... This thing looks f**king incredible!!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:17 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Yup that's the one! It's not too terrible but if Bandai charge anything more than ¥9000 they can keep it... ¥8000 would ideal. Either way doubt I'd get it as that would be I won't be able to get the movie Ichiban Kuji's.
Man I am just not feeling the faces on either of those figures. Maybe it's the angles or the lighting but they look pretty bad. That Broly is dope though. Holy shit.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:45 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Man I am just not feeling the faces on either of those figures. Maybe it's the angles or the lighting but they look pretty bad. That Broly is dope though. Holy shit.
Yeah I do like the hair sculpt the most. But now seeing the Broly IBK definitely gonna get that and pass on the Vegeta.

You gotta think though the two mystery characters have got to be very important to be in this line especially over Freeza and Vegeta... I'm getting worried it might be fusion after all... /: Yamoshi, Paragus etc would they really warrant such a release? :think:

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:49 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:You gotta think though the two mystery characters have got to be very important to be in this line especially over Freeza and Vegeta... I'm getting worried it might be fusion after all... /: Yamoshi, Paragus etc would they really warrant such a release? :think:
They revealed Paragus alongside Broly and Super Saiyan Full Power Broly isn't being hidden even though he's ostensibly the big money figure for this set, so I'd wager it's not him. I really don't think it'd be Gogeta for the same reason. He'd be a "new" character like Broly but he already has a 20 year history with the franchise. I think it'll be someone else.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:03 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:You gotta think though the two mystery characters have got to be very important to be in this line especially over Freeza and Vegeta... I'm getting worried it might be fusion after all... /:
I really don't think it'd be Gogeta. He already has a 20 year history with the franchise.
If Gogeta is in the movie he'll be "new" to Toriyama's "canon" just like Broly is and most importantly, he'll get the final fight so for those 2 reasons it makes sense to keep him hidden. Showing him this early or any time before the movie will spoil the entire thing as we already know a good size of it.

I still think there's a 40% chance it'll be Gogeta while 60% being UI Goku but that 60 is getting smaller by the day.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:19 pm

Are these Ultra Instinct Goku figures you posted here specifically for the movie or not Baggie Saiyan? He even stood next to SSGSSE Vegeta, so to him this question too.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:02 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:Are these Ultra Instinct Goku figures you posted here specifically for the movie or not Baggie Saiyan? He even stood next to SSGSSE Vegeta, so to him this question too.
Nope, anything with the movie will be labelled specifically as "映画ドラゴンボール超" or "ドラゴンボール超 ブロリー", "20th film" etc. In other words if you just see "ドラゴンボール超" on its own then it is from the series not movie.

Despite the film title having been revealed I still expect them to keep the "映画 (movie)" to avoid confusion.