"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TL18
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TL18 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:01 am

So far, the packs have released on Tuesdays. That's when the PS Store updates (Learned this from MKX season pass) so it'll have to be a Tuesday. Since they usually have an update, talking about the pack and teasing what's next soo Maybe next week we'll get it. Soo My bet is that it'll come out on the 11th but the other Tuesday's are on the 15th and the 25th.

Either way, I just want to play as Rose Goku now

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:21 am

Have they announced the date of the live stream yet? Don't they do those about a week-ish before release?
I'm gonna guess the 18th or the 25th will be the release date.

DaikoTheSaiyan

Post by DaikoTheSaiyan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:37 am

mfwlegend3 wrote:If Pack 3 actually came out tomorrow on the 4th like some people had thought, I'd actually be looking forward to something.

I think today we should get information about the DLC3

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:09 am

I doubt it. Would be too early for them. If I'm wrong though, I'll be surprised.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:11 am

Some folks in the Spanish community of Xenoverse 2 thought the DLC was originally to be released yesterday, because of Vandal (a famous gamer site).
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

DaikoTheSaiyan

Post by DaikoTheSaiyan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:53 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:Some folks in the Spanish community of Xenoverse 2 thought the DLC was originally to be released yesterday, because of Vandal (a famous gamer site).

Yeah, They posted in the comments saying they went wrong lol

Link : http://www.vandal.net/noticia/135068889 ... de-abril-/

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:17 pm

Bandai Namco Spain made a clarification due to the confusion regarding the release date: [spoiler]https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoES/statu ... 2829644800[/spoiler]
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:42 pm

Do you guys actually enjoy XENOVERSE premise? Time Patroller, creating your own character and stuff, atemporal villains, combat system and etc.? I find it good and original, but I wonder what they would do in the third installment of the series :think:

Arguing with a friend he said it would be better the good old fashioned way (using main characters through the full story of Z/Movies/GT) :problem:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:52 pm

Noah wrote:Do you guys actually enjoy XENOVERSE premise? Time Patroller, creating your own character and stuff, atemporal villains, combat system and etc.? I find it good and original, but I wonder what they would do in the third installment of the series :think:

Arguing with a friend he said it would be better the good old fashioned way (using main characters through the full story of Z/Movies/GT) :problem:
It was fine in the first game, but pretty much reusing the same story for the sequel was a poor decision. They really need to try something different for the third game, because there are a bunch of other possibilites that arise with the Time Patrol. Heroes is doing a better job at capitalizing on some of them for God's sake!

The only thing that should be worked on a bit regarding the combat system is that I would like to see more 2 on 1, 3 on 2, or 1 on 3 battles. It would be harder to balance than just having equal fighters on each side, especially since stamina breaks happen way to often, so good luck getting a few hits in if you get ganged up, but it would also be more fun.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:05 pm

Noah wrote:Do you guys actually enjoy XENOVERSE premise? Time Patroller, creating your own character and stuff, atemporal villains, combat system and etc.? I find it good and original, but I wonder what they would do in the third installment of the series :think:

I like nearly everything about Xenoverse, but what I don't like, and this is an incredibly unpopular opinion. I dislike the fact that in the Xenoverse series you're a Time Patroller and a Time Patroller only, it limits what ever interesting what if scenarios that could happen, as you're required to go and fix them at the root. Meaning you never, ever get to see them change in any interesting ways.

Which just sucks, it would be better if you could just simply be time travelers traveling through different time lines seeing how much you can screw up the time lines while the Time Patrollers are on your tail.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:16 pm

I REALLY enjoy Xenoverse's premise, and when they actually use the premise's potential (Future Gohan and Future Trunks scene that brought out many manly tears) it's great. It provides us with unique opportunity for character interactions that isn't just one or two lines, but DIMPS's problem is more of a confidence issue it seems. They're not quite confident enough to stop pussy footing around and really get into their premise. Common, royally fuck up this timeline like that sand castle you kicked down, GO FUCKING CRAZY WITH IT. I still stand by my idea that Xenoverse 3 should start with the Time Patrol getting majorly screwed up, resulting in you playing as your new character in a strange and twisted timeline where all the saga and mish-mashed together as a very confusing, wacky and utterly ridiculous monstrosity.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:34 pm

I like the Premise of Xenoverse but

I wish Dimps would go outside the "safety Box" they made for themselves for this game series.

Nothing over the top, just they need expand character customization in base game and through DLC/Game Updates.

Plus Do more then [insert random villain] & [Dark Power Up] for the story mode

TL18
Beyond Newbie

Post by TL18 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:14 pm

I love the premise but I agree with Kanassa, they need to stop being so scared. I would love it if they let you choose to be with the Time Patrol or to be a Time Breaker. I think that'll be amazing and great story wise. Hell, you could even have a moment where if you started with one side you could change to the other. Idk, there's so much they can do with this idea.

But I do kinda agree that I miss the old original story focus and more of a focus on 1v1 instead. Especially with those cinematic ultimate, like I would love to see a cinematic ultimate for Beerus where he Haki's the opponent stuff like that is what I miss.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:44 pm

I expect the paid DLC to be released in two weeks, when Holy Week is over. It's possible that tomorrow Bandai will announce the Twitch stream for Saturday or Sunday and the DLC is released next week, but extremely unlikely.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:12 pm

I just want to see some damn gameplay footage already.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:10 pm

Gog wrote:

I like nearly everything about Xenoverse, but what I don't like, and this is an incredibly unpopular opinion. I dislike the fact that in the Xenoverse series you're a Time Patroller and a Time Patroller only, it limits what ever interesting what if scenarios that could happen, as you're required to go and fix them at the root. Meaning you never, ever get to see them change in any interesting ways.

Which just sucks, it would be better if you could just simply be time travelers traveling through different time lines seeing how much you can screw up the time lines while the Time Patrollers are on your tail.

I agree with this 100%. They just need to do more with the story overall. But I think we didn't get that this time around because they rushed to make part 2. They said them selves that they would take more time with another installment.

I said this in another thread, but I would love if they would use the Dragon Ball Online Lore. That stuff is amazing and some of the best I've seen from the franchise period.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Gojira

Post by Gojira » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:34 pm

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I was just wondering if xenoverse 2 had other community sites with builds, item guides, qq bang info, and maybe even a character skill calculator like xenoverse 1 had. So far no luck outside of reddit but I figured if anyone knew any places that have info gathered it would be you guys!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:10 pm

May this weekend bring the information about when the livestream is gonna happen and a release date for the DLC Pack 3, the latter if not possible, then may this week they announce the release date. It's time.
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:32 pm

Noah wrote:Arguing with a friend he said it would be better the good old fashioned way (using main characters through the full story of Z/Movies/GT) :problem:
Although I like what we have in Xenoverse and want a 3rd one, I'd also like a Naruto Storm like game that covers Z's story in a cinimatic way.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.