Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 29/07/18).

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:30 am

Man, this is some really beautiful piece of merchandise. Specifically the ones of SSJ Rosé Goku Black and Ultra Instinct Goku. Really digging his silver color hair!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 29/07/18).

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:08 am

Yikes, that Blue Evolved Vegeta is pretty ugly, he's also not nearly buff enough.

Man, I want that UI Goku figure that has the swappable Omen head, shame it's in the same pose as the Grandista.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:02 am

Aida uploaded more pics this time of the December prize figures from new angesl, Broly looks good, Vegeta too but Goku's pose looks very awkward... hopefully they can alter it before final stage.

Broly:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
SSGSS Goku:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
SSGSS Vegeta:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Key Visual 1 Goku:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
The lighting here implies lighter gi then at prize fair and Jump Carnival (below)... Looks like we'll have to wait until November to find out what the final version colours actually will be like.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:11 pm

July shipment 1/3!
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

All this managed to fit in SAL small packet too.

Japanese Grandista version. Debating whether it's worth opening or not given the exclusivity and rarity already.

SSG merch is literally so hard to find search SSG and you get plethora of SSGSS to sift through as well. SSG only has 2 UDM keychains since it's debut in 2013.... Anyway that UDM was ~¥800 just for SSG but the set of 4 (incl. Quitela, SS Gohan and SS4 Broly) was ¥940 so obviously was a no brainer to get that. Well happy to find a good deal on the two SSG WCFs, especially the BoG one. Likewise for the Beerus figure too, now can pair that up with the Goku of the same line!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:26 pm

Gigantic Series UI Goku & SSGSS.E Vegeta.... Yeah. These are bad, Goku in particular so lifeless wtf. /: Even more wtf is the almost ¥12,000 price tag...

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:00 am

Updates:

January Solicitations:
Gigantic Series SSR Goku Black.

That's it. No further updates.... Hmm. Took them forever to update December (should have got in May but didn't until July) and just checked One Piece don't have their full slate for January either, so doesn't look like it's got to do with the movie, strange. Next month is prize fair anyway, excited to see what the rest of the movie figures look like!

Premium Bandai Goku Black Time Ring and Potara October:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Ring=¥16,200....
Porara=¥11,800....
Material Silver935

Bandai. Squeezing every ounce out of fans...

August Bandai stuff final versions:

Shikishi Art 6, 6/8:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Adverge Special reprint, 20/8:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

UDM THE BEST 26, Week 2:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

DBS SDBH SF 03, Week 4:

UDM VJUMP SPECIAL 06, Week 4:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Post by Issei189 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:58 am

That UI Goku from the Gigantic series looks like a cheap bootleg figure going by his face

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Post by Issei189 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:00 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
DBS SDBH SF 03, Week 4:
What is the size of these figures ?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:40 am

Issei189 wrote: What is the size of these figures ?
They're 80mm from head to base so probably about 60mm for the figure itself.

These aren't great, the gimmick about them is you can do something in Heroes game with these and coupling that with the fact they're also aimed for the 6 year old SDBH demographic means the quality is pretty shit.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 16/07/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:03 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:November Bandai Gashapons:

UDM #34

.UI Son Goku
.SSGSS Vegeta (no kanji for evolution...)
.SS Gotenks
.SS Bardock
. F**king Recoome

Sigh. Same old shit.

Is that Evolution Vegeta?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 16/07/18).

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:53 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:November Bandai Gashapons:

UDM #34

.UI Son Goku
.SSGSS Vegeta (no kanji for evolution...)
.SS Gotenks
.SS Bardock
. F**king Recoome

Sigh. Same old shit.

Is that Evolution Vegeta?
Going by the art it's just normal SSB. It baffles the shit out of me that they don't just re-use the SSB Vegeta molds to make SSBE figures. All you'd have to do is repaint his hair and change his eye decos.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:46 am

BlueBasilisk wrote: Going by the art it's just normal SSB. It baffles the shit out of me that they don't just re-use the SSB Vegeta molds to make SSBE figures. All you'd have to do is repaint his hair and change his eye decos.
They don't commission new art for the UDMs until the month it is out, catalogues just re use old art.

That said I don't think I see a pupil so does look like regular SSGSS. That and the no kanji for Evolution on the label. Ehh /:

Gashapon's especially UDMs at ¥200 are ZERO RISK I don't get Bandai. We had 11 UDM sets since the U.S arc began, that means a potential of 55 *new* characters could have been used from the U.S arc instead all we got:
.Bergamo
.Quitela
.Kafla
.Jiren

4. 4 new characters....

They could have done a universe a set not all fighters but GoD, Angel and top 3 fighters. Boom. But no. Bandai instead think it's a GREAT IDEA to now reduce slots by releasing the f**king Ginyu Force every month and now Guldo is gonna be in the movie set. Way to go Bandai.

The most livid I was when after a special Heroes set they did for it's anniversary or whatever the next UDM set STILL HAD A HEROES CHARACTER IN IT.

All ToP related characters (except Bergamo) incl U7 stuff (and it's 10000 SSGSS Goku and Vegeta's lol) have all been popular enough for Bandai to reprint them.... But apparently Bandai still haven't got the message...

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:09 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Updates:

January Solicitations:
Gigantic Series SSR Goku Black.

That's it. No further updates.... Hmm. Took them forever to update December (should have got in May but didn't until July) and just checked One Piece don't have their full slate for January either, so doesn't look like it's got to do with the movie, strange. Next month is prize fair anyway, excited to see what the rest of the movie figures look like!

Premium Bandai Goku Black Time Ring and Potara October:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Ring=¥16,200....
Porara=¥11,800....
Material Silver935

Bandai. Squeezing every ounce out of fans...

August Bandai stuff final versions:

Shikishi Art 6, 6/8:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Adverge Special reprint, 20/8:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

UDM THE BEST 26, Week 2:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

DBS SDBH SF 03, Week 4:

UDM VJUMP SPECIAL 06, Week 4:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
So no catalogues for December figures? Also are these the WCF’s that you said weren’t revealed yet and would be revealed in December or naa?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:45 am

AnimeNation101 wrote: So no catalogues for December figures? Also are these the WCF’s that you said weren’t revealed yet and would be revealed in December or naa?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Those are this months SDBH WCFs due in a few days.

Haven't got sent the December catalogues yet, I got sent the last couple to me near the first weekend of the month so fingers crossed get them this weekend, otherwise we'll have to wait a few more weeks until Mid August they should definitely be out by then.

TheNingen
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheNingen » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:57 pm

Has anyone received the Silver Edition HG yet? I'm kind of disappointed that just like with the Future Trunks HG figures, these figures don't scale accurately with the sets before them. It baffles me that Bandai would ruin the scale for the Omen and MUI figures by making the latter bigger

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:14 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:Oh, SSJ4 Bardock is getting a figurine

http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000127370 ... _medium=tw
I found these listed on Ami Ami https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?scode=GOODS-00242122 but the listing says is a box of 10 "Assorted according to maker's rate from 7 types." so this means the actual contents are random?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:50 pm

TheNingen wrote:Has anyone received the Silver Edition HG yet? I'm kind of disappointed that just like with the Future Trunks HG figures, these figures don't scale accurately with the sets before them. It baffles me that Bandai would ruin the scale for the Omen and MUI figures by making the latter bigger
Mine's on it's way, should be here Saturday or early next week.

It is Bandai at this point, I can rant about them for days. The SSGSS Goku in the set is atrocious and the quality control on the set non existent a lot of Japanese fans reporting quality issues like paint not lining up etc. So I'm very nervous...
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
I found these listed on Ami Ami https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?scode=GOODS-00242122 but the listing says is a box of 10 "Assorted according to maker's rate from 7 types." so this means the actual contents are random?
Yeah these are sold in a box of 10 with some figures appearing more than once but I am sure you at least get one of each figure. So in other words you'll just end up with some duplicates.

TheNingen
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheNingen » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:17 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
TheNingen wrote:Has anyone received the Silver Edition HG yet? I'm kind of disappointed that just like with the Future Trunks HG figures, these figures don't scale accurately with the sets before them. It baffles me that Bandai would ruin the scale for the Omen and MUI figures by making the latter bigger
Mine's on it's way, should be here Saturday or early next week.

It is Bandai at this point, I can rant about them for days. The SSGSS Goku in the set is atrocious and the quality control on the set non existent a lot of Japanese fans reporting quality issues like paint not lining up etc. So I'm very nervous...
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Yeah these are sold in a box of 10 with some figures appearing more than once but I am sure you at least get one of each figure. So in other words you'll just end up with some duplicates.
There's also some pictures I've seen where there's something brown looking stuck in the middle of Trunks's hair. Doesn't help that they look nothing like the prototypes. I just don't understand why you make a nigh perfect Omen figure, then make a MUI figure that's not only bigger, but looks worse