DBZ Harukanaru Densetsu

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ShinRogafuken
OMG CRAZY REGEN

DBZ Harukanaru Densetsu

Post by ShinRogafuken » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:09 am

Am I the only one who actually enjoyed this game?

I know it can get repetitive but overall I found it pretty addicting and fun, and the Story Mode almost perfectly represented the show, they covered EVERYTHING up to the Cell Games....

mysteriousdbzgt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: DBZ Harukanaru Densetsu

Post by mysteriousdbzgt » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:01 pm

ShinRogafuken wrote:Am I the only one who actually enjoyed this game?

I know it can get repetitive but overall I found it pretty addicting and fun, and the Story Mode almost perfectly represented the show, they covered EVERYTHING up to the Cell Games....
No, you're not the only one. I also enjoyed the game. It kept me hooked whilst playing.
Just another Dragon Ball fangirl in the world.

DB & Tiger and Bunny are my main fandoms, along with many other animes.

Deviantart Profile/ Tiger & Bunnyftw tumblr/ mysteriousdbzgt tumblr / My Anime List Profile

ShinRogafuken
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: DBZ Harukanaru Densetsu

Post by ShinRogafuken » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:44 pm

mysteriousdbzgt wrote:
ShinRogafuken wrote:Am I the only one who actually enjoyed this game?

No, you're not the only one. I also enjoyed the game. It kept me hooked whilst playing.
Sweet, that's good to know.

VenomSymbiote
Patreon Supporter

Post by VenomSymbiote » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:58 am

I enjoyed it emmensly. In fact, I still am, as I haven't beaten it yet! I have a 98% completion rate, so it wouldn't take too long to beat it. My only probably with the game was, it relies a little too much on randomness. Oh, and having to fight Vegeta 8 times in a row, without losing once, and without anyway of regaining health? Come on.

Zuhalter2000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zuhalter2000 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:40 am

I some what enjoyed it. I didn't ever play very far into it. It reminded me of the DBZ RPG on the SNES (I can't remember the name) with the whole use of the card battle system.
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
[quote="Tenshinhan (Ocean Dub)"]This three-eyed cowboy is going for one last ride![/quote]
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Zuhalter2000[/url]

ShinRogafuken
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ShinRogafuken » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:53 am

I've played through the Frieza Saga, later I'll play the Android Saga.

DaRealChrono

Post by DaRealChrono » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:55 am

I've been semi-enjoying it.

I find the long drawn out "missions" to be very frustrating to me. In example, the third Gohan mission where you find the 3 Dragon Balls, go the Master Roshi's, then to Bulma's, then to Baba's, then fight 5 people, then fight the Dinosaur to get the other Dragon Ball, then go back to Master Roshi's. I found that to be a bit excessive and unnecessary.

However I find the core gameplay to be simple and fun, while a little slow-paced for my taste. I'm having a love/hate.

Tekkaman-James
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tekkaman-James » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:40 pm

I enjoyed this game a lot. While some of the levels were disproportionately more challenging that others, I feel it made your success seem like even more of an accomplishment. I loved how much of the series/how many of the characters it encapsulated (even Appule!), and the card mechanic was easy to learn but tricky to master. All in all, I thought this game was very well done.

ShinRogafuken
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ShinRogafuken » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:22 pm

Tekkaman-James wrote:I enjoyed this game a lot. While some of the levels were disproportionately more challenging that others, I feel it made your success seem like even more of an accomplishment. I loved how much of the series/how many of the characters it encapsulated (even Appule!), and the card mechanic was easy to learn but tricky to master. All in all, I thought this game was very well done.
Yeah, if they had cut out the repetitiveness, DBZ Harukanaru Densetsu would've been one of my favorite DBZ games.

Kaiser Gogeta
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kaiser Gogeta » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:37 pm

I've been playing it on and off for the past 2 weeks, and finished it today. At the end of the last chapter after Cell's defeated, the ending text talks about "another battle having to be waged", or something along those lines. That most likely hints about the Buu saga. Do you guys think a sequel to Harukanaru Densetsu will be made or was planned before Kai?