So... I'm making a TeamFourStar Dragonball Abridged DVD!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Onikage725
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Onikage725 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:18 pm

ShinRogafuken wrote:Haha, but the problem is FUNimation isn't the nicest company when it comes to copyright.

While it is a great idea, the legal consequences can be huge.
Huge?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't he basically just get a cease and desist notice?
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:51 pm

SSJ4 Furanki wrote:
SSJ Helldog wrote:How did you miss a South Park reference? :wink:
I didn't. :D I countered his reference with the next line of dialouge from that episode. If you were being sarcastic, I suck at detecting sarcasm through text.
Damn, I've been out-nerded again! Bravo, sir.

ShinRogafuken
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ShinRogafuken » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:00 pm

Onikage725 wrote:
ShinRogafuken wrote:Haha, but the problem is FUNimation isn't the nicest company when it comes to copyright.

Huge?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't he basically just get a cease and desist notice?
Probably more than that. We're talking about distribution of a DVD that uses copyright footage here, and like somebody mentioned before, somebody profits from it. That's illegal.

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:01 pm

ShinRogafuken wrote:
Onikage725 wrote:

Huge?

Probably more than that. We're talking about distribution of a DVD that uses copyright footage here, and like somebody mentioned before, somebody profits from it. That's illegal.
Just distribute via Bittorrent then. I doubt they're going to come after this when it's protected as "parody," not to mention that there are perpetually at least three torrents of every episode of DB on public trackers at any given time.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:28 pm

Umm, since this has really turned from a "let's plan this out" discussion to a "this is hopeless and here's why" discussion (not that I haven't contributed to both ends), and I think the latter topic has pretty much run its course, can we get a little talk going that will actually help some of us get an actual TFS DBZA DVD made?

Maybe some menu/layout designs, or some lists of potential bonus materials? And some tech. help for sure.

I hope this doesn't come across as me being pompous or anything, this is just something that I'm really looking forward to making for myself, and help/discussion with it would be really nice.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:51 pm

I'm basicly waiting to see what kinda footage i'll be using for the DVD since i cant fix the subtitles to the episodes to i know whats happening

as for special features i was just going to use the various trailers and things they have on there youtube page

its up to teamfourstar whether they wanna make something to go on the DVD that could count as bonus features

anywho anyone got any ideas for the main menu background? theres also the chapters and the extras menu background to work on aswell!
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:23 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:I'm basicly waiting to see what kinda footage i'll be using for the DVD since i cant fix the subtitles to the episodes to i know whats happening

as for special features i was just going to use the various trailers and things they have on there youtube page

its up to teamfourstar whether they wanna make something to go on the DVD that could count as bonus features

anywho anyone got any ideas for the main menu background? theres also the chapters and the extras menu background to work on aswell!
If I can get .avi versions of all of the episodes I could put together some neat videos to play in the background of the menus.

Or, if you're looking for stills, you can always use some of the images KaiserNeko has made:

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll24 ... sHiRes.png [Higher res. available]

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll24 ... BESTHD.png [Higher res. available]

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/2383/newlogorh8.png

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8036/d ... zlogo3.png

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll24 ... erwu31.png

Is there any more poster images you guys know of? Maybe a HQ Popo shot? :D

You know what would also be cool for the menus? Some of the BGM from DBZA to play in the background! There's the custom Cha-La Head-Cha-La opening, and some other random BGM from the series, but I'm pretty sure that was all released on CD. :? Was there any other un-released music used in DBZA?

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:13 pm

small update

I've wrote out all the subs for episodes 1-9 and am only waiting on the the 10th

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:09 pm

Excellent news. We all await the 10th episode. But, this will be fantastic once finished. Hopefully, I can just straight up burn it. I tried making my own using Windows DVD Maker, but it keeps self destructing before it can start.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:35 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:I've wrote out all the subs for episodes 1-9 and am only waiting on the the 10th
What program do you plan on using to add those subs to the DVD? What would be the best free software to get that done?

And could you post the subs here, please? Thanks!!

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:49 pm

I don't want to read five pages back, so is there any way you could create a torrent for the dvd so rest of us can have our own copy? Might seem irritable, but I think that would just be awesome.
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:47 pm

Forgotten Hero wrote:I don't want to read five pages back, so is there any way you could create a torrent for the dvd so rest of us can have our own copy? Might seem irritable, but I think that would just be awesome.
I think that's what some people are planning on doing, but I personally am just asking for the videos in .avi format, and maybe a menu layout/design or two, and the subtitles so that I can make my own dvd. Though I will try to upload my own ISO as well.

SSj Gogito
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSj Gogito » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:35 pm

Same here, I am just waiting for the AVIs so i can make my own.
Where's The Beef

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:38 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote: I think that's what some people are planning on doing, but I personally am just asking for the videos in .avi format, and maybe a menu layout/design or two, and the subtitles so that I can make my own dvd. Though I will try to upload my own ISO as well.
That would be great! I don't know how to make DVD's and stuff, but if you could put an ISO that would be amazing.
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:45 pm

Alright, the whole DVD thing has to stop here.

I've talked with a few people and we could get in real trouble putting out an ISO of the material.

So, flat out, this shouldn't continue. It's a fun, neat idea, but that's all it needs to remain as.

Thanks, though, we really appreciate the idea.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:49 pm

As long as the captions are written up, maybe you could send them to TeamFourStar to add to their videos. Writing captions is a long and tedious process, and ya wouldn't want that work to go to waste.

They'd need to be in Subrip format for YouTube videos.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:20 am

KaiserNeko wrote:Alright, the whole DVD thing has to stop here.

I've talked with a few people and we could get in real trouble putting out an ISO of the material.

So, flat out, this shouldn't continue. It's a fun, neat idea, but that's all it needs to remain as.

Thanks, though, we really appreciate the idea.
OK I understand

I recently got my wii to play videos and the eps i ripped off of youtube really don't look that bad on it

I guess as of now the project is canceled

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Masako-kun
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Masako-kun » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:56 pm

Seriously people, we appreciate that you love what we do. However, we must press upon you that this DVD idea is not cool.

ShinRogafuken
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ShinRogafuken » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:50 pm

Masako-kun wrote:Seriously people, we appreciate that you love what we do. However, we must press upon you that this DVD idea is not cool.
Simply because TFS could get in serious legal trouble for it, and it is more than just an account suspension.

kaioken12
Beyond Newbie

Post by kaioken12 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:38 am

I understand the decision itself (and I wasn't waiting for this DVD or something, I am already pleased with the youtube eps xD), but - if I may ask this question: What is the reason for that?

I mean, which kind of law could be troublesome because of going to ISO?
Would this also go for let's say high quality AVI on CD or just for "real" DVDs?
Just being curious about it ^^