Kai Episode 2 (12 April 2009)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

obiwan23s
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by obiwan23s » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:57 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:Do modern anime tend to get their own BGM collections these days? If shows still do get BGM CD releases like they did in the old days, I'm sure Kai will be included, considering how much hype the new BGM score recieved.
Nowadays not only are soundtracks released for most if not all shows, but longer running shows receive multiple soundtracks. I know for certain that some of the more recent Gundam shows received four soundtrack albums and those only ran for 50 episodes.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:43 pm

Yeah, a lot of the One Piece pieces have been released...they'd be crazy not to release them (I'm sure it brings them a lot of dough in).
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:59 pm

I have more One Piece CDs than I can COUNT!!

Unless Toei lost their minds in the last year or so, they'll DEFINITELY be releasing an OST of some kind
"FUNi should take [DBZ] out behind the woodshed, give it one last treat, then blow its f%#@$ng brains out before it attacks the baby again." ~Rocketman

tlsmith1963

Post by tlsmith1963 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:01 pm

I can't find a dl for DBK episode 2 anywhere. Where can I find it? Please PM me. Thanks.

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:09 pm

tlsmith1963 wrote:I can't find a dl for DBK episode 2 anywhere. Where can I find it? Please PM me. Thanks.
Google is your Friend.
Other than that, nobody here is gonna help you I'm afraid
"FUNi should take [DBZ] out behind the woodshed, give it one last treat, then blow its f%#@$ng brains out before it attacks the baby again." ~Rocketman

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:18 pm

Aw man, a BGM collection for Kai would be so sweet. Like mentioned before, that bass in the second episode was great :D.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Saiyavenger2941
Advanced Regular

Post by Saiyavenger2941 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:52 pm

tlsmith1963 wrote:I can't find a dl for DBK episode 2 anywhere. Where can I find it? Please PM me. Thanks.
Our Lord and Master wrote:RULE # 6: NO BOOTLEGGING
We do not condone bootlegging. We don't want to hear about your bootleg DVDs. We don't want to hear about how many episodes you've downloaded. Yes, we can tell those screen-caps come from bootleg DVDs and/or downloads. We don't want to hear about how many 320 kbps MP3s you've collected. When it comes down to it, DBZ has had a very rough uprising in various countries, but we're finally at the point where we can legally purchase the things we want and support our fandom. None of us want to hear about anything that goes against this. If you're an actual fan of the property, you pay for things you want. That's the end of the story.
[color=#30966E][b]PROUDLY Straight-Edge. Arrogant. Gohan and Videl obsessed. BE JEALOUS![/b][/color]
---
[url=http://bit.ly/F3l7t]DA[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/2FC03o]FFNet[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pE5Xs]Youtube[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/lCOED]Facebook[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/rWFtp]Livejournal[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/zrd4v]Twitter[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pYRHD]Flickr[/url]|PSN: Saiyavenger

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:02 pm

Saiyavenger2941 wrote:
We do not condone bootlegging. We don't want to hear about your bootleg DVDs. We don't want to hear about how many episodes you've downloaded. Yes, we can tell those screen-caps come from bootleg DVDs and/or downloads. We don't want to hear about how many 320 kbps MP3s you've collected. When it comes down to it, DBZ has had a very rough uprising in various countries, but we're finally at the point where we can legally purchase the things we want and support our fandom. None of us want to hear about anything that goes against this. If you're an actual fan of the property, you pay for things you want. That's the end of the story.
Typically, I'm the first person to shoot someone in the ass for asking for bootlegs, but in this case...err, there is no legitimate release yet. Now, Mike was respectfully asked us not to publicly post links, however the "buy things instead of bootlegging" rule doesn't apply here (yet).

-Corey

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:04 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:
Saiyavenger2941 wrote:
Typically, I'm the first person to shoot someone in the ass for asking for bootlegs, but in this case...err, there is no legitimate release yet. Now, Mike was respectfully asked us not to publicly post links, however the "buy things instead of bootlegging" rule doesn't apply here (yet).

-Corey
Cannot a rule of patience be stressed in it's place, however? :?
She/Her
bisexual milf

MajinVejitaXV

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:06 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Cannot a rule of patience be stressed in it's place, however? :?
Patience as in being patient with people who want to see the show, or patience as in "be patient and wait for an official release"?

-Corey

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:07 pm

Suppiido Fansubs. Google it.

Beware of the extra U.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:07 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
MajinVejitaXV wrote:
Saiyavenger2941 wrote:

-Corey
Cannot a rule of patience be stressed in it's place, however? :?
Well, i'm guessing it's going to be a while for any official release

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:08 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:Cannot a rule of patience be stressed in it's place, however? :?
Patience as in being patient with people who want to see the show, or patience as in "be patient and wait for an official release"?

-Corey
The later of the two. It's going to happen, we might as well promote patience.
She/Her
bisexual milf

MajinVejitaXV

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:13 pm

JulieYBM wrote:The later of the two. It's going to happen, we might as well promote patience.
Well, the original "DragonBall Z" took about 24 years from the time it originally aired to debut on DVD in Japan, so...I'm not sure I'm that patient ;p

Besides, honestly, I intend to support any official releases that Toei might do (especially if they do a Kai DragonBox, simply for completion's sake). I don't feel bad downloading a timestamped HD feed in the meantime however. Same as I watch weekly episodes of Bleach and such, but buy the official Region 1 DVD's as they come out. That's just my personal opinion though, completely removed from the legal aspect (which, for all I know, prohibits us from even watching FujiTV).

-Corey

Edit: Besides, your YouTube has footage from HD rips, so I'm assuming you're downloading the show as well.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:22 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:The later of the two. It's going to happen, we might as well promote patience.
Well, the original "DragonBall Z" took about 24 years from the time it originally aired to debut on DVD in Japan, so...I'm not sure I'm that patient ;p

Besides, honestly, I intend to support any official releases that Toei might do (especially if they do a Kai DragonBox, simply for completion's sake). I don't feel bad downloading a timestamped HD feed in the meantime however. Same as I watch weekly episodes of Bleach and such, but buy the official Region 1 DVD's as they come out. That's just my personal opinion though, completely removed from the legal aspect (which, for all I know, prohibits us from even watching FujiTV).

-Corey
Well, sometimes even we faithful collectors of the official release of the products have got to make some sacrificies and at least not publicily

Code: Select all

support the fansubbing. I know a lot of us here (pretty much those of us with 500+ posts) are likely to be the first one's burning our credit card numbers into our heads so as to order the R2s (well, frankly I'll wait for the R1s) but we should at least be somewhat weary. Do we want to be the father to the next Taro Fansubber?  :shock: 
She/Her
bisexual milf

MajinVejitaXV

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:29 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Well, sometimes even we faithful collectors of the official release of the products have got to make some sacrificies and at least not publicily support the fansubbing. I know a lot of us here (pretty much those of us with 500+ posts) are likely to be the first one's burning our credit card numbers into our heads so as to order the R2s (well, frankly I'll wait for the R1s) but we should at least be somewhat weary. Do we want to be the father to the next Taro Fansubber? :shock:
Oh, I'm not supporting the fansubbing efforts publicly. I was merely talking about the raw episodes in 720p, in this case. Sorry if you misunderstood.

-Corey

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:32 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:Well, sometimes even we faithful collectors of the official release of the products have got to make some sacrificies and at least not publicily support the fansubbing. I know a lot of us here (pretty much those of us with 500+ posts) are likely to be the first one's burning our credit card numbers into our heads so as to order the R2s (well, frankly I'll wait for the R1s) but we should at least be somewhat weary. Do we want to be the father to the next Taro Fansubber? :shock:
Oh, I'm not supporting the fansubbing efforts publicly. I was merely talking about the raw episodes in 720p, in this case. Sorry if you misunderstood.

-Corey
Ah well, it happens. :D
She/Her
bisexual milf

tlsmith1963

Post by tlsmith1963 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:35 pm

B wrote:
Suppiido Fansubs. Google it.

Beware of the extra U.
That's where I finally found it.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:40 pm

I haven't read anything in this thread yet, but I feel that the edits REALLY hurt this episode in terms of pacing as it felt way too fast. After seeing the original episodes over and over, you already have a feeling what's cut out. Piccolo's entrance was far less dramatic than it was in the original.

Plus they cut out an AWESOME shot of Goku and Piccolo flying that was in the original episodes. :(

Coola Yagami
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Coola Yagami » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:42 pm

Well, just saw ep 2. I'm still lovin the intro and such. It seems this time the recaps are before the OP. The BGM is pretty so-so IMO. It's mostly just 'there'. The only music I like is the one played at the very end where Raditz tells them about the 2 other stronger Saiyans, which was also played in the first ep where Raditz and Piccolo first faced off.