Kai Episode 5 (03 May 2009)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

tlsmith1963

Post by tlsmith1963 » Sun May 10, 2009 8:46 pm

Did episode 6 air this week?

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Sun May 10, 2009 8:48 pm

tlsmith1963 wrote:Did episode 6 air this week?
Yes. It aired yesterday.

Vino
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vino » Wed May 13, 2009 3:57 pm

What happened to Kanzentai's review? they are awfully late this week..

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Wed May 13, 2009 4:11 pm

Vino wrote:What happened to Kanzentai's review? they are awfully late this week..
They said they were going to be a late and hopefully they were going to go back on schedule this week...but they can't promise anything

:shock:

I just realized I've been saying and writing it as 'kanzentai' since I discovered the site, while the real name is Kanzentai[/b][/i]

Wasted Wisher
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Wasted Wisher » Thu May 14, 2009 12:46 pm

That scene where Gohan reverts to normal after Piccolo blows up the moon?

Mine. Guilty as charged.

When they handed that scene over to me, they naturally reminded me to cover up Gohan's little buddy, although they left it up to me how to do it. That little bit of animation with the tail coming in just in time to cover up Gohan's bits, and then whipping back out as he keels over was my addition.

(Forgive me for contributing to the censorship, but it's my job...I am but a lowly employee cog in the mighty animation machinery that is TOEI.)

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Thu May 14, 2009 12:57 pm

Stop being so hard on yourself. You've got the coolest job ever! You're actually MAKING Dragon Ball. (sorta) :lol:
I completely respect your opinion, and I respect you. I enjoyed discussing this with you, even if I don't completely agree.

If we're all here for a reason then I'm just visiting.

If it's held in your heart then you can't let go.

Super Ghost Kamikaze
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Thu May 14, 2009 12:59 pm

Wasted Wisher wrote:(Forgive me for contributing to the censorship, but it's my job...I am but a lowly employee cog in the mighty animation machinery that is TOEI.)
Well, it does make it hard for us to say "Whoever decided to do it that way should be SHOT.", or anything along those lines. ;)

Vino
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vino » Thu May 14, 2009 1:23 pm

Wasted Wisher wrote:That scene where Gohan reverts to normal after Piccolo blows up the moon?

Mine. Guilty as charged.

When they handed that scene over to me, they naturally reminded me to cover up Gohan's little buddy, although they left it up to me how to do it. That little bit of animation with the tail coming in just in time to cover up Gohan's bits, and then whipping back out as he keels over was my addition.

(Forgive me for contributing to the censorship, but it's my job...I am but a lowly employee cog in the mighty animation machinery that is TOEI.)
Are you saying you're an animator in Toei?

Right. :roll:

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Thu May 14, 2009 1:26 pm

Vino wrote:
Wasted Wisher wrote:That scene where Gohan reverts to normal after Piccolo blows up the moon?

Mine. Guilty as charged.

Are you saying you're an animator in Toei?

Right. :roll:
Actually, we've already had confirmation that he indeed does work for Toei. You're new, so that's cool to not be in the know about things, but I'd look here before saying anything else about Mr. Wisher.

Vino
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vino » Thu May 14, 2009 1:31 pm

Its natural to not believe anything that said on the internet. Anyone could say that he's an animator of some show and he's some mangaka that works on some popular manga. I may be wrong though.

I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, but I would like some proof or whatsoever.

I have a few questions tho, how come Vegeta was corrected, but Nappa wasn't?

Would the Kaioken x4 Kamehameha Vs Galic Gun be remade with new graphics like Goku's kamehameha against Raditz?

Thanks.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu May 14, 2009 1:36 pm

Vino wrote:I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, but I would like some proof or whatsoever.
Read:

http://www.daizex.com/general/tidbits/kai.shtml
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Vino
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vino » Thu May 14, 2009 1:38 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Vino wrote:I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, but I would like some proof or whatsoever.
Read:

http://www.daizex.com/general/tidbits/kai.shtml
Thank you.

Have you received my pm?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu May 14, 2009 1:42 pm

Vino wrote:Have you received my pm?
I can't say I even noticed it until now; no-one's "ignoring" you. There's nothing stopping you from making a new thread in some other section, and if it needs to be moved to the "Kai" area, we will go ahead and move it.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Vino
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vino » Thu May 14, 2009 1:45 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Vino wrote:Have you received my pm?
I can't say I even noticed it until now; no-one's "ignoring" you. There's nothing stopping you from making a new thread in some other section, and if it needs to be moved to the "Kai" area, we will go ahead and move it.
Well the problem is that it does involve Kai, and I can't make it in another section since it wouldn't be relevant. Could you please open the thread for me so I can wrap things up?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu May 14, 2009 1:48 pm

Vino wrote:Well the problem is that it does involve Kai, and I can't make it in another section since it wouldn't be relevant. Could you please open the thread for me so I can wrap things up?
The Kai Section's Rules wrote:- If you think there's something new miscellaneous to add or say, start it elsewhere. We'll move the thread if appropriate.
I'm sorry if you feel this is counterproductive, but I'm here to moderate, not create your threads for you. Let's try to keep this thread on-topic, now. Thanks.

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Thu May 14, 2009 2:41 pm

Mine. Guilty as charged.

Do you have any idea of how censoring will be in future episodes? Like blood stains and stuff

Wasted Wisher
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Wasted Wisher » Tue May 19, 2009 12:09 pm

Vino> For some reason, they decided to go with those colors for Nappa this time around, so they colors he came out with in Episode 3 will be consistent throughout the rest of the show, I think.

Rod> Dunno about the censoring in upcoming episodes yet. I haven't seen any scenes of Tenshinhan yet...I'm wondering how they handled him losing his arm. Most likely they'll move the framing around so his stump isn't too obvious in his scenes.

Vino
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vino » Tue May 19, 2009 12:57 pm

Wasted Wisher wrote:Vino> For some reason, they decided to go with those colors for Nappa this time around, so they colors he came out with in Episode 3 will be consistent throughout the rest of the show, I think.
I hope you're right, since in the preview it shows him with his yellow pads instead of brown ones...