DragonBall: Raging Blast (PS3/360)

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:04 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:I dont know maybe its just me but I'm really excited about this game, but if it lets me down like BL and IW then I'll be playing T3 again. :roll:
Burst Limit was a good game when you think about it.
The voice acting was great, the fighting was balanced, While the roster was small each character felt unique and different plus the look was FANTASTIC!

Compared to the other games the modes were lacking and the roster was small but I think it found a nice balance of being a small game but still giving a nice experience.

This game looks smaller than BT3 but it seems like there are going to be some welcomed improvements. The game looks nice and it keeps the Dragonball Spirit, the levels look massive and the character roster feels like its going to be big enough to satisfy fans but small enough so that we don't have carbon copies of each character. I'm looking forward to it.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:36 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:Burst Limit was a good game
I loved burst limit for many reasons. I wish we had gotten Burst limit 2 instead of Raging blast! which is basically just Budokai Tenkaichi 3 with SSJ3 Broly, Yay that'll be great :roll:

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:37 pm

SSJmole wrote:
I loved burst limit for many reasons. I wish we had gotten Burst limit 2 instead of Raging blast! which is basically just Budokai Tenkaichi 3 with SSJ3 Broly, Yay that'll be great :roll:
Tenkaichi 3 had way more characters. No, RB is Tenkaichi 1 with Broly, just like Burst Limit was Budokai 1 with Broly.

JamieDBZFan1995
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamieDBZFan1995 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:50 pm

SSJmole wrote:

Everyone knows how DBZ games go, it takes a while before a good one comes along.
23rd October, Dragonball Raging Blast!

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:37 pm

Rocketman wrote:
SSJmole wrote:
Tenkaichi 3 had way more characters. No, RB is Tenkaichi 1 with Broly, just like Burst Limit was Budokai 1 with Broly.
...and Bardock :P

Dragonball Games- "One step foward two steps back". But really, I hope they stick with this game for a bit and release downloadable content like a Dragonball pack or a Dragonball GT pack instead of releasing RB2 and charging us full price for it.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:35 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:
Rocketman wrote:
SSJmole wrote: I loved burst limit for many reasons. I wish we had gotten Burst limit 2 instead of Raging blast! which is basically just Budokai Tenkaichi 3 with SSJ3 Broly, Yay that'll be great :roll:
...and Bardock :P

Dragonball Games- "One step foward two steps back". But really, I hope they stick with this game for a bit and release downloadable content like a Dragonball pack or a Dragonball GT pack instead of releasing RB2 and charging us full price for it.
That's not how the Japanese game market works. Japan hasn't adapted to DLC the same way America has. The only instance I can think of where a Japanese game got significant DLC was Soul Calibur IV's console exclusive characters getting released on the other consoles, and it was pretty obvious from the file size that it was just a digital key unlocking content that was already on the disc. Super Street Fighter IV is adding 8 new characters that weren't in the original SFIV, and it's being released as a retail title. Don't hold your breath for Raging Blast DLC outside of some new costumes.
­

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:49 pm

The Super Street Fighter game was an exception though. Capcom has always done that with the Street Fighter series. There are like 7 Street Fighter 2's

Street Fight 2
Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition
Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting
Super Street Fighter 2
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Hyper Street Fighter 2
Super Street Fight 2 HD remix

I'm not holding my breath on anything though, this game isn't going to be that big of a seller so I'm sure there is going to be little DLC support but it's a nice thought. I'm not even sure the online community is going to be active, Burst Limit's online community is pretty much dead. It takes a half hour just to find someone and usually he(she) has a weak connection and drops out. :(

Amigo Ten

Post by Amigo Ten » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:53 pm

SSF4 isn't going to retail at full price though, and would have been DLC if it had been possible (apparently it wasn't because it would have been impossible to implement some of the new features with SF4's coding or something).

Fox_Boogie

Post by Fox_Boogie » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:06 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:
goku the krump dancer wrote:I dont know maybe its just me but I'm really excited about this game, but if it lets me down like BL and IW then I'll be playing T3 again. :roll:
Burst Limit was a good game when you think about it.
The voice acting was great, the fighting was balanced, While the roster was small each character felt unique and different plus the look was FANTASTIC!

Compared to the other games the modes were lacking and the roster was small but I think it found a nice balance of being a small game but still giving a nice experience.

This game looks smaller than BT3 but it seems like there are going to be some welcomed improvements. The game looks nice and it keeps the Dragonball Spirit, the levels look massive and the character roster feels like its going to be big enough to satisfy fans but small enough so that we don't have carbon copies of each character. I'm looking forward to it.
Balanced ?! With all that unlimited Ki energy ?!

-lolz

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:31 pm

RB is Tenkaichi 1 with Broly
Broly was in Tenkachi 1. I see this being more a update spin off then a sequel since the graphics, stroy mode, and the areas look much better. The gameplay looks nicer too.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:59 pm

Fox_Boogie wrote:
Balanced ?! With all that unlimited Ki energy ?!

-lolz
I actually liked that, it reminded me of Street Fighter(a very simplified Street Fighter no doubt) plus I didn't have to stop and recharge in the middle of battle. Besides not to many people(that I know of) ki spammed me online. I think I ran into 1 or 2 people that constantly hit foward O the whole time but those types of fighters are very easy to beat anyway so it never bothered me.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:15 am

I don't want to go off-topic, but...

When they first announced Sparking METEOR, didn't they say the game will get exclusive characters unseen before?

Do you think those "exclusive characters" are what they are now giving us in Raging Blast?
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Amigo Ten

Post by Amigo Ten » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:11 am

http://b.bngi-channel.jp/db_ragingblast/chara.html

Character page updated with the Ginyu Force. New tutorial video is up too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy0_iwnG3Rk

Livelier blocking animation, B3's dodge system, both Z counters are still in from BT3.

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:00 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:The Super Street Fighter game was an exception though. Capcom has always done that with the Street Fighter series. There are like 7 Street Fighter 2's

Street Fight 2
Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition
Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting
Super Street Fighter 2
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Hyper Street Fighter 2
Super Street Fight 2 HD remix

I'm not holding my breath on anything though, this game isn't going to be that big of a seller so I'm sure there is going to be little DLC support but it's a nice thought. I'm not even sure the online community is going to be active, Burst Limit's online community is pretty much dead. It takes a half hour just to find someone and usually he(she) has a weak connection and drops out. :(
Those multiple releases was back when the only way you could update a game was through re-releases. This gen is the first where you can truly chnage and amend your titles without the need of additionaln releases. There haven't been many fighters released and the only one where I know they added characters after the release is Soul Calibur. Whether they were already on the disc or not isn't the issue.

I'm a bit ticked at Capcom because Criterion was able to cars and new areas to Burnout Paradise, as well as change the layout of a few areas, without causing any problems.

I hope that that we can get some additional characters released through DLC and not have to wait for the next full release.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:27 pm

Anonymous Friend wrote:Those multiple releases was back when the only way you could update a game was through re-releases. This gen is the first where you can truly chnage and amend your titles without the need of additionaln releases.
Super Street Fighter 4 would like a word.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:38 pm

Anonymous Friend wrote: Those multiple releases was back when the only way you could update a game was through re-releases. This gen is the first where you can truly chnage and amend your titles without the need of additionaln releases. There haven't been many fighters released and the only one where I know they added characters after the release is Soul Calibur. Whether they were already on the disc or not isn't the issue.

I'm a bit ticked at Capcom because Criterion was able to cars and new areas to Burnout Paradise, as well as change the layout of a few areas, without causing any problems.

I hope that that we can get some additional characters released through DLC and not have to wait for the next full release.
I'm not saying Dragonball should do the same but rather, like I said above, I want to see some DLC instead of a "new" game for $60 price. Besides, like Amigo Ten said, Super Street Fighter IV isn't full price.

My list was to show that Capcom pulling a Super Street Fighter Release over DLC wasn't out of the ordinary for them. The reason they do this is because Capcom does more than just add characters they fix broken characters too(I'm looking at you Blanka) and other coding things that I don't fully understand.

Fox_Boogie

Post by Fox_Boogie » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:57 am

Amigo Ten wrote:http://b.bngi-channel.jp/db_ragingblast/chara.html

Character page updated with the Ginyu Force. New tutorial video is up too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy0_iwnG3Rk

Livelier blocking animation, B3's dodge system, both Z counters are still in from BT3.
Wow, that was really nice !

Not jus' the blockin' animation, but the overall animation. love the controlable zanzoken too !

I jus' wish the post-blast effects would produce a thicker, darker smoke cloud, PET PEEVE ! -lolz

-thinks " Zone of the Enders 2 " smoke effect.

Still, those ki attacks are lookin' quite too meager. (-_-)

The added battle capabilities is what's really sellin' the game for me, aswell as the size of these arena's, despite my saddin' for the loss of many of my other beloved characters. I'm talkin' about you " FREEZA SOILDIER " ! You were such a good set up for the main course.... -cries/lmfao

piccolo-san785
Beyond Newbie

Post by piccolo-san785 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:23 am

I came across these three videos today I'm not sure if their old but here you go

http://xboxevolved.e-mpire.com/article/ ... /5796.html

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:40 am

Here's a promo of the limited edition showing and talking about some of its contents:

http://cdn.cnetnetworks.fr/gamekult-com ... 2199_2.jpg

Booney
Beyond Newbie

Post by Booney » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:45 am

Browly? :lol:

Never saw that used before.
[url=http://superbooney.deviantart.com/]My DeviantART[/url]