Chibi Goku Unfinished though...

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bardock No Sensei

Chibi Goku Unfinished though...

Post by Bardock No Sensei » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:49 pm

I've made a fan art by ms paint,did not finish just want to know what you guys think so far.

I know his face is weird blah blah blah.

Just want some suggestions.

I'm new to this so understand lol.

"That's right, you may have anticipated my attacks so far, but you have no idea what I am capable of now... and what you don't know... could hurt you."
— Goku
Check out my under construction website! http://galaxyofsaiyans.weebly.com/

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:08 am

I have a few questions before I comment on the picture.

1. How old are you?
2. Is english your first language?

Now to the picture. It really is too small for me to give a proper judgment, but I'll let you know that MS paint isn't that great of a program, although a dedicated few have done some great work with it. If you are using a mouse then it must be really difficult.

I would recommend getting a book on drawing, they publish tons of these a year. Just go to a local Barnes and Noble (or wherever) and pick one up. Get a good one, one that teaches a lot about anatomy and stuff, don't buy some gimmicky book about how to draw the AWESOME MANGAH HERROES.

Study the book and practice. Hell, I have been drawing since I was 9, I'm 23 now, and I went to art school, and I am still no where near where I wish I was in the talent department.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:01 pm

omegacwa wrote: don't buy some gimmicky book about how to draw the AWESOME MANGAH HERROES.
You ever notice how most of those are made by mexicans and white guys?(At least all the ones I've seen)

I'm not racist, really.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:23 pm

omegacwa wrote:2. Is english your first language?
Judging by the location of Manhattan, I'd say there's a good chance of that. Then again, many people have immigrated to New York, so you never know.

As for the picture... well, it's not horrendous... I'd recommend not using MS Paint.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:51 pm

I only asked his age because that can factor a lot to drawing skill. I frequent some drawing communities where I'll see some amazing art, and assume the person is my age or younger, but it turns out there like 40 :shock:

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:34 am

Big Momma wrote:
omegacwa wrote: don't buy some gimmicky book about how to draw the AWESOME MANGAH HERROES.
You ever notice how most of those are made by mexicans and white guys?(At least all the ones I've seen)

I'm not racist, really.
I have a few good ones, written by Japanese people, and one written by a Brit, and it's very unhelpful, he just draws lines, then tells you to draw circles, then ADD DETAIL! And doesn't even explain HOW. just 4 steps, the Japanese ones usually have about 20 steps on how to draw a human shape alone, this guy was just showing off his shitty arm, some of which are obvious traces from shows such as NOIR and Evangelion.

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:10 pm

I've seen books like that.

Step 1:
Draw Circle

Step 2:
Draw Goku

and you're done!

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:41 pm

I'd recommend not using MS Paint
I don't think that's the problem. I draw in MS paint all the time...

(But yea, I know what you're trying to say)

...Compared to his other works, this one isn't so bad from what little I can see of it in that tiny picture. :?