Kai Episode 10 (07 June 2009)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:48 pm

Cold Skin wrote:By the way, I didn't see all episodes of DBZ, and most of the ones I've seen were like 15 years ago. You guys mention the Kikoho being "corrected" I think. What was wrong about it in the original Dragon Ball Z?
They are talking about the preview for this episode where it was not properly animated.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:36 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:
Cold Skin wrote:By the way, I didn't see all episodes of DBZ, and most of the ones I've seen were like 15 years ago. You guys mention the Kikoho being "corrected" I think. What was wrong about it in the original Dragon Ball Z?
They are talking about the preview for this episode where it was not properly animated.
Yeah, Hujio went over it here, and on his page for episode 009.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:00 am

Hmm, Nappa really is more polite towards Vegeta in Dragon Ball Z than in Kai.

Did anyone else noticed this?

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:23 am

I gotta say, while I miss Hirotaka Suzuoki as Tenshinhan, Hikaru Midorikawa makes for a great Tenshinhan as well. He's usually known for voicing very calm, collective characters (Kaede Rukawa in Slam Dunk, Akihiko Sanada in Persona, Zenon in Beet, Heero Yuy in Gundam Wing), so I was quite surprised to hear his final Kikoho against Nappa. I've never heard his voice stretch that far. Overall, the general pacing doesn't really bother me and I haven't really noticed anything out of place, but that's probably because I wasn't really much of a viewer of the subbed Dragon Ball Z episodes (or the series for that matter) aside from the Toonami airings. I'm more of a manga purist if anything, so Kai is refreshing for me.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]