DragonBall Multiverse - Portuguese Version

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DNA
I Live Here

DragonBall Multiverse - Portuguese Version

Post by DNA » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:36 pm

So, it seems that yours truly is finally translating this doujinshi. It was a hard struggle, but after a long time of doing nothing I was just fed up with the very poor translations.

So, anyway, for all you Portuguese DragonBall fans who want to read this comic, you can now enjoy it in our native language.

http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/pt/page-121.html

The latest chapter is all corrected and in proper Portuguese. The first chapter is in the works, I'll carry on with the next ones ASAP. I'll also guarantee that you'll have the latest page on time and typo free.

RandomDbzEnthusiast

Post by RandomDbzEnthusiast » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:11 pm

Finally a good Portuguese translation of the manga, even if I prefer reading in English ,it`s always good to see that our version is as good as the original. 8)

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:03 pm

Heh, I do try. By the way, the original is the French one. Although the English one is made by the same person. Some of the dialogue is changed around. I sometimes change it as well to suit the situation more. But please, do follow the Portuguese one, I'm trying to make it as good as the originals and keep it's seriousness. I evaluate each character for what would they say and how would they say it. It would be a great honour for me if more people followed it and actually preferred it in our language than any other one.

It's shameful that the TV series was so poorly dubbed. And the manga is very lazily done. Makes me sad to not have access to the manga in good quality in my language.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:57 pm

If you need any help, I can help.

As far as Dragon Ball in portuguese goes, I am forced to buy the english manga. :roll: . But I really don`t mind since I`m confortable with english.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:11 pm

rereboy wrote:If you need any help, I can help.

As far as Dragon Ball in portuguese goes, I am forced to buy the english manga. :roll: . But I really don`t mind since I`m confortable with english.
Thanks, but I can manage on my own.

I do prefer the Portuguese version of the manga, for the sole fact that it is in my native language, but I do admit it is very poorly translated.

RandomDbzEnthusiast

Post by RandomDbzEnthusiast » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:15 pm

DNA wrote:
rereboy wrote:If you need any help, I can help.

Thanks, but I can manage on my own.

I do prefer the Portuguese version of the manga, for the sole fact that it is in my native language, but I do admit it is very poorly translated.
I offer you the same help.. if you need it.. 8)

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:48 pm

RandomDbzEnthusiast wrote:I offer you the same help.. if you need it.. 8)
Again, thanks but I can manage. All the help that I ask from you is to keep checking the Portuguese version and advertise it to your friends who like DBZ :)

If this gets popular enough, I might do DBAF, Neko Majin Z and others.